The Caul Between us [Gemini: Other Shoe drop Mood post]

fairfolk

The Caul Between us [Gemini: Other Shoe drop Mood post]

Post by fairfolk » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:10 am

Persephone
Striking Looks 4| Predators innocence |Feral Mien
She wasn't sure how long it had been, what she DID know was that they where no longer able to access the normal realm and that the chantry was pretty much in ruins. The fridge was still intact but that was probably because she believed Rachael bought a tank for a fridge. What this meant was there was food and water, not that she couldn't grow it and not that she had not created a garden already.

However, such things where nice finds.

After a bit of looking she made a face and handed the baby over to Micah giving him and Channa strict instructions to keep them save, she gave them a idea of what she was about to do and that she would be back quickly if it worked.

She went and found in the verbena room a bunny, she sat picked it up under a arm and headed to the front door. There, she looked it over, she felt the barrier but it just needed someone to activate it...she wasnt strong enough to do so for the others but maybe she could ?

"shhhh" She said to the bunny that wiggled its nose and tail. With a quick movement and a bit of chanting she drew a blade and cut it across the bunnys throat. She knelt and turned it upside down, putting her under the blood and with five fingers from temples to chin.

She then took the rabbits remains and used it to bloody the door itself.

She looked it over, and reached out and PUSHED with all she could. And her hand went through. She slowly stepped into the normal world. The bunny was left behind. As she did kelvin felt her presence and a mental As if another realm could keep me from you. I am calling for help

She lifted a hand that held the coin of the sun spirits, calling ..asking for someone to visit. As she did she said to Aubrey who had followed her "Wait a few moments...then we will know what to do little one. "
:
Persephone Cross over : Spirit 3 + Arete 3 + Foci 2 + gnosis 3 11 3 10 9 8 9 4 10 10 10 2 8 6 6 9 4 Exceptional Success! (9) 01/13/18 07:05:14 AM
fairfolk Persephone Cross over : Spirit 3 + Arete 3 + Foci 2 + gnosis 3 11 10 3 10 7 4 3 6 4 5 8 9 5 3 Success! (4)

QuicksilverFox85

Re: The Caul Between us [Gemini: Other Shoe drop Mood post]

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:39 am

Kelvin
Presence 2 | Gnosis 3 | Shared Avatar 5 | Deathwalker | Status | Active Magic
As the connection reformed between the two avatars Persephone could feel the pregnant pause on Kelvin's end of the 'line' before a wave of relief washed over her. Thank God...

He actually needed a moment to collect himself, which was telling concidering his normal level of composure. Alright...we've got Abbadon locked down and we're taking him to a safehouse in town for questioning. There was an edge to that last word, infused with an icy chill all its own. I can get you the address if you have a way to write it down.

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:55 am

Persephone
Striking Looks 4| Predators innocence |Feral Mien
Ill remember the adddress She thought back But I am not sure I am coming, Hannah and Luke..along with Micah and Channa are trapped in the pocket realm. I do have Audrey who can go between us but ...Im not sure. I am asking Malkabal to come. I am going to ask him to go to Orion and inform him of what happen, or Ill send Audrey.I havent decided yet...just needed to get out to let you know what happened

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:18 am

Kelvin
Presence 2 | Gnosis 3 | Shared Avatar 5 | Deathwalker | Status | Active Magic
A little glint of light shone off the coin as it was held up, so it did seem to have been noticed...

Alright...we're working on getting a hold of Orion as well, since he'll need to rummage through Abbadon's head for information.

He paused briefly, and when he 'spoke' again the voice was quiet. I thought I'd lost you for a minute there.

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Persephone
You did lose me there for a minute She said honestly, she had been hurt pretty bad and had Micah not gotten that off her shed be dead. IT was that simple. It also told Kelvin a lot about the situation especially when she added Maybe it wouldnt be a good idea for me to come...Hope had gotten hurt pretty bad and separated from me. If she hadnt cried we'd of lost her. Luke is okay, beyond me curling around him in the collapse...coughed a little due to the debrie in the air but that was easy to fix. Yeah, Ill kill the fucker if I show up. I probably wont, I still havent decided... She smiled seeing the glint and waited a little as she lowered her hand, and then herself to sit. Almost everyone is dead...

Kelvin
I came damn close, but seeing Jesse knock him out and hogtie him was satisfying enough for the moment. Can dismantle him properly once we get the information we need out of him. There was a dark edge to the 'words' as he spoke, something rather unlike the man in normal circumstances.

Glad that you and the kids are okay, though. I know that they got Rachel and Marie Anne, and a lot of the people topside ended up dead. He sighed quietly. They'll pay for it, simple as that.

Persephone
There was silence for a moment. Then mental laughter Lockdown seems to be Lockdown still

She sighed Yeah i figured Marie anne something was going on, since i am the only one who can pass the gate. Might want to contact Sylvester

Kelvin
Seems that way. He allowed himself a small chuckle at that. You should've seen Theo's face when she did it; it was pretty funny.

Don't think I ever got a number for him, but I'll see what we can do.

Persephone
She thought about it kind of wish I could have seen that. She watched the sky and then blinked Ill try to send Audrey to find him or something. But I'm sure he will find out one way or another

Kelvin
I wager he will, yeah. I'll see what we can do once we get to where we're headed.

As she looked skyward she would see a twinkle of light in the sky that began to make its way down to the firmament, a faint trail following behind it. The light formed into an orb, appearing to watch Persephone for a momment. Salutations, sister. Are you in need of assistance?

Persephone
One moment love She smiled "Hello. Yes...I need a little help. I need someone contacted since I cant leave, my children are in the spirit world and I shouldnt go far from them. Do you think that you can carry the message of help for me?"

Kelvin
A message can be delivered. The spirit drifted closer, looking her over. Who is to receive it and what is the message?

Persephone
"His name is Orion, he is a cabal mate...basically a family member who can help get back the one who can retrieve my children. The message is 'The chantry has fallen, His godchildren and Persephone are trapped on the other side. Get in touch with Kelvin to rescue Rachael and Marie Anne so we can be freed" She offerd the bunny and the cut hand of hers, the gnosis with in "I appreciate your help and pay chimerage gladly for it"

Kelvin
The spirit hovered over to her hand, supping from the offered essence. The message will be delivered. Stay safe, sister.

With that the spirit blipped out of view, leaving her alone with Audrey.

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:15 am

Orion
It was late at night and Orion sat in the hotel room in a robe watching the news with a drink in hand he made from the minibar. The tv was on at low volume so as not to disturb the sleeping fae-touched in his bed. Having been distracted, he wasn't as stressed now as he had been earlier in the evening, but he was still having trouble sleeping while the paranoia rolled around in his head.

StorytellerFox
As Orion sat a faint hum wove itself into the sound coming from the TV, although the source of the noise wasn't immediately apparent. It was followed shortly thereafter by the screen brightening enough to be noticed, albeit not enough to cause the sleeping sidhe any issues.

Orion
Glass stopped at lips before tipped to consume the golden liquid inside when the hum started. With the enemy being one who used technology, you never knew what to expect. With his paranoia on edge, even the humming of the tv was suspicious, let alone the glowing.

Soundlessly he took a patient movement to set his glass on the table beside him. Hand then sliding a little to the left to grab his gun. Fingers bared touched their tips to the grip before he decided better of it and went to the knife beside it instead.

StorytellerFox
After a long moment the hum intensified just before the light from the TV dimmed and an orb about the size of a baseball emerged from the screen. Orion would almost get the impression that it was looking around, a faint glow of sunlight emitting from the orb, before its attention turned towards the mage.

A sound came from the orb, the tone inquisitive but not what one would easily discern as words. It seemed...friendly, at least?

Orion
For a moment, Orion just watched the orb when it looked around. Not entirely sure what to think of it. Was it a Technocratic ball of energy of something? Maybe It was too intelligent to be a bomb, and plus it would probably have gone off already anyways.

When it finally made its inquisitive tone, there was a moment of hesitation, but Orion channeled some Quintessence to split his mind and try to open a telepathic link to...whatever the hell that was. Only giving it access to that small portion of his mind for basic communication and keeping the rest shielded off. A small impression of curiosity of his own coming across the line if it worked.

Management:
0 | 01/14/2018 9:42 pm Orion has rolled an Mind 3: Split Mind & Telepathy - Arete3+Sphere0+Quintessence1 roll (4 dice), getting 6, 6, 4, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Orion has failed the roll.

StorytellerFox
Sadly the spell didn't take, but it also appeared to have not been necessary when the orb seemed to realize that it hadn't been understood. It 'spoke' again, the words coming through in a childlike voice. Are you the one called Orion?

Orion
At first, his thought was to deny it. So used to his name getting around enough for even his enemies to know it. Here, though, that particular name was only used around the Chantry. Grip still on his knife, he stayed resting in his lap and he nodded in response. His voice a whisper in response, "Yes. Who are you?"

StorytellerFox
The orb perked up a bit, drifting closer to him. I am Spark, messenger of the Crowned One Malakbal, and I have word from your sister-friend Gemini.

Orion
Malakbal...he knew that name...why did he know that name? It was familiar, but not a name he felt he should worry about. If this was a spirit, Gemini knowing him would make se-

Eyes widened a bit in recognition when it finally clicked. No wonder it hadn't clicked right away. It was a name he hadn't heard in a long, long time. Enough of a friendly to loosen his grip on the knife, even if a bit worrisome as to how the creature found him.

Looking over to Sam to make sure she was still sleeping, Orion looked back to the little spirit and nodded towards the bathroom where Orion proceeded to stand and walk to. Closing the door once the spirit was inside. Voice still a whisper even with the door closed. "What's the message?"

StorytellerFox
The orb followed after him, again seeming to take in its surroundings before looking back to Orion as he moved to close the door. She said that the chantry has fallen and your godchildren and Persephone are trapped on the other side. Get in touch with Kelvin to rescue Rachael and Marie Anne so we can be freed.

Orion
Hand still on the doorknob after he let it quietly latch, he froze.

They had already struck.

Why wasn't he there?

Why was he here?

One look to the door as if he could see through it to the woman beyond answered that last question. A pang of guilt rang through him wondering if his selfish need to keep her and work on his banality for her cost his friends and allies.

No, it was because of him taking her to the event that they weren't at home right now, possibly being ambushed themselves. It meant he was still an unknown variable to the technocrats, and that was a good place to be.

Finally his white-knuckled grip on both his knife and the doorknob relaxed with conscious effort. Turning to the little spirit he asked, "Was there anything else? How long ago did this happen?"

StorytellerFox
That was all that she told me to say. We spoke a quarter of an hour ago; I do not know when the attack happened, but I saw many dead mortals and broken machines when I answered her call.

Orion
Shit...

The mortals could be either side. Both probably. The dead machines was a good sign that they didn't go down without a fight. He was going to have to stay in the dark for a while.

"Thanks."

StorytellerFox
I serve as bidden. With that the spirit dipped a bit lower in the air, almost like it was giving a bow, then poofed out of sight with a brief flaring of the bathroom lights accompanying its departure.

Orion
There might have been a moment or two to let things settle before leaving the bathroom, but work mode kicked in and things needed to be done.

Looking around the room, Orion brought up the knife and made a small jab in the air to puncture the illusion of distance between him and Kelvin and create a mental link between them.

Management:
0 | 01/14/2018 11:02 pm Orion has rolled an Mind/Space 3: Sympathetic Telepathy - Arete3+Sphere0+Tool1+Time3 roll (7 dice), getting 6, 3, 4, 1, 7, 6, 6, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Orion has failed the roll.

Orion
In his haste, the magic failed him. He would give magic one more try before resorting to the mundane. So, placing the knife on the counter, Orion turned to the mirror and took a breath. Staring into and beyond the mirror. Searching for his friend wherever he may be. This go around taking the time to make sure and do it right.

Management:
0 | 01/14/2018 11:18 pm Orion has rolled an (Brief Rite)Mind/Space 3: Sympathetic Telepathy - Arete3+Sphere0+Tool1+Time3+Will3 roll (10 dice), getting 3, 7, 5, 6, 4, 6, 1, 3, 10, 2, 2, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Orion has 1 success.
Management:
0 | 01/14/2018 11:19 pm Orion has rolled an (Brief Rite)Mind/Space 3: Sympathetic Telepathy - Arete3+Sphere0+Tool1+Time3+Will3 roll (10 dice), getting 7, 8, 7, 1, 2, 4, 8, 7, 3, 10, 9, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Orion has 4 successes.

Orion
Kelvin

In a reflective surface somewhere nearby the Iceman, Kelvin alone could see Orion in his closed bathrobe in what looked like a hotel bathroom. Knife unsheathed and on the counter, but he didn't look any worse for wear himself.

StorytellerFox
Kelvin looked towards the mirror in question as the word echoed in his mind, standing in the bathroom of the safehouse to clean himself up a bit; he looked a little worn around the edges but alright otherwise, the burns from the fighting having been tended to already.

Hey. You hanging in there?

Orion
Quietly Orion spoke as if he was just on the other side of the looking glass.

Got a tip from someone with no timetable. Went dark and stayed in a hotel in case they were already at my place.

A look over the other man. At least he didn't look too maimed.

Just got Gem's message. What's the status?

StorytellerFox
Got to a safehouse in town with Abbadon in tow. We're not sure where Dawn Dragon is, so we need you here to give him a proper once over. There was an edge to the 'words' that was unusual for the former Moros, but then again Orion knew how Kelvin tended to feel about those that had caused Persephone harm. Far as I know there are eight people still in the pocket realm tied to the chantry; I know Kat can get herself out but we'll need to get Marie back to reopen it properly.

Orion
There was a pause and a look that bordered on confused when Kelvin mentioned Abbadon's name. Not knowing that particular bastard had resurfaced, let alone that he was a Technocrat. Of course, any reason to give that face hell was a good reason to him. Even if the bastard didn't know what another he had done in the past.

Are we on a time table?

StorytellerFox
They've got Rachel as well, so I'd say we're on a pretty damn short one. Less time they're in their hands the better.

Orion
There was a nod. Rachael might not be afraid to die, but they might sure try.

I'll be there soon.

StorytellerFox
Kelvin gave a nod, passing along the address to the house along the link. Stay safe; not sure what other eyes they may have out there at the moment.

Orion
Always.

With that, the visage in the mirror faded and returned to only showing Kelvin's own reflection.