Plans of Action And What Comes After [Log: Joseph, Nick]

More of an outpost to the Emerald Heart than a sept in its own right, the caern known as the Emerald City Waystation acts as the major moonbridge hub for the city as well as the normal stomping grounds for the city's more urban wolves.
QuicksilverFox85

Plans of Action And What Comes After [Log: Joseph, Nick]

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:19 am

Date: TBD, pre Hive Assault

Joseph Taylor
The Waypoint was abuzz with activity as the preparations for the northern assault continued onwards, with both Kinfolk and Garou doing their part. One such Kinfolk made his way into the sept from one of the side entrances, a bag in hand with a few tools that he needed for the workshop up at the Heart to continue his own contributions to the effort.

The sheer force of presence that he embodied caught the eye, even when dressed casually in jeans, t-shirt and a leather jacket as he was; the faint jingling of the dog tags under his shirt could be heard by those with a keen ear. He was polite to those he passed, giving a nod or a smile as he went.

Nick Walker
Nick had just come back from the Sept of the Heart on a very important mission!...or at least that's what he would've preferred. It seemed the Commander still had his sense of humor about him with his menial tasks. Oh he did them and to the letter in a timely fashion without grumbling; at least out loud. On his way back to see if anything else needed to be done before he turned in for the day.

Spotting the other Kinfolk, one that was hard to forget given his outspokenness at the meeting they had both attended, he gave him a grin and held his hand up in a wave. Himself dressed similarly, if a bit on the worn side of it. An aura about him accentuating his pleasing demeanor.

Joseph Taylor
Catching the wave Joseph looked over to Nick, taking a moment to place the other man's face before he gave a quick salute in return as they moved to cross paths.

"Evening...don't think I caught your name before." He offered his free hand once he was in range, giving Nick a nod. "Joseph Taylor."

Nick Walker
Nick took the offered hand in his own, giving it a good firm and friendly shake. "Nick Walker. Nice to meet you Joseph. Everything must've gone well with the talk with Mends-the-Rifts-Rhya?"

Joseph Taylor
"Good to meet you as well." The return shake was firm but not overly so. "It went well enough, yeah. Although, apparently all that he had told Gisella was that the hive run was happening; the whole plan she spun up was her doing, not his."

He shook his head quietly. "Had to applaud the effort, but the execution wasn't going to work in the slightest."

Nick Walker
"Heh, yeah you gotta be careful not to step on toes. Sounded like she stepped on the big guy's claws from the immediate response." A bit of a shake of his head at that. That evening definitely an enlightening one for him within the, what'd they call it...nation?

"Can't say some good didn't come of it. Know it got my ass moving to help out where I can." A chuckle at that.

Joseph Taylor
"Exactly. She...seemed to be under the impression that being his mate gave her more clout than it actually did, and I thought his response was appropriate to the situation. You don't want someone undercutting the trust in your word going into a fight, especially one like this."

"True enough." He nodded, smiling a touch. "Think I've been in the workshop up at the Heart more than my own house since that meeting. More than happy to do my part, though."

Nick Walker
"Quick, no bullshit response and move past it to get back to the task at hand. Sounds like a good leadership move to me. Keep everyone in line at least until the dust settles." Probably even then. He was still curious how it'd be seen towards other prospective mates, but that'd be just about the ripple he foresaw. If that.

"Hey, you just need two good beams to hang a hammock anywhere. A house, a workshop, wherever works." Nick nodded, "They've been good to me here. Told 'em to let me know how I could pay 'em back. Figured this was a good way to own up to that promise. Plus I'd like to see most come back in one piece." A tilt of his head this way or that with a smirk, "More or less."

Joseph Taylor
"Mmhmm. Best way to handle it, really."

"Have crashed out in there once or twice, I will admit." He nodded with a small chuckle. "Good...glad to hear it. Guessing you found out about this side of the family somewhat recently?"

His eyebrow did arch a touch at the head tilt. "Oh?"

Nick Walker
Nick shrugged with a bit of a nod. "What, the werewolf side? Yeah, you could say that. If I knew about that side, think my choice in friends would've ended up on the harrier side." A chuckle at that. "Learning the ropes well enough to keep up."

That got a proper laugh, "Hey, if you don't have buddies close enough you wouldn't miss the chance to poke a bandage or two, I need to introduce you to some people." Though he was fairly certain the guy did know more people than him around here.

Joseph Taylor
Joseph nodded at that. "Born and raised up at the Heart myself; if you need a hand with anything, feel free to let me know."

"Ah..that kind of way...true enough." He chuckled, smiling a touch. "Did that with both my brothers and my squadronmates more than a few times."

"They going to be having you working triage, then?"

Nick Walker
He gave a nod. "Will do."

At the mention of squadronmates, he raised a brow. "Yeah? You army or navy?"

Nick shook his head, "Naa, they wouldn't let me poke them at the tents." Then he smirked, "They have me running them back to the triage tent, so I might sneak a poke in here or there before the medics see."

Joseph Taylor
"Army, four years." And seventy years ago, but that wasn't something you dropped on someone right away, after all...

"Ah...well, good luck. I'll be with Silent Banshee and Landshark-rhya to help hold one of the smaller entrances into the Hive; should be interesting, at any rate."

Nick Walker
"Be good to have a military man up there." he nodded, "Just make sure not to get too hurt. I have to drag your ass back to camp and you'll get poked twice before they ever see you. Alright?" The look he Joseph wasn't joking either. If he had to drag the man back to the tent because he wasn't careful enough, oh he'd regret it.

Joseph Taylor
"No worries of that. Got a daughter to get back home to." Joseph nodded, smiling a touch although his own tone was just as serious. "On that note, I should probably get going. Good talking with you, Nick, and I'll see you out there if not before."

Nick Walker
"And after." he added. Giving the man a half wave, needing to leave himself to check-in.

Joseph Taylor
"Here here." The sidhe gave a quick salute in return before heading for the elevator that led to the moon bridge, making his own way back home.