A Question of Free Will [Log: Kelvin, Mirage]

Jakondite

Re: A Question of Free Will [Log: Kelvin, Mirage]

Post by Jakondite » Thu May 03, 2018 8:00 pm

"Yeah. Though honestly I probably should be the one who tells him about Snow, if anyone does.At least that Snow." Mirage said contemplatively.

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Thu May 03, 2018 8:37 pm

Kelvin began to nod but paused, trying to remember if Omi had ever mentioned the name of the woman he had been with in Vegas. The nod continued after a moment, looking over to Mirage. "Probably not a bad idea. Have a feeling we're going to be a little busy getting everyone out of Dodge to do a whole lot of catching up while on site."

"Take it there's a local version of her here, then?"

Jakondite

Post by Jakondite » Thu May 03, 2018 11:59 pm

"Usually," Mirage said, "They aren't the same person though. They never are, though some are connected through the threads and the shards of the mirrors." He looked to Kelvin, and said, "Like how one grows up from a fireman, to be a policeman, to be a soldier, to be homeless."

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Fri May 04, 2018 1:50 am

"Wouldn't expect them to be. Seen - or at least heard about - different iterations of myself with some of the lines I've had interactions with." The Chorister replied, his thoughts wandering briefly back to Keziah once again before he shook his head to clear them. "Had some that were definitely different than the others, but a few common threads between them stick out thinking on it."

Jakondite

Post by Jakondite » Fri May 04, 2018 2:17 am

"That would be because the timelines you walk are closer to you than others. Another reason that people blind themselves when they look at the Abyss. They want to see the subtle changes. What happened if I did this, differently. If when I walked one path I went left instead of right. They put too much ego - an important factor to being a mage - into the the design of the weave they look into. The answer is always: If it was different but the same, you would be dead."

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Fri May 04, 2018 1:20 pm

"Fair point." Kelvin nodded quietly. "Question of being willing to go farther off the path, as it were, and seeing how different things could really be."

The thought was an intriguing one, he had to admit. Broadening his horizons had become one of his goals since their arrival here, pushing against what he had known before and seeing where things took him now. He could sense a note of approval from the guiding force within him, which he took as a good sign for the moment.

"Think I'd be willing to go deeper into the woods, if the opportunity arose."

Jakondite

Post by Jakondite » Sun May 06, 2018 12:21 am

"Well, if it's a matter of seeing the alternative timelines, then that's easy enough - but if you are going to do it alone, you are certainly going to need to understand how time functions through your paradigm. What do you think is possible with time?" He asked, tilting his head at Kelvin.

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:12 pm

"Can think of a few things off-hand. Allow you to find moments both before and after when you are now and get what guidance from them that you can, for one thing. I've also seen it stretch a moment into a lifetime and condense it down just as quickly." Kelvin smiled a touch at that, the memory of that month-long training session with Orion still a fond one, even with the stolen kiss at the end.

"Mainly a thing of knowing that how time passes for me differs from how it passes for you, and both of those timeframes are different from how Creation is seen by the One." He looked to Mirage, taking the young man in. "It's something I've flirted with studying properly for...years, honestly, but never got around to it. No time like the present, though."

Jakondite

Post by Jakondite » Wed May 09, 2018 7:26 am

Mirage considered that, and then said, "If you understand how time works in relation to the universe and how you perceive it, then you are on the first steps to understanding that magic." He pulled his hand up, and started to take his cards and put them back, before saying, "You still have much to learn along your own path though, too."

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:41 pm

"That I do." Kelvin nodded, leaning against the counter again as he looked the young Hermetic over. "Lot of time to cover, both figuratively and literally."

He paused a moment as something came to mind, smirking a touch. "Did you get a chance to pick up the armor from the forge before the chantry went up, by the way?"