Fire in the Heart and in the Hand [Log: Aria, Joseph]

Snoqualmie Falls is a classic "Must See" for the Seattle area. Its only about half a hour from the city and features a 268 foot waterfall on the Snoqualmie River. Its a great way to Experience the grandness of the outdoors while remaining accessible for anyone who wants to check it out.
QuicksilverFox85

Fire in the Heart and in the Hand [Log: Aria, Joseph]

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:45 am

Set a day or two after Never A Dull Moment...

Joseph Taylor
After getting back from the shopping-trip-turned-Parkour-session (and the ear-chewing that he got from Vali after the fact), a little seed of an idea had started to form in Joseph's mind. It probably wasn't the wisest of ideas, in some respects, but on the other hand he did want to get some practice time in with the cantrips he would be using for the Hive run...

Thus, on this particular afternoon there would be a knock on the door of the cabin that Sy and Aria shared, with the casually-dressed sidhe waiting behind it for a response from those within. One hand was in the pocket of his jacket, fiddling with the lighter he'd brought with him for the occassion.

Aria
*WEeeeeell she hadn't gotten a real ear ripping, just the long Sy worry stare, which had gotten her to huff at him! and stomp to make cookies to make up.

And when the door knocked she did go to tend it, in her usual cargo pants, combat bootks, a black shirt and a sweater tossed on.. and oven mittens... yup, oven mittens. But she opend the door, stopped, doubld looked, DAMN! there was that song again... so a quick* just a sec! *as she'slipped' back in to 'leave the mittens on their place' and of course composse from drolling over a guest. She came back out* sorry, was making 'I'll be more careful' cookies.

Joseph Taylor
Joseph smirked quietly as the door was partially closed again, giving her a nod when she came back. "No worries; they smell great, if anything."

"On that note, though," he lowered his voice a bit in case Sylvester was around, "I had a thought of...testing out a bit of that fire power before we do the hive run. Wanted to know if you wanted to come with; could say it was for preparations for the run if anyone asks."

Aria
*she smiles as he says they smell good, she HOPES they tasted good too... she had been... well... improving her cooky making.

And then she perked, blinking, ohhh! right, the fire thing, a little humm* ok... but.. where would we go *mean, she COULD use some practice and training, truth be told*

Joseph Taylor
"It'd be a bit of a walk, but I know somewhere off the bawn that would work pretty well." He looked to her with a conspiratorial smirk. "If you don't think your brother would be too angry with you, that is..."

Aria
nha... he won't be angry, he might go all about not telling him to come along, but he is busy. *his conspirational smirk made her smile*

Joseph Taylor
"Alright then." He nodded with a smile. "I'm good to go when you are."

Aria
ooh...hold it *she did slip back in, then back out* you can come in if you want...*and back in, to get a bit of a gear, and quicky change flour stained sweater for a clean one... wait they were going to go to find troulbe... nha, she still changed it, and grabbed... uh * something specific we may need?

Joseph Taylor
He nodded and stepped inside, closing the door behind him. "Not that I can think of off-hand, least on my end."

Aria
*she nodded, thought on a moment on getting the cloak Anne had given her, but then shook her head, it was better to keep it in its best for the Hive ride, so she just took Sy's knive gifts just in case and moved on* ok, ready

Joseph Taylor
Once she was ready he opened the door for her like a proper gentleman would, following out after her and letting her lock up or what have you. Once she was ready he started heading northwest, keeping his pace even with hers as they went.

Aria
*She just made sure it was closed not to attrack in critters to eat the....*OOOPS! *and dashed back in to turn the oven OFF, then back out with a sheepish smile* I dind't forget anything....*nope... it was NOT his fault.. well maybe a bit of ... ok yea..hum* SO.. *she started to follow him* what kind of... thing it is?

Joseph Taylor
Joseph couldn't help but smirk as she rushed back inside, giving her a little nod. "I'll take your word for it."

"Where we're heading? It's a little stony outcropping that my brothers and I used for a place to camp out while hunting when we were younger."

Aria
*she nods* I still don't know a lot of place here... some, but not many... did you grow here?

Joseph Taylor
"I did, yes." He nodded quietly. "Only time I really left was when I went into town and when I left to join the Army."

Aria
*she nods, looking on around as they walked* then you've got to know almsot everywhere

Joseph Taylor
"Decent bit." He smiled slightly, glancing around as they went. "Some things have changed, though; a lot of the cabins were added in while I was gone, for example."

Aria
*she nods* well.... it is a big Sept... well kind of... do you miss how it was?

Joseph Taylor
"Decently big, at least from what I've seen."

He paused at the question, actually having to think for a moment. "I miss the people more than anything."

Aria
*she nods, then tilts her head* are they gone?.. not everyone surely

Joseph Taylor
"Just about." He nodded quietly, looking ahead as they walked. "While I was in the service I was...trapped somewhere for a very long time, but not a whole lot of that time passed for me. I got back a few years ago and found out that both my brothers and father had died in service to Gaia while I was gone."

Aria
oh *it was a soft sound, mean picturing THAT... but she HAD heared of .. well True Borns actually getting trapped in the Umbra... but still* that must be lonely *mean she knew, they ALL knew sooner or later everyone died... but still*

Joseph Taylor
"It was, but Vali helped me to adjust and I found a place for myself here again." He looked to her with a small smile. "I still miss them, but I have a family of my own here now, and I couldn't be more happy about that."

Aria
*She nods.... biting her lower lip once, she really, really couldn't imagine being without Sy, mean it was HELL when he just left.... and just thinking.. gahb, she shakes her head* Vali Rhya is nice... well seems nice, I have really not talked to her

Joseph Taylor
"She's a gem, no doubt about that." The smile warmed as he spoke, in that way that only true love could do to a smile. "I thank God, Gaia and everyone in between that she came to check on me the day I arrived and we ended up hitting it off."

Aria
*She nods, her head tilting at the way he spoke, kind of... a curious look, like she that kind of thing is actually new* You really love her.

Joseph Taylor
"I do, with all my heart and then some." He looked to her at that. "She makes me happy, and I do my best to do the same in return."

Aria
*a little nod, then a soft hmm* did you know it'll be like that? mean.... when she claimed you?

Joseph Taylor
"I had a good idea, yeah." He gave a little nod. "She had been helping me for about a month when she asked me if I wanted her to make the claim, and I was already pretty head over heels for her at that point."

Aria
*she blinks, looking up to him.... nodding a bit*

Joseph Taylor
"Take it you haven't really felt that way for someone else yet?" The tone of the question was polite, more inquisitive than dismissive.

Aria
*She shook her head, looking on ahead* I don't know if I ever will *a little shrug, she didn't really finish her whole idea on the subject, there was not point whinning about just finding a nice one was sure a hard bet* I kinda didn't dislike someone in the Old Sept, but that was it.

Joseph Taylor
He nodded quietly, looking around a bit to orient himself before turning a little more northward now that they were outside the bawn proper. "You never really know if and when it'll happen, but it might surprise you one day. Always good to keep an open mind."

Aria
*She looks up to him, nodding with a faint smile, mean there was really no point worrying about -that- it wasn't her choise after all* SO! that means we shoudl could pops or granpops? *yea, divert the conversation.. damn he is WAY to hot for a pops, oi! shake of head*

Joseph Taylor
He actually laughed at that, shaking his head with a smile. "Just Joseph is fine...not a lot of folks outside of my tribe know about that part of things, so it'd be better to keep that on the down low, as they say."

Aria
aah *she nodded, she knew about downsides* alright... you don't look like a pops anyway

TBC

QuicksilverFox85

Re: Fire in the Heart and in the Hand [Log: Aria, Joseph]

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:00 am

Joseph Taylor
"I'll take that as a compliment." Joseph chuckled quietly. "I'm not that much older than you physically, I don't think..."

Aria
huhmm *she eyed him* no.. you look quite young *she nodded, and SO did not add the hot part of the comment, nhu uh!*but for you time did not pass at all, right?

Joseph Taylor
"Not at any noticeable rate, no." He gave a little nod, looking ahead as the top of the outcropping they were heading to started to peek out through the trees. "Was 21 when I got stuck and it's been three years since I made it back, so I stick with 24 if anyone asks."

Aria
*She nods, grinning* you are oooooooolder *giggles* than me... at least well... unofficially that is.. or it would be officially... no officially you are older, unofficially you would be WAY so

Joseph Taylor
"True enough." He smirked, reaching over and ruffling her hair a bit. "You and Sylvester are what, eighteen?"

Aria
hei don't mess the art *she laughed, and nodded* just so... a month ago.. uh.. two

Joseph Taylor
"Thought so." He nodded, pressing on towards the outcropping. Seeing that it was still mostly in the same state as when he had camped out there a lifetime ago brought a small smile to his face, making another small nod. "And here we are. There should be a little alcove on the other side that we can use."

Aria
*she looked on ahead, then around* alcove? *looking up to him* like a room?

Joseph Taylor
"Sort of. Little cave kind of thing." He took point heading around the outcropping, the other side revealing an open space maybe eight feet deep into the rock face and about five feet wide, with the rock above overhanging the entrance by a foot or so.

Aria
*she followed, checking for what would be...her head tilting* hum... creepy... and so charming *she grins*

Joseph Taylor
He chuckled at that, peeking in to make sure that there wasn't anything hiding out inside. "Worked pretty well for camping out overnight, think it should be good for this as well. Less chance of catching something on fire, if anything..."

Aria
*she made a little circle around, eying for dry wood or the like* so.. you can also produce fire, aside from making the sprinklers go off?

Joseph Taylor
There were indeed plenty of branches and the like around, as well as dry leaves that could be used for kindling.

"Mmhmm." He nodded, stepping into the alcove once he confirmed it was clear. "Have a good hand at working with the cardinal elements as well as wood, actually."

Aria
So... you could go all around and soak someone, then freeze them with wind, just to crispy fry them for warmth? and even a free burial business.

Joseph Taylor
He paused at the question, smirking a touch."Not...so much the freezing part, but for the most part, yes."

Aria
awww *she grins, nodding and moving over to him* ok. SO what now?

Joseph Taylor
"Do you need something to target for what you can do, or can you make the spark yourself?"

Aria
Need something to be there *she nodded, as she fished in her pockets for a lighter, did she bring it.. oh yup! there it is!*

Joseph Taylor
Joseph nodded, stepping back out of the alcove to get an armful of sticks. With a little bit of finagling he set up two little stacks, one for her and one for him, then stepped back again. "Ladies first."

Aria
Well... its not too grand unless I call on the Fire Spirits to come with us... but I don't think its a good idea with so much dry wood around *she did move to the pile, to coax the fire from the lighter to light up her pile, and raise*

Management:
0 | 12/23/2017 3:52 am Aria has rolled an present 3 persuation 2 + MF 2 +1 roll (8 dice), getting 2, 8, 8, 4, 9, 8, 3, 5, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Aria has 4 successes.

Joseph Taylor
"True enough..." Joseph nodded, moving to the side to let her do her thing. His eyebrows did go up a bit as the flames rose as quickly as they did, looking over to her with a smirk. "I'd call that decently impressive."

Aria
*She smiled as the flame answered so swiftly, thanking the spirits feeding them softly, and then blushing, looking to Joseph* thanks *then to her fire, and moved back to him* I think it likes the quiet here

Management:
0 | 12/23/2017 4:01 am Joseph Taylor has rolled an Nightmare 1 roll (1 dice), getting 8, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Joseph Taylor has 1 success.
Management:
0 | 12/23/2017 4:02 am Joseph Taylor has rolled an Eldrich Prime (Wyrd 3 + Primal 4 + Nature 3 - Nightmare 1) roll (9 dice), getting 2, 10, 7, 9, 8, 5, 6, 7, 3, 8, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Joseph Taylor has 4 successes.

Joseph Taylor
"Could see that." He smiled, pulling the old brass lighter he'd brought with him from his pocket. With a quick motion the flame was called in the mundane manner allowed by the lighter, lifting it up so he was looking both at the flame and through it to the pile beyond.

The power from the cantrip flowed forth far stronger than he was expecting, forming a pillar of flame that surrounded the entirety of his pile and threatened to engulf hers as well, the white-hot flames licking the ceiling of the alcove and leaving black marks in their wake. He took a precautionary step back and moved for her to do the same, the surprise on his face evident. "Well hell..."

Aria
*ooh!* cooool! *and well of course moved as he 'moved her'* how do you DO that! *mean his was more dramatic!*

Joseph Taylor
He closed the lid back onto the lighter and slid it back into his pocket for the moment, keeping an eye on the inferno as it started to slowly calm down. "I called to it, and it came. Damn stronger than I was expecting, though...here's hoping I can pull that off again when it counts."

Aria
Yep... I hear that call... who would think Fire would like calmer places more....

Joseph Taylor
"May have fed off of yours a bit, maybe..." He shook his head, smirking a touch as he looked over to her. "Couldn't say for sure, though."

Aria
*she grins* well.. the Spirits DID seem happy to dance around it... and.. I am not sure where yours come from... but My Spirits seem to be just happy to dance with it *she nodded, looking at the flames dancing happily around each other*

Joseph Taylor
"Good to know." He nodded, glancing back towards the two fires as his own settled into a more subdued conflagration. "Imagine that must be interesting to see...the spirits, I mean."

Aria
It's... amazing, most of the time *she smiles, looking to him* like part of nature dancing around Life... in the city it can be.... nasty... and just sometimes confusing

Joseph Taylor
"I can imagine. I've heard the city's not the friendliest place on the spirit side of things." He gave a little nod. "Always felt a little too...closed in when we went into town when I was younger. Still feel that way sometimes now, I'll admit."

Aria
Yea... there is to much....I don't know.. its weird and nasty at some places... Spirits clinging to humans and making them act nasty....*she shakes her head*

Joseph Taylor
"Nasty business, that. At least if you catch it early enough you can usually get rid of the spirit before too much happens to the host." He frowned quietly at the thought. "Had to deal with a few formori in the past; never a pleasant thing."

Aria
*she nods* we ran across some the other day too, it was not nice

Joseph Taylor
"I'd bet...glad you two made it out alright, though."

Aria
*nods* Sy is a good fighter, *she smiles a notch* but yea, going to the city, you gotta watch out, just that *she looked back to their now 'balanced' fires* Maybe I could coaze a Rampant Fire Sprit to come along, let him lose in the Hive, just ask him to stay clear of our people *she frowns, THAT could prove tricky* or just tag it along

Joseph Taylor
"Usually keep an eye out for anything untoward while I'm there."

"It's a thought, although I can't say how well you'd be able to make them focus on just the Spirals." He nodded quietly. "I'll be calling on the fire myself as part of holding the line at one of the entrances, which should hopefully help."

Aria
*she nods* well maybe I'll just coax one to come along with a lighter, help me start little fires to attack with, instead of letting it loose *she nodded* some True Borns are resistant, but not everyone.