Getting Up To Speed [Log: Jeremiah, Samandriel]

Just east of Downtown you can find colorful urban scenes where many streets boast a metropolitan buzz and others emanate a tree lined residential calm This the cities LGBTQ hub, but visitors are locals of all sorts flock to Capital Hill. This room encompasses Station 7, Castia International, Elliot Bay Book Company, Volunteer Park, Rock Box, Neumos, Century Ballroom, and Sun liqure
QuicksilverFox85

Getting Up To Speed [Log: Jeremiah, Samandriel]

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:38 am

Date: Same day as A New Resident

Jeremiah Hamilton
On this particular afternoon, Samandriel's phone would ring with a newly-added number appearing on the screen, the Leanhaun on the other side of the line greeting her warmly if she picked up (or leaving a polite message if she didn't) asking if she was willing to come by the Circle at some point that afternoon for a bit of a chat; nothing pressing, of course, just a general 'getting to know you' sort of thing.

Samandriel
Since she really didnt have much to do beyond watch puss in boots, she came in the late afternoon.

Today she was dressed in a pair of cranberry leather pants and matching shirt, knee high boots and a black wrap, a decent size purse on her arm. red hair was pulled up in a pony tail

She showed up and allowed herself to be directed to where ever he wanted to see her

Jeremiah Hamilton
Jeremiah was actually waiting for her upstairs in the gallery portion of the club, dressed down somewhat since their last meeting in black jeans, a grey shirt and a black jacket to round out the ensemble. He gave her a warm smile as she came in along with a nod, motioning for her to follow him down into the club proper. "Thanks for coming by. How have you been doing?"

Samandriel
She smiled seeing him "No probem, Im doing fairly good and yourself?" She said looking around the room before back at him

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Very well, actually, barring a bit of an incident with some of the local rabble-rousers. Was able to get that handled without too much issue, though." A rather polite way to put what had happened with the rebellion, but then again they were still in a public space at the moment...

"Glad to hear you're doing well, though." He nodded, leading her to one of the VIP rooms in the club area; a few members of the staff were here and there in the club proper, tidying things up and getting ready for the evening's festivities. Once at the door for the room he opened it for her, waiting until she was inside before sliding in and closing the door behind them both.

He motioned for her to take a seat where she wished, glancing over to the bar in the corner. "Care for a drink?"

Samandriel
"congratulations on that" She said following him. She slipped into the room and looked around before finding a place to sit. She crossed her legs "Thank you, and "Hrm "well I could use a glass of white wine, if you do not mind?"

Jeremiah Hamilton
She had a choice between a couch, a few other nicer chairs and the ten-seater table in the center of the room, any of which she was more than able to take.

"Not at all." He nodded with a smile, stepping behind the bar and pulling a bottle and a glass to pour it in from underneath. "Things going well with you and Ryan, I hope? Seemed you two were enjoying yourselves the last time you came by."

Samandriel
Couch was best.

She reached up and took the glass "thanks. "they are good, we have a little help in softening him up a bit as far as his rather annoying banality field around him"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Ah...good." He chuckled, taking a seat beside her on the couch with his own glass of water in hand. "Did give him a few pointers as well when he and I talked recently, hopefully those are helping as well."

"I was curious about something, though." He looked to her at that. "You mentioned something about crossing 'oceans of time' to find him again...what exactly did you mean by that?"

Samandriel
"I inherited a pooka childling, shes decided its her task in life to teach him not to be a headache" She smirked at that.

To his question she watched him for a long bit and said "Last fae I spoke to about it said it was way far out, even for us"

Jeremiah Hamilton
Jeremiah paused for a moment, eventually chucking softly. "That would do the trick, wouldn't it...best of luck."

He watched her in kind, smiling slightly. "Try me."

Samandriel
"Im hoping so" She chuckled "Shes decided they will have a tea party tonight, IN pjs. Poor Ryan about crawled out of the room " She chuckled and shook her head.

Then she scrunched her nose up "I meant, literal oceans of time. I met him in another time line, Ive been with him through a few. Well, Not ME..alternate time line mes. The one hes from, he thought I died in a explosion in Miami, but he found I was sleeping in my fathers house, coma. I woke with a kiss" Her brow arched "And then apparently died trying to get my dead baby back. I know of another where I did not become fae, we had a child together. And others, but MINE...I went walking in the hedge" She paused "Where I am from, the True fae arent what we are. They are incredibly powerful hosts much more attuned to the Fomorians then what we are, they kid nap humans and ...it changes them. Take them through whats called the hedge, or a barrier between worlds. I could walk it, I did....that hedge, its a pocket of time and space. I transversed it as time lines started to fall apart and watched the most probable one to find him in. I got here just as this one was collapsing and reforming. I have no idea what was going on, I think maybe the fae apocolypse but it reformed" She shrugs

Jeremiah Hamilton
That mental image brought a small smirk to the Leanhaun's features, nodding. "I can imagine."

He went quiet as she continued, an eyebrow quirking up slightly but giving a small nod when she finished. He could see where the 'science fiction' aspect of what Ryan had said was coming in now, but he seemed more accepting of the idea. God only knew what was really out in the Deep Dreaming, after all...

"I see...sounds like a rather harrowing experience, all told." He took a small sip of her water, watching her a moment before he continued. "I take it that you've been here for a relatively short time, then, hence why you didn't know about what would happened on Samhain?"

Samandriel
"eh, more fun then anything. It was the being rebuilt that was confusing at best" She half smiled and lifted her fingers. As she did they started to crack and open to show masma. "Here I am Sidhe. But where I am from I am what is called a Elemental, a Fire elemental. NOT the same kind as here" She looked up at him and put her hand down, taking a drink of her drink ad continuing "with a outter shell of what is called a fairest, they look like the sidhe in some respects. I ..guess I was rebuilt as I came here cause I am not what I was anymore" She shook her head "Its more confusing then anything" She looked up"A few months, we didnt have the same laws there as we do here"

Jeremiah Hamilton
His eyebrows went up a touch as the magma beneath the porcelain revealed itself, looking back to the woman herself with a small nod. "I would wager it would be."

"Well, if you have questions about anything that those of your own house haven't been able to assist you with, do let me know. More than happy to help."

Samandriel
She breathed in "Only one other of my house knows, I dont like spreading it around. You never know how anyone is going to take it. And there a few things that are simular enough that Ive been able to fake it enough...though..we DONT hand the crown back to winter, where where I cam from we did"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Fair enough." He nodded, pausing briefly at her last statement before smirking. "No, we do not. Mind you, some of the Unseelie Court would prefer that we did, but that's rarelt the case these days."

"Nonetheless, your secret is safe with me, madame." He smiled warmly. "And the offer for assistance in catching up with how things work here still stands."

Samandriel
"yeah, I dunno why. Balance is so important" She pondered.

Then smiled a little 'I appreciate that, and would appreciate the help. What would you want in return?

Jeremiah Hamilton
"It used to be that way, but once the Interregnum settled in properly it fell out of practice in all but a few domains. Then again the vast majority of the sidhe were no longer here to rule, so it was upon the commoner kiths to handle their own business and keep the Dream alive as they could."

"Return?" He waved off the thought with a dismissive motion of his hand, the warm smile returning. "I'm a teacher by nature, madame; your continued friendship will more than suffice."

Samandriel
"Very well then, but I want you to know, I'm not friends with you for this. But because, your worthy of being my friend." She grinned and leaned back "now have you ever heard of a pooka named Puss in Boots?"

Jeremiah Hamilton
“Noted, and I'm honored to be considered such.” He nodded with a small smile, raising his glass in a salute before taking a sip.

“I can't say that I have, at least not locally. Heard the name used before, though.” He gave her a curious look at that. “Why do you ask?”