A Fever You Can't Sweat Out [Log: Jeremiah, Madeline]

Against a backdrop of jaw dropping scenery, the waterfront is all about the walk-able fun: there are quirky shops, seafood eateries (of course) and the iconic express. This room encompasses Elliots Oyster House, Ye old Curiosity shop, Seattle Great Wheel, Washington state Ferries, Argosy Cruises and Wings over Washington.
QuicksilverFox85

A Fever You Can't Sweat Out [Log: Jeremiah, Madeline]

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:47 am

Set a few days after The Grand Masquerade

Jeremiah Hamilton
Evening came as it always did, allowing Madeline to rise from the daysleep and find something a little...unusual on Jeremiah's side of the bed: a note, written in his familiar hand, advising her that he would most likely be in the living room and if he was asleep to wake him up when she arose.

A keen ear would also hear the alarm he had set on his phone going off in the living room, with no sign of it being silenced just yet...

Madeline LaCourt
That was odd and made her frown.

She was quick when she heard the phone, and was beside it picking it up in a heart beat. Or a blur as one might say. She turned the button off and looked to him

Jeremiah Hamilton
When she zipped into the living room she would find a person-shaped bundle of blankets curled up on the couch, a now-cold cup of tea sitting on the sidetable nearby. The turning off of the alarm elicited a little mumble from under the blankets but not much else.

Madeline LaCourt
She reached down and put her hand on him "Hey" She siad softly

Jeremiah Hamilton
Her hand caused another shift under the blankets, with one end being lifted up to reveal Jeremiah's head, hair fluffed up and askew from said blankets. He smiled up to her, his voice both husky from sleep and a little froggy on top of that for good measure. "Hey."

Madeline LaCourt
She looked down at him and smiled "Hey" She said softly agian and then said "Did you not sleep well last evening? You could have stayed...with me"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"No, I slept okay." He sat up slowly to give her room on the couch, keeping the blankets bundled around him for the moment. "Woke up not feeling well, though, and it snowballed over the day. Finally caught the bug that's been going around the staff, I think..."

Madeline LaCourt
Her brows shot up "what..bug?" she instinctively took a step back even though...she was not prone to such things

Jeremiah Hamilton
His eyebrow arched a touch as she stepped back, clearing his throat to banish the frog a bit before continuing. "Just a little cold. Been drowning myself in tea and orange juice, so it should hopefully pass in a couple days."

Madeline LaCourt
She stepped forward and put her hand on his forehead. She quickly pulled it back and headed to the kitchen "Your very feverish" She said going through the cupboards.

Jeremiah Hamilton
He relaxed a touch at the relative chill of her hand on his forehead, giving a little nod as she headed into the kitchen. After a moment he started unbundling himself, revealing the black t-shirt he was wearing, and reached over to the side table to grab his glasses and check the status of the tea he had left sitting there. "Not too surprised. Was trying to sweat it out, hence the cocoon."

Madeline LaCourt
She had grabbed, from what he could see: Garlic, cayenne pepper and honey. And, a pestle and mortar. She started to bang them all together.

"You want to sweat it out? We have Olive oil, I can oil you up. And we have bourbon, honey, and tea...basically I can make you a hot toddy. Those tend to work. Then wrap you in the blankets. Guess that means no cuddling tonight"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Not sure what the oil would do, so I'll pass on that. The toddy sounds fantastic, though." He smirked a touch, watching her as she worked. "Can take a bit of a breather from the cocoon for a cuddle, though...been doing it for most of the day."

Madeline LaCourt
She looked up "Olive oil is a healing oil. It will help warm your skin when the toddy warms you internally" She reached for a coffee cup and then moved to get the tea, started to make the toddy. Once she got the water on, she brought over a spoonful of the stuff she had mortared. "Eat this. Garlic, Cayenne and honey.”

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Ah..." He gave a little nod at that, eyeing the spoon as he took it from her and swallowed it, eyes widening as the pepper and garlic started to hit on the way down. "I'm awake now..."

Madeline LaCourt
She half smiled "natural antibiotic" She took the spoon and moved away, looking over her shoulder with a bit of a smile "Good to know. You sure you don't want ME to oil you up" she winked and went about making the rest of his toddy. She watched him as the tea was seeping, and mixed the lemon, honey and bourbon together.

Jeremiah Hamilton
He reached over and took a sip of the cold tea sitting nearby to help wash the concoction down, making a bit of a face as he did so, then looked over to her with a smirk. "It's tempting, but I'll pass."

"You sleep alright, by the way?"

Madeline LaCourt
She brought him his toddy "Ill give you another spoonful in a hour"She warned.

To his question she shrugs "same as I usually do, I suppose"

Jeremiah Hamilton
He gave a little nod, taking the toddy when offered. "Thank you."

"Good. No discordant notes or anything?" He paused, thinking a moment; he still needed to do the reading on what the source for that oddity was, didn't he...

"Could you do me a favor? In the right drawer of the writing desk in the bedroom there's a wooden box. Mind grabbing it for me?"

Madeline LaCourt
"You're welcome" She said, to his question she just sorta looked at him with a neutral look but didnt answer, she did however move to the bedroom and got what he requested, coming back and taking a seat. "That helping your throat at all?"

Jeremiah Hamilton
His eyebrow arched a touch at the look and lack of answer, watching as she headed for the bedroom. By the time she came back he had cleared off a space on the coffee table in front of him, leaning over and resting his head on her shoulder for a moment when she sat down. "Thank you, and it is."

Madeline LaCourt
She reached up and stroked his cheek when he did that "Thank you, and I am glad to hear it"

Jeremiah Hamilton
His eyes closed as she caressed his cheek, letting out a quiet sound of contentment. "That feels lovely..."

His head lingered on her shoulder for a bit longer before he gave a little nuzzle and sat back up properly, taking the box from her and opening it to reveal the set of hand-drawn tarot cards within. The box was set aside and he started shuffling the deck, the query forming in his mind. "I've been meaning to ask...where did you come across the seer that you had at the club opening?"

Madeline LaCourt
She watched curiously. His question made her blink though. "Mordicai? Hes a member of the Malkavian clan. Herm, Vampire clan known for their insight and insanity"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Ah..." He nodded quietly, continuing to shuffle the deck. "I spoke with him for a little bit while showing a few friends around the club. Very...interesting fellow, and certainly showed that insight."

Madeline LaCourt
Her arm went along the couch and fingers played with the back of his neck "Oh yeah? Yeah sometimes they can be pretty fighting in what they know. There is a joke that the Nosferatu, which are the spymasters...went to tell a Malkavian some juicy information. The Malkavian listened and then filled the Nos on what he did NOT know, as well as finishing what the Nos started to tell him"

Management:
0 | 01/12/2018 5:04 am Jeremiah Hamilton has rolled an Omen (Soothsay 3 + Wyrd 4 + Actor 4 + Bunk 5 + WP 3) roll (19 dice), getting 4, 4, 6, 8, 10, 10, 8, 1, 8, 4, 7, 8, 7, 3, 7, 5, 3, 4, 3, 10, 8, 8, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jeremiah Hamilton has 9 successes.

Jeremiah Hamilton
"I see..." Another little sound of contentment slipped from him at the caress, smiling a touch; he wasn't shy to physical touch normally, as she knew rather well, but it felt rather fantastic at the moment. "He gave me a bit of a warning about those odd disconnects you've been having, hence the cards. Wanted to look into it while I was thinking about it."

Once the cards felt like they were ready he began the reading, flipping the top card for the focus of the query and setting it on the table. The other cards were laid out in the Celtic Cross in short order, the cantrip activated as the last card was laid out.

Madeline LaCourt
"Oh, I see" She said letting her finger trail down his spine until it hit the shirts edge, her hand slipped over the shirt and when it got to the hem..well he had a cold hand slide up under it to run across his back slowly. "Hes interesting. He did tell me I probably should reconsider dating a Dream lord, and to not let the Tremere know what you are and OH he wont tell, no one would believe him anyway" She shook her head.

The cards as they where laid down picture drew a fairly ugly telling. Something beautiful was created and in harmony, but then came the wanderer that caused disruption in the sound. The song. The male, for that was very much what the cards said: Male with dark eyes and hair, was bringing death and destruction to those of the song. What she was hearing was the cords of her sister clan mates being cut out and silenced. Eventually, this one would come to cut her cord as well. So that only he would be left of the song. He would come in the spring, when the snows were gone. He would come as a friend, but with the mask of deception as the Moon card indicated.

Jeremiah Hamilton
Jeremiah nodded quietly at her words, although she could tell that he wasn't all there; he seemed to be both looking at the cards and beyond them, watching as the strands of the Dán form into a more coherent whole.

He did sit up straighter when her hand slid under his shirt, a low rumble at the motion of her hand tinged with concern as things fell into place. "The son will come when the snows depart, bringing discord in his wake..." he said without realizing it, eyes going to the Moon card. "Until only he is left of the song and the daughters sing no more."

After a long moment he snapped out of the seer's trance, blinking sharply and looking to Madeline with no small bit of concern clear in his features. "The disconnects are coming from other members of your bloodline that have been killed...and he'll be coming for you."

TBC

fairfolk

Re: A Fever You Can't Sweat Out [Log: Jeremiah, Madeline]

Post by fairfolk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:43 am

Image Madeline LaCourt
Striking looks 4| Enchanting Voice | Blush of Health| Status | Presence 5| Intimidation 3
"I know" She said softly. Her eyes turning to meet his and she said "I mean, I suspected. The discordant sound is similar to when my brother comes around. But, its also a bit more in tune with Althea and I. But, I hear it and then a cord drops. And then the sound picks up again. So, I suspected it was something like that." She looked him over and said "You do not need to worry about me love"

She reached up and ran the back of her forefinger against his cheek and said "so I am your empress?"

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:08 pm

Jeremiah Hamilton
Presence 5 | Enchanting Performance | Striking Looks (Byronic) | Title 2 | Wyrd 4 | Nightmare: 1/10
Jeremiah nodded quietly, dark eyes meeting hers easily. "You know that I'm going to worry, though. I don't want to lose you again, especially to another maniac who sees you as something to destroy at his whim."

He leaned into her touch, smiling warmly. "You are indeed, although at the time I made the cards I didn't remember who you were. It felt right, though, so I went with it."

Nightmare check, since I forgot >.>:
quicksilverfox85 Jeremiah Hamilton Nightmare 1 1 6 Failure 01/12/18 03:55:51 PM

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:49 pm

Image Madeline LaCourt
Striking looks 4| Enchanting Voice | Blush of Health| Status | Presence 5| Intimidation 3
This was a instant that the vampire would sigh if she could, but she could not and she did not take the breath to pretend to do so. It was not so important. She leaned in and gently kissed his cheek saying softly "I am a vampire love, anyone who finds out what I am, will think they can destroy me at their whim"

She leaned back and looked him over, her eyes worried but she smiled "But we arent going to let that happen. As to this one, Ill inform my siblings if they have not already figured it out and maybe they can speak to the other Daughters. And it wont have to be something you worry about. Maybe he can be destroyed before the spring"

She looked at the card and smiled "Its very beautiful. I wonder, well Now I do want to see your journals in case you dreamed of me while your mind was forced to forget me. Or if you drew me in other pictures. But, alas that is my vanity speaking out in hopes that my love remained even though memory was stolen. And really, It did as I can clearly see hear. So if that is the only one, my vanity will have to accept that it was powerful enough to be included in such a important tool" She winked at him almost playfully

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:11 pm

Jeremiah Hamilton
Presence 5 | Enchanting Performance | Striking Looks (Byronic) | Title 2 | Wyrd 4 | Nightmare: 1/10
Jeremiah smiled at the light kiss, his eyes meeting hers again as she leaned back. "And I'll be there to make sure anyone who gets such an idea in their head realizes how foolish it would be to follow through on it."

"One can hope. Forewarned is forearmed and all." He nodded, turning his attention to the card as she looked it over. "I would have to look, honestly, but I wouldn't be surprised. I remembered you enough to recognize you that night we ran into each other out on the Waterfront, after all." He chuckled at the wink, leaning over to rest his head on her shoulder again. "Definite proof of how much of an impression you made on my heart even when my mind was made to forget, if anything."

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:17 pm

Image Madeline LaCourt
She made the 'mmm' sound to his words and smiled "Its good to know we have each others backs. The world should be terrified"

When he leaned over and put his head on her shoulder she reached up and stroked his cheek again, paying attention to the heat of his skin. "Being a dream one imagines that you can dream up a girl too. " She chuckled "Must have been a surprise. It was to me, I was convinced you where your own descendant. And because of what happened, I wasnt sure I wanted to continue to see you and yet, I found i could not stay away"

After a moment her fingers stilled "We should take a bath and just soak" She was worried but she was trying not to show it to much, a bath together wasn't a strange request. The temperature of the water however, that would be.

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:43 pm

Jeremiah Hamilton
Jeremiah's eyes closed at the caress, the coolness of her touch - and her touch in general, truth be told - slowly but surely turning him into putty in her hand.

"One would think, but no one I encountered after I left here the first time was able to replace you." He smiled a touch, eyes remaining closed for the moment. "It was a surprise, but a welcomed one. I hadn't realized how much of an impact finding something that had remained intact as the years moved on would have, and that only grew as I got to know you again and you retook your proper place in my heart."

When her hand stopped he slowly sat up, giving her a little nod. "Not opposed to the idea."

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:28 am

Image Madeline LaCourt
When he did that she put her other arm around him too and just held him for a moment longer then let him get up, her hand slipped into his "You need to take another spoonful of garlic first...do you need a little help to the bath?" She asked , her fingers wrapping around his

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:02 pm

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Don't think it's been an hour yet, but alright." He nodded, sliding the rest of the blankets off of him with his free hand before looking back over to her, giving her hand a squeeze. "Think I'm good."

Madeline LaCourt
She just looked at him and half smiled, but lead him to the counter and gave him another spoon "its really every half to hour but having a little before wont hurt" She said

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Ah...fair enough." He got up with her help, packing up the tarot cards back in their box before following her to the kitchen counter. He took the offered spoon and swallowed it, coughing a bit as the pepper kicked in.

Madeline LaCourt
She smiled and chuckled "cant kiss you for a while too" She said and pretty much bounced to the bathroom. He could hear her drawing the water. "Come on" she called out to him

Jeremiah Hamilton
With a bit of work he managed to get "Now that is a shame..." out around the coughing fit, shuffling back to the side table to pick up the toddy and take a long gulp before setting it back down and following her into the bedroom.

After putting the box with the tarot cards was back in its place in the writing desk he headed into the bathroom, leaning against the counter as he watched her get the bath ready.

Madeline LaCourt
She laughed "Garlic breath + Vampire..."

She looked up at him and motioned "Undress boy unless you want me to undress you.."

Jeremiah Hamilton
"I thought you said garlic wasn't a thing with you guys..." He chuckled, giving her an amused look before he pulled his shirt off.

Madeline LaCourt
"I dunno My love, THAT much garlic would kill a mortal girl trying to kiss ya" She chuckled and stood, stripping her clothing off and slipping into the water up to her shoulders, she lifted her arms for him

He might notice that this time around, no steam came from the tube, she wasnt going to try to boil him today

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Fair enough...I'll brush my teeth first." He smirked, getting the rest of his pajamas off and taking his glasses off before sliding into the water beside her. The tepid temperature of the water surprised him a bit, but the mix of that, her natural chill when she didn't have the blush running and his own mild fever made for an oddly comfortable combination.

Once in the tub he relaxed beside her, resting his head on her shoulder. "Are you needing to go out tonight, by the way?"

Madeline LaCourt
She slipped her arms around him and held him against her. Her fingers moved along his skin slowly as she considered. After a bit she said softly "I think..Ill be good tonight. I think you need me more"

Jeremiah Hamilton
His eyes closed as her fingers traced a path of their own making, curling up against her as he draped his arm across her torso. He almost seemed to melt under her touch, indulging in the closeness in a way that showed a soul-deep level of trust. "If you're sure."

Madeline LaCourt
His actions made her smile. She reached up and ran a little bit of the water on her finger tips along his temple and jaw. "I don't want to leave you" She said lowly. "nt when your not feeling well"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Appreciate it." He smiled quietly, his head tilting a bit with the motion of her hand almost like a cat leaning into a proper petting. "I don't get sick all that often, but it usually hits like a ton of bricks when I do."

Madeline LaCourt
She kept it up, and soon he might realize she was spooning water onto him but not enough to be to much, or to obvious. She pressed her lips to his forehead. "Last time I was around someone who was sick, it was plague"

Jeremiah Hamilton
If he did notice he didn't seem to mind, looking utterly content by all appearances.

His eyes opened when she kissed his forehead, looking up at her for a moment with a small smirk. "Hence the look you gave me when I mentioned I was sick, I'm guessing?"

Madeline LaCourt
She continued to do was she had been doing, making sure to touch him comfortingly. When he looked at her she gave a little nod "Yeah. They died"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Sorry to hear that." He nodded in return, the hand on the arm draped across her torso lightly tracing a lazy circle just above her hip. "Know this isn't anything that serious, at least..."

Madeline LaCourt
She shifted so his headed ended up on her cleavage which she was okay with. She chuckled because it allowed her to finish putting water on his neck easily. "Still. The last time I had to worry about any kind of sickness..there was no such thing as a little cold"

Jeremiah Hamilton
He couldn't help but smirk at the repositioning, gently resting his head there rather than doing anything boorish. "True enough. The wonders of modern medicine..."

Madeline LaCourt
She hadn't expected him too, always the gentlemen he was. Besides, boy was sick as hell.

"you're more cuddly then usual" She noted with a little smile

Jeremiah Hamilton
He smiled a touch as well, closing his eyes again as he relaxed against her. "Not a bad thing, I hope. Needing the...physical contact a little more than usual, I guess."

Madeline LaCourt
She chuckled "No, I like holding you" She leaned in an nuzzled him. "I like being with you, and being physical. So no, I don't mind"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Good." He gave a little nod, still smiling slightly. "If it does get to be too much, though, let me know."

Madeline LaCourt
"I doubt that will happen, at least today" She hugged him again and continued to pour water on him. "I'm hoping to get our fever down too"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Alright." He hugged her in return, letting out a quiet sigh. "I am feeling better, if anything."

Madeline LaCourt
She pressed her lips to his forehead and held them there a moment before leaning back "Your not AS hot"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"I'll take that for the moment." He looked up to her at that. "Thank you for this."

Madeline LaCourt
Her lips curled up and she leaned in to rub her nose against his a moment before pulling back and looking at him "Every time someone threatens my life you jump to my protection. I -won't- die without a violent end. You, on the other hand...Ill always take care of you when you are ill. Because, I will not lose you again"

Jeremiah Hamilton
Dark eyes met hers easily, a hand lifting out of the water and lightly caressing her cheek. "Not going anywhere any time soon, I promise you that."

Madeline LaCourt
She smiled "Of course not. Im taking care of you!" She chuckled "You ready go get out or are you content here? If we get out, you can dress ..or not..and we can crawl in bed and ill let you cuddle me , let you rest"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"As nice as this is, moving to the bed doesn't sound like a half-bad idea. Starting to feel a little waterlogged."

Madeline LaCourt
Her foot moved and pulled the plug, then she slowly detached from him and stood. She stepped out and grabbed a towel, wrapped it around her. Then, grabbed one for him "your turn love"

Jeremiah Hamilton
There was a brief moment of reluctance to let her go but he did so after the moment passed, letting her get up and out of the tub before moving to do so himself. He took the offered towel, drying himself off before wrapping it around his waist and picking up his glasses from the counter so he could bring them into the bedroom. "Thank you."

Madeline LaCourt
She looked him over and made mmmmm sound and chuckled "Your welcome" She then turned to the bedroom.

Once there, she rummaged for some clean night clothing for him and set them aside, then a slip dress which she put on.

She then went to the bed and pulled the blanket down and climbed in "come on"

Jeremiah Hamilton
He smiled at her appraising look, giving her a sly little wink in return. He didn't head into the bedroom right away, though, taking a moment to brush his teeth and get rid of some of the garlic taste from his mouth.

Once that was handled he made his way to the bed, setting his glasses down on the end table before getting into the fresh set of pajamas and sliding into bed beside her. "Gladly."

Madeline LaCourt
She slipped up beside him and curled around him. "Thanks for not killing me with the garlic breath" She chuckled and held him "I love you, very much"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Very welcome. Didn't think that was worth inflicting on either of us." He smiled, leaning forward a bit to kiss her forehead lightly before settling in beside her. "I love you too."

Much cuddling ensued, although the sidhe ended up nodding off not too long after they had begun. A smile lingered on his face, looking utterly content.