The Power To Make A Difference (Attn. Aria, ST)

Post Reply
Jakondite
Posts: 641
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:08 am

The Power To Make A Difference (Attn. Aria, ST)

Post by Jakondite » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:20 am

Sylvester
Arete 3 | Avatar 3 | Pure Breed 3 (Get of Fenris) | Appearance 4 | Spirit Sight | Gift of Tongues | Active Magic
He wasn't there.

Imagine, for a moment, that you had power. The power to bend the laws of physics like a straw, to warp reality - to see all possible futures and pasts with a whim. The power to change the course of history. The power to rip apart semi trucks with your bare hands, to transform into any being you wanted. The power to recover life damaging wounds - to speak to someone across the world with but a thought. Imagine, for a moment, that you were a god.

It feels nice, doesn't it?

Now imagine that you have that power, but it doesn't matter, because all that power means nothing if you aren't there to use it.

It's a strange, irrational powerlessness that Sylvester found himself feeling, as he made his way to what appeared to be the reckage of the Chantry. What had happened here? The place was absolutely destroyed, and folks were calling it a fire but then... Sylvester knew better. Sylvester heard the echoes - the stories of the history that had happened in this place before.

The spirits told him in their screams, their wails, their suffering. They reinacted scenarios of bloodshed, of wreckage, of bullets and blades and machine-god-men and spiders-who-wore-faces. Of bombs and elite moving in single file, one by one - robotic beings who were not robots, and robots who were more human than man. He'd just left one battlefield, and found the ruins of an entirely new one - one where he hadn't been there to fight and defend those who were being attacked.

Would his addition have mattered? Did it matter on either side? While he was out riding centipedes, the people here were busy fighting their lives in their own way. Had Dragana survived? Had Rachael, or Micah and Channa? The spirits seemed unsure on all accounts in this regard, having not measured the space away from here or simply seeing too many bodies to reliably point out the specifics of one individual.

As he stepped towards the reckage, looking over it, his eyes gazed quietly across the shadow, across the gauntlet and through to a would that was tethered to this location. The seals that let people in and out, broken apart and shattered trapping them inside, on the other side. The weave of patterns and resonance and the spirits of hunger, fear, and worry wandering the borders.

The spirits might not have many more answers here - but he could do what he could for the people still there. He made a phone call to Aria, and simply said, "Change of plans, I need you over here with me. This is the address, get here as soon as possible."

Once he'd done that, he'd find a safe, unmonitored location to cross over and collect information.

He wasn't there. But he was here now.

Elsa
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:55 am

Re: The Power To Make A Difference (Attn. Aria, ST)

Post by Elsa » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:32 am



*she'll hear the tone in her brother's voice, even if he dind't mean to, she knew him, he was her other half after all, she dind't dely either, she just say* on it *hung and moved, weaving through to get there as fast as she could, and not knowing the place really, she would hail a cab once she made it out of the Caern and close enough to the city, and ask to be taken close, then make it on foot, as per not to drag that much attention to it.

Moving on, as her eyes settled on.... it, she stopped, and then just looked for her brother! damn... as she did wince, hearing the Spirits' wail of dispair* Sy?!

fairfolk
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:02 pm

Re: The Power To Make A Difference (Attn. Aria, ST)

Post by fairfolk » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 am

As he looked over the ruins he saw that there where wards, now, that had been placed to prevent entrance, or at the very least make someone have to work at it to get past.

Seeing inside was made even harder by the rather large plant life that the Verbena named Persephone had constructed to seal the entrance. That thing looked like a menace! It had thorns the size of iron nails, and parts seemed to be little more then venus fly traps with velasaraptor sized teeth and was definitely big enough to eat a man. Or woman.

A spirit that looked like a vine lion, like maybe it had been part of the plant that was guarding the house now...(it wasnt it was a separate being) padded up towards Slyvester and folded its leaf ears back. It spoke in a small almost child voice "Found you! Need help!" she looked over her shoulder and back at him, flower eyes blinked as it said "Some wounded bad, almost faded. Big machines eat them"

Well Audrey had been sent to find him and give him that message. Looks like she managed it.

Jakondite
Posts: 641
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:08 am

Re: The Power To Make A Difference (Attn. Aria, ST)

Post by Jakondite » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:07 am

Sylvester looked over to the creature, and then nodded, "I see." He is very quiet as he looks at the area, and then says to the creature, "I'm waiting for someone. When they get here, I can help them."

And wait he did. When Aria came he smiled to her, and said, "We seem to have work to do, dearest. Come on, we're going to see about getting through this tangled mess and see if we can't salvage the damage here."

Elsa
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:55 am

Re: The Power To Make A Difference (Attn. Aria, ST)

Post by Elsa » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:44 am

*She did hurried once she spotted Sylvester, slooowering a tad watching the spirit he was talking to, her head tilting, THAT was some rather neat Spirit. And she kept looking intentily around* what happened here? *moving to his side, then up, she nodded, aaaaand pointed to the... vine?* through there? *nodding a greeting to teh spirit with her brother, before moving slowly to get a look at the tangle*

fairfolk
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:02 pm

Re: The Power To Make A Difference (Attn. Aria, ST)

Post by fairfolk » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:16 am

The plant lion paced, its leaves flicking like a cats would and waited. When the girl came it eyed her with floral eyes and then sat in front of the gate way like a guardian.

It huffed "ask her" and looked to another direction then blinked "I go get?" She stood "come. She gaurd door...ask she let gaurd down"

QuicksilverFox85
Posts: 3091
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:30 am
Contact:

Re: The Power To Make A Difference (Attn. Aria, ST)

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:26 pm

Sylvester
He looked to the spirit, tilting his head. "She?" He looked about, and then said, "I can get through this without issue, but who are you speaking of?"


Aria
*She looked to the lion-like spirit, raising her hands* Hi, I'm here to help *motioning to Sy* I'm Aria, his sister, can I look too? *well, she was not about to stomp of the obviously guarding Spirit feet! sides it was always good to be polite with spirits*


STess
The spirit padded a little and inclined its head to the car that pulled into the drive. "She. SHE ..SHEEEEEE..."

Then looked at Aria and tilted its head 'Look, look. She can take down the audrey plant so wont eat!"


Sylvester
He looked over to the car driving into the parkway - his eyes watching as he said, "Audrey plant?"


Aria
*she blinks, looking to Sy, then the car, then Sy, her hand slipping to her jacket pocket, juuuuust in case*


Kelvin
Once the car was parked the driver emerged, revealing a familiar face to the Dreamspeaker at the very least. Kelvin looked over the wreckage of the building with a small frown, pausing as he spotted Sylvester and the unfamiliar young woman with him speaking with Audrey. He gave Sy a nod, then looked over to Persephone. "Got Audrey on guard duty, I see..."


STess
Persephone stepped out of the car "what did you expect? The kids are in there" She said and started to walk towards the two, her eyes took them in and she sighed "We have been trying to figure out how to get a hold of you"

Audrey the spirit bounced "Yep. Plant. Eat you. All, you"


Sylvester
Sylvester looked at the plant and said, "Alright." He looked over to Kelvin, and then to Persephone, and said, "You wouldn't have been able to anyways. I was a bit preoccupied with something similar. What happened here?"

As he spoke, he felt the air around him, hands thrumming against the gauntlet to sense at it's presence and power here.

Management:
0 | 02/25/2018 4:31 am Sylester has rolled an Spirit 1 roll (3 dice), getting 4, 10, 10, with a difficulty of 4 on a 10 sided die. Sylester has 3 successes. This roll did not use the 10-again rule. Ones subtracted from the successes of this roll.


Aria
*As they spoke with her brother she nodded to them, taking her hand out of her pocket, empty. She moved over and looked to Sy then to the lion plant, and then to the vine plant* Thank you *To the lion plant*


Kelvin
"Technocracy attack, very little warning." Kelvin replied as they got into conversation range, giving Sef a quick nod to her own reply. "Few of us are holed up elsewhere, but some of them are stuck in the pocket realm here."


STess
"mmm. Most of us are dead" She said and then looked the area over "we have a few wounded, and my children over there. I can get back and forth but cant take others over"


Sylvester
Sylvester nodded and then said, "Do we know how the gates work?"


Aria
*The girl kept quiet, hearing their news, she frowned though as her eyes scanned the landscape, both for threads and to find this... gates Sy just spoke of, then the plant, before she told Sy* some Spirits can take people across, I could try to find one to do it...


Kelvin
"I know Marie Anne could control who came and went through them, but barring that not much." Kelvin shook his head. "And unfortunately she's not going to be able to help at this point."


STess
"Far as I have seen and done, you use a disciples knowledge or higher to cross through at that gate site. Then you go in"


Sylvester
Sylvester nodded, considering for a moment, "No, I know how to get across the gate. But getting them back is what's required, and in order to have a working solution to that we need to know how the gates -work-. What the effect was that went into building this - otherwise it doesn't matter. For instance - a shallowing won't work. The location isn't here, it's beyond those gates, 'elsewhere', so the strength of the gauntlet here doesn't really seem like it'd apply." He looked to them, and then looked to Aria, and said, "That may be a good idea. They know alternative paths beyond the ones in front of our eyes to get where they need to be. Perhaps we could go in and see if she had a guardian who can do such? If not, we may need to seek outside help on that."


Aria
*She nods* I can try to call one around, *she looked to Sy, then to the other two* it might help if you knew the name of any Spirit the lady spoke with.


Kelvin
Kelvin started to shake his head but paused, looking over to Persephone. "Could see if Mal would be willing, unless you have something else in mind."


STess
"I think he would have offered when I called for him to get the message to Orion" She said looking the gate over "I dunno"


Sylvester
"Alright. Nothing left to do but try everything." He paused and said, "I'm going to weaken the gauntlet for you, Aria. From there, you should push it to go to as weak as possible. Alright?"


Aria
*She nodded to Sy, eyeing the plant like Spirit again* hum... while Sy works... the Plant Friend should go tell her not to eat us *as she got it, Cute Lion said she had ordered it, so she was assuming it whas the woman with the new-comers. Then to Sy* I'll start getting the ritual set while you do that


Kelvin
The chorister nodded at that, looking back towards Sylvester and Aria. "Can try getting a hold of him if this doesn't work, if anything."


STess
She jumped a little "Oh yeah, sorry!" she concentrated and dropped the wards and life orders. "the plant will be fine"


Sylvester
He nodded, and breathed in before starting to pull out some incense and light it - working in tandem with Aria for his own effect, so that hers would compliment his own.

Management:
0 | 02/25/2018 5:52 am Sylvester has rolled an Reduce Gauntlet Strength (Spirit 2 + Quint + WP) roll (3 dice), getting 5, 8, 7, with a difficulty of 3 on a 10 sided die. Sylvester has 3 successes.


Aria
*AS her brother started to do his job, she reached to get a small bag from a pocket, which she opened, letting it bee the grounded mirror shards in it, with it, she simply proceeded to make a circle, the area for the shallowing. As she changed for the Spirits of Luna to come dance among the shards so the reflection into the Umbra shattered like the mirror had, and what was forth and back became mulled in one*

Management:
0 | 02/25/2018 5:57 am Aria has rolled an wits 2 + gautled manipulation 3 + WILL! roll (5 dice), getting 10, 7, 2, 1, 9, 1, with a difficulty of 3 on a 10 sided die. Aria has 3 successes.


Kelvin
Kelvin watched the pair as they worked, making note of how they did the rituals and mulling over how he would work the same effects himself once he started properly studying the sphere himself. Can't take the Mysterium out of the man indeed...


STess
little lights appeared as the shallowing was created.

The gate gave a gentle glow and the inside seemed to shimmer, opening. The plant moved slighlty, then moved back allowing them to enter if they so chose


Sylvester
Sylvester looked over the glow, and said, "ALright. Let's see if the others can get out. Or in. Step through, Aria?" He smiled to her.


Aria
*She did took a second to look at her handywork, then nodded towards Sy, moving through, kind of peering in first to asess problems, but moving through on*


Kelvin
Kelvin's eyebrow arched a touch as Aria went in first, looking over to Persephone. "Shall we?"


STess
Aria stepped inside easy enough, and Persephone followed suit.

The place was a mess inside, as one would expect after a place had been attacked and mortared. They had to step over debrie and fallen stone.

Persephone moved along, moving to the front saying "Ill take you to the survivors, we do have a few wounded and I needed help with them. They where hit by a hitmark and it seemed whatever they where hit with was eating life magic."

She lead them to a room that was still intact a former gathering room, like a living room but not one of the common rooms


Sylvester
He raised an eyebrow at that, and said, "Strange. Thing that might have been primium involved with that?"


Aria
*She let the woman take lead, after all she didn't know the place, but she did keep looking around intently* wow... *looked like one of Sy's worms had crawled around and desided to stomp to nest..., and a look to her brother, hitmark? ooh he was SO going to be peppered with questions later, for now she just followed* How many do you have?


Kelvin
Kelvin let out a low whistle as he saw the wreckage of the building, managing the passage through the rubble better than one might expect. He let Persephone answer the questions, though; the last count he'd had could've changed since then, after all.


STess
Her brows came together "I..I dont know how to identify primium but its very possible"

Inside the room there was a adult male, Micah with two children who slept. A new born and a toddler and two people badly wounded. Seth, and Channa

Channa...well she was someone that Aria would notice. Her breeding, the woman had breeding to match Mishas


Sylvester
He looked over to the wounded, and moved towards them - and said, "The pathway should be open for you guys. Take who you can and go out of it."

He looked over Seth, and then Channa. Looking to his sister, he raised his hands to his lips, as though saying 'shhh'. He smiled.


Aria
*oh yea... she noticed Channa right on! her head tilting, but catching Sy's motion she said nothing, not that she was planning on but still.. that was... ooh, but then Sy was around, so... and she moved on to help with her, because she wasn't so strong as to carry a man, she did smile to the kids, reasuringly she hoped* it will stand by for a good while *the path, she meant*


MultiFox
Kelvin looked relieved when he saw the two children, giving Micah a nod which was returned by the Akashic. The kids were handed over to their father (or both parents, if Persephone wanted to take one herself) before Micah moved to gingerly pick up Channa with Aria's help.

Kelvin glanced at Seth, then looked over to Sylvester. "Can you get him, or would you need a hand?"


STess
She took her little baby, and put him on her shoulder patting his pampered bum. "If..you cant carry him I can. But you will have to carry lucas"

She smiled at Aria "YOU and I are going to have to talk, cause I owe you a massive debt. Granted im sure your brother will collect too for it but thats okay" She said half joking but happy to have gotten a chance to get her littles out.


Sylvester
"I will be fine," He said, reaching down to lift the young man, keeping note of where his wounds were so he could carry him appropriately.


Aria
*She nodded and smiled to Micah as he came help her with the woman. before she blinked a perk to PErsephone, oh! then she smiled gently* I'm just glad we were actually able to help Miss.


MultiFox
106 | 02/25/2018 7:08 am Kelvin nodded, taking Hannah and giving her a small smile as he adjusted her in his arms. Once everyone was ready to roll he took point on heading back out of the rubble, keeping an eye out for anything untowards that might still be lingering around.

"Yeah..." Micah nodded to Persephone's comment, looking over to Sylvester and Aria. "We definitely owe you big for this one."


STess
"Im glad you could help too! and its Persephone" She headed out of the room, to lead them out once they where ready. They did pass bodies, techies, a mechanical robot man.

The wounds on Seth where around his neck, hsoulder and chest. Then bullets, the massive wound was burnt like a energy blast. But the bullet wounds where open, but not bleeding


Sylvester
Sylvester considered that, and then said, "Perhaps one day we will take you up on the offer of recompensation - but truth be told, I do not truly feel a debt owed. The passage was crafted from the Loa's work - and the passageways were opened by the spirit ways. Show reverence to them and nature, and that should be payment enough."


Aria
*She walked on along, blinking at the bodies.. but more than anything, kind of givine the mechanical thing a small stare, oh ew... Weaver. And a look up* Sy is right. Besides you are his friends, and friends help each other.


MultiFox
Kelvin gave a nod at Sylvester's words. "Think I can manage that." He then looked to Aria, adjusting Hannah in his arms a bit as she started to squirm. "Kelvin, on that note. Good to meet you."

"Micah." The Akashic gave Aria a quick up-nod, what with his hands being full and all.


STess
"I will try harder" She said, and once they could she stepped out of the gate and took the baby to the car to put him in it. "should we wait to try to get that fixed or take him back to the others?" She looked over her shoulder as she asked


Sylvester
"We'll worry about healing others later. For now, we need to make sure everyone is out." He smiled and looked to her, "Healing can require quintessence, quintessence that without the chantry as was, we may very well need."


Aria
*She smiled to Kelvin as he did say his name too, and did add* Aria *to both of them* and a pleasure, even if the circumstances are not that happy. *she did moved her hold on Channa a bit, and nodded* fall back first sounds like a good idea. I can try and heal physically as much as I can, so you can save energy *she WAS about to say Gnosis, sooooo energy was better, yup, better*


MultiFox
"Sounds like a plan." Kelvin nodded, looking towards the car as they headed out of the portal and mulling over the best way to fit everyone in the SUV.


STess
"this is everyone. Ive gone over that building since hte fighting stopped. WE have a LOT of dead. And this..is all thats left" she said "Come on, get in. Ill take you to the others and we can see if we can help these guys"


Sylvester
He nodded, and then said, "Alright." Moving to follow to where he was directed.


Aria
*she also followed, frowning at the whole.. only ones left, damn, but she did say* Do you want me to undo the Shallowing? or it won't matter it stays there for the time it would last... mean it'll wear off eventually


MultiFox
"May not be a bad idea; little leery about leaving it open with no one here." Kelvin looked to Persephone and Sylvester at that, as the more experienced spirit-workers.

Micah, for his part, slid into the back seat of the SUV with Channa in hand, gingerly getting her settled in without jostling her injuries more than necessary.


STess
"I agree, close it" She got into the car once the little ones where settled, and waited,


Sylvester
Sylvester considered a moment, and said, "Safer for the humans if it's closed." He said calmly. "Don't need someone accidentaly walking into a place they can't get out of."


Aria
*She nods, just helping Micah with settling Channa to just go back and.... after a thankyou for the Spirits who helped her open the Path, she scatered the mirror shards, so the Shallow would become no more, and came back* There


MultiFox
Kelvin got into the passenger's seat once the children were strapped in, waiting for everyone else to get in before revving the engine. "Let's get rolling..."


STess
Once all was said and done, they headed back to the safe house where the other mages where. Persephone did pick the phone up and call letting them know that they were on their way back and that they had another with them


Sylvester
As they move, he looks over to Aria, and said, "Thanks for coming, by the way. Probably would have been more difficult without you about."


Aria
*She smiled to Sy* you don't even have to mention Sy *mean, she would go anywere he asked! he was her brother!*


MultiFox
Both Kelvin and Micah remained quiet for the most part on the way back to the safehouse, with the former focusing on the drive and the latter keeping an eye on Channa. Having noticed the high breeding that Channa boasted, the tenderness that Micah showed her may add to Aria's surprise that he had no such markers of Garou heritage himself.


STess
She parked in a drive of what looked like a small house. "Okay, well. Maybe they can help" she watched the house for a moment and looked over "Okay lets go in"


Sylvester
"Eh, kinda had to. WEll, you get to meet the folks I'm usually with these days, so there is that." He looked over to Persephone as she parked, and nodded.


Aria
*well yea.. she did blink at Micah going with Channa... but then again.... hum.... an a look up to Sy* which was about time! *she poked him, looking out, then to the woman, she nodded and moved with them to follow*


MultiFox
Once the car was parked Micah carefully got out with Channa in his arms, carrying the Kinfolk without any issue. He gave the house a quick once-over before following Persephone in, looking around curiously as he went.


STess
And inside they went.

Coming into a living room was a tall woman, she had cinnamon colored hair that was pulled back and ageless eyes in a young face. Beautiful and had a bit of Get breeding to her as well. On long legs she came closer "You have Seth?" She asked a bit anxious sounding

Persephone looked over "Im..going to take the baby to the room and settle them and ill be right back"


Sylvester
He came in carrying him, and looked over at Rachael. "Poss...ibly? Which one is Seth again?"


Aria
*She did follow, as everyone got someone, she did not carry anyone, just moved in and stopped, a look to the Get woman... alright Sy is SO going to have to explain a gazilion things! as she eyed her brother, then the lady, then the others... hum.... she felt oddly.... quiet*


MultiFox
Kelvin tilted his head towards where Persephone had headed off, carrying Hannah along the way; he wanted to see how Lucas was doing after the encounter with the phoenix, after all...

"We've got him." Micah gave Rachel a nod as she came into the living room, adjusting his hold on Channa. "Where's the best place to put these two for the moment?"


STess
She moved to Sly "That, would be Seth" She said motioning for him to be put down. She gave Aria a once over and offered a very small smile before saying "kitchen table, actually.." And turned towards the kitchen


Sylvester
He blinked and said, "Ah. Convenient then." He smirked a bit, adn then moved to put him down. "So - attack from techies?"


Aria
*she... did not flitch at the look but rather nodded to the woman* good evening Ma'am *well... what would she call her?! and followed Sy* if you have first aids I can probably patch him up good enough... or... better enough


Micah Beaumont
Micah nodded, heading over to the table and gently setting Channa down beside Seth. Once she was in place he grabbed one of the seats at the table and plopped down into it, looking over to Rachel. "Anyone else from the Council make it? I know Marie Ann sounded rough last time we heard from her."


STess
She was pulling out a doctors kit from a cabinate and looked over, a bit of a smile really crossing her face "If you have medical knowledge you assist me" She set the bag on the table near the first one and looked them both over to see who was worse. She admitted something then that she had not voiced in a very long time "I actually went through medical school and have a PHD. Granted, I became a Pathologist but...."

To Micahs question she looked up "MArie Anne and Dawn Dragon are dead" And started pulling out surgical gear "Anyone got Life to help?"


Sylvester
He raised a brow, and said, "What was your PhD in?"

Moving over to the people, he said, "I have a bit of a connection with nature spirits, so I can probably help with the healing."


Aria
*She nodded to The woman, looking to Sy then just close* I just know how to patch up, been doing it for a while... so I'll help in what you need me to


Micah Beaumont
The Akashic looked like he had been smacked at Rachel's response, staring at her for a long moment. "You're shitting me..." was whispered quietly, almost like he hadn't realized he had done so, then shook his head as though to clear it before standing again. "I do."


STess
"Getting a MD doesnt mean you study one thing right off, its after you get your doctorate you that you chose a path to study. When I found that I had a shit bedside manner and prefered the dead, I went through Pathology. ultimately...what that means is that I am a doctor but I specialized in the dead. Which if you think about it, makes sense considering what I am" She offered Aria a set of needles and surgical thread "And in case your wondering, Sylvester..despite my chosen patients, Ive had to do a lot of field surgery"

such was the life of a one who had been to war, even magical wars

She snorted hearing Micah "Not sure why that suprises you, makes me more efficent" She started to work on seth, seeing that the bullets where not too deep.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest