Moon Glow Fetish

Please submit items to be reviewed here
Jaling

Moon Glow Fetish

Post by Jaling » Thu May 03, 2018 6:47 pm

So I have this idea for an ever glowing paper lamp that was a gift from the spirits that my character later inherits from his parents. While it’s use in the backstory is largely symbolic, I thought it would be neat to turn it into an inherited fetish as well. Most appropriate thing I could find was a talen called Moon Glow(see below). I would like some assistance turning this into a fetish, please! Any ideas on what that would look like on paper?

Bind a lune spirit?
Level 2 fetish?
Moon Glow Talen:
Moon Glow
Gnosis 8
This talen is a single moonbeam caught within a small crystal. Upon embarking on a journey into the Umbra, the wielder may activate this blessing from Luna. As long as it is carried continually, the journey should be a safe one. The crystal shatters once the Garou reaches his destination. This talen keeps away only incidental danger — it has no power to ward off enemies actively seeking the Garou, ambushes, or the repercussions of foolhardy actions such as insulting powerful spirits in their homes.

Only a Lune can empower a moon glow talen.

Jakondite

Re: Moon Glow Fetish

Post by Jakondite » Thu May 03, 2018 7:58 pm

Sure it's not too hard. You said 'ever-glowing', are you wanting a light that cannot be put out, or do you want it to have some kind of additional effect?

Jaling

Post by Jaling » Thu May 03, 2018 8:00 pm

A light that can’t be put out that also has the Moon Glow effect of safe Umbra travel

Jakondite

Post by Jakondite » Thu May 03, 2018 8:12 pm

Well if it was just a light effect, I was going to say to do a sort of "Illumination" charm type thing. Not sure persistent effects like that are the forte of the Fetishes, though. Most of them are 'turn on, turn off' type deals far as I'm aware. *goes to book scrounge*