Songs in a Cell [Attn: Astrid]

The Emerald Citadel is Smith Tower, the oldest skyscraper in Seattle, an opulent neoclassical structure that houses a cafe and observation deck at the top level which doubles as the Duke’s court.
Quaotik

Songs in a Cell [Attn: Astrid]

Post by Quaotik » Tue May 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Appearance 4 |Surreal Beauty|Sex Appeal| Imbalance 3/5|Nightmare 0/10
Fae Mein:
:
Winged| Prehensile Tail
*The Satyr again did not stay in the bed. For some reason he didn't feel safe there. He stayed on a clean part of the floor this time he was a good boy however he ate the food but he ate it slowly daintily like he was loosing his passion. Finally he put the bread down and he couldn't take it anymore shaking the horns of his head he started to tap his foot.. It sounded like a base drum. Thump thump thump..*

*His voice average but the misdirection was almost beautiful. He sounded like a hound though he didn't mean to. It was like a night at the karaoke, though the tune was there the song was different.*

"Oh baby I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law.
Law man has put an end to my questing and I'm so far from my home.
Oh baby I can hear you a crying you're so scared and all alone.
Dreaming's Rulers are coming down from the gallows and I don't have very long."

*As his tail drug along the ground it sounded like a cry with the song to the music. A trick of the sound perhaps but with the echoes in the cell who knew. The wings thumped against the wall the echoes started to sound like a song the tail seemed to scream along the floor like a whine from a electric guitar his hooves hitting the ground in tune.*

"The Path is done the news is out they finally found me.
The renegade who had it made.
Retrieved for the chaining.

Never more to go astray
The rulers will have revenge today
Of the mad man.

Oh, baby, I've been years on the trod and had a high price in my head
Questgiver said, 'Get beast dead or alive.' Now it's for sure he'll see it dead
Hey Baby, I can hear you cryin', you're so scared and all alone
Rulers is comin' down from the gallows and I don't have very long

The Path is done the news is out they finally found me.

Never more to go astray
Of the mad man."

*The instrumental part happened at this point. His voice mimicked the lie of the Viel of chincanery sounding very close to the song but it was slightly different a little more Irish to the tune. Eventually after the instrumental the combination hit in the song.*

"Oh baby I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law.
Dreaming's Rulers are coming down from the gallows and I don't have very long.

The Path is done the news is out they finally found me.

Never more to go astray
Of the mad man.

The mad man
And I don't wanna go, oh, no
Oh, Baby, don't let them take me
No, no, no, I can't go."

*He let the spell dissipate closing his eyes His wings curled around him as he picked up the plate. He took a piece of bread and broke it setting it down on the floor with a bit of his drink.*

"Baby I miss you, you were a light before you were gone. If only you could have helped me ground more. Rest well cycle and be just as much of a passionate spunk as you were this life."

*It quieted down in the cell after that. He let the pieces of food rot and solemnly ate his food. Letting his passion take a hold of his heart. He had to dream of the passion it would be the thing that would help him in his path of autumn.*
:
Sylvith Charisma+Performance 6 (No Rerolls) (Ones Botch) 10 1 1 7 7 8 2 sux, Sylvith Chincanery 1 Fae 3+Chincanery 2 -level 3 bunk 5 (No Rerolls) (Ones Botch) 10 10 8 3 5 Success! (3)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skald Astrid Bjornsdottier

As soon as he was done the Aesin stepped out of the shadows, he had not seen or heard her approach. But then again he has been singing . She had in her hands a plate of food and she knelt and put it down, then took the wolves pelt from her shoulders and lay it down outside the cell bars, and then pushed the plate through the little thing.

She looked him over "I don't approve of double punishments so I will be releasing the curse from you as what the Duchess has decreed will do for the lesson I sought to teach to a hard head" She arched a brow at him. He HAD been hard headed in her opinion.

She breathed in and lifted a hand , with a snap she released the Nickname and he felt the curse lift from his shoulders. "She said you tried to give her a apology for me but what I am going to ask, is that you seek understanding. I do not require a apology especially one that holds no weight if you do not understand" She tilted her head watching him.

"I have come to place the Geas on you and would like to talk about the wording prior to casting so that you understand what you will be facing. Unless you prefer that I simply Geas you..."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fae Mein:
:
Winged| Prehensile Tail
*As soon as he heard the plate go down he looked over to the cell expecting one of the commoner supplicants to deliver. His food was old after all he was barely picking at it.*

*When he saw the Sidhe of all things he blinked. Standing up his tail swirling around his waist his wings back and proper as his dark eyes look at the Sidhe. He listened and he bowed deeply to her first thing.*

"Your Grace, Since I got here, understanding is what I've been trying to accomplish. I understand I insulted you, I was mentally still in war time. Expecting everything to attack me. My lack of understanding was your motivation I believe."

"The weight of my apology is heavy. Having cared for the land for a long time, whether or not we can find the answers on that. I know the value of not having a monkey wrench in the work. What I seek is to care for the people. I cannot do that as a sniveling dog, I cannot do that if a not so kind Sidhe comes to try and attack us. My concern is the dream of this place and keeping it from being a nightmare. To do that I need freedom. I would be fully willing to serve this Freehold until I earn my word back."

"You honor me your grace for seeking to understand and releasing the curse. I would be happy to answer any other questions."

*He continued standing. Being as polite as he could under the circumstances he was also trying to express his sincerest wish to learn and how he understood he insulted her.*
:
Sylvith wits+etiqutte 4 (No Rerolls) (Ones Botch) 10 9 4 9, Success! (3) Sylvith Wits+Expression 5 (No Rerolls) (Ones Botch) 7 1 10 4 7 Success! (2)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She held up a finger to stop him "I am not a Duchess" She said, "Your Grace is a oral title for a duke or Duchess" And he knew she was right, his ettiquite said as much. "I am a Countess, your Excellency is the oral title for a Count or Countess"

She breathed in "I let the Nick name go, however this is not a negotation. Im not sure what gave you the impression that it was, but its not. I am here to discuss the wording, not the punishment. The Duchess decreed that since you went ..whats the colloqial term? Ham? Yes...since you went Ham about the Sidhe leaving and why, and added on the implication that you would be a issue you are to be under a Geas that will prevent you from doing harm to the Sidhe.

The fact that you are so concerned with Evil Sidhe is a issue" She tilted her head "I mean some of us, like my house are not 'nice' but ..still"

She breathed in and considered and said "Calarandrithae" She said, his true name pulling him up short as his very soul recognized it "In no word or deed will you harm the Sidhe: You will not seek the down fall of the Noblity of this kingdom, you will not join nor promote a commoner uprising. ..should you hear of one you will inform the nobility.

Should you see evidence that the those nobles are endangered then and only then may you act against this geas.

May this be true until the rain turns to silver or until you befriend a Aesin or until the Duchess says she trust you"

The weight and power of the dreamings geas fell around his shoulders and tugged at his soul as his true name had been invoked AS the duchess had ordered.

Quaotik

Re: Songs in a Cell [Attn: Astrid]

Post by Quaotik » Tue May 15, 2018 2:54 pm

Fae Mein:
:
Winged| Prehensile Tail
"Of course your Excellency, please forgive me, my mind is boggled it may take some time to reorient the terms quickly. Until then I will do my best to appease and learn."

*He listened to her quietly giving a slight bow of his head.*

"Indeed I understand what must be done for the protection of the Freehold and the dreaming here. I am not seeking to negotiate terms your Excellency I am seeking to be the most useful I can be with my current ailments to the Freehold."

"A sidhe not being nice I can deal with respectfully. Sidhe that have it out for me to damage the Freehold is another thing. My concern is what if I fall into one who wants to break up the freehold. That was my concern."

*He took in a breath as she started the Gaes, honestly he really hated this woman having his true name. He did not have the same. He shall have to research into this predicament, it was a pity he lost some of his knowledge.*

*He felt the weight of the Gaes on him closing his eyes it felt like a chain. But there was not ire in his eyes. There was a slight respect he lowers his wings and kneels.*

"As it is willed your excellency, so shall it be done."

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Tue May 15, 2018 7:36 pm

She listened to him and the look on her face said she wondered if he just liked to talk, as he tended to over explain things. But with a shrug of her shoulder she chalked it up to having dreaming sickness.

"The duchess will let you out when she lets you out" She stood and picked up the wolves pelt and wrapped it over her shoulder "May Danu bless you find your way" She said, turning and leaving the dungeon.

/end scene

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Wed May 16, 2018 9:19 am

A few hours later the cell doors where open by a Troll. "Your to seek out Baron Desmond Durstan Ap Ailil, report to him. Other then that your free to go. " The troll gave a calling card fort he saytr to find the Baron.

Quaotik

Post by Quaotik » Wed May 16, 2018 1:17 pm

Fae Mein:
:
Winged| Prehensile Tail
*He geta up off the floor wrapping the food up in a cloth, the bread at least leaving the pieces for the woman he sang for there.*

“Thank you Sir. At your earliest could you please inform Sir Eerie Ap Beaumane that I will be waiting at the bar nearest here for him for the trip to the Baron? It would be greatly appreciated.” *He takes the card hooves clopping on the stone floor as he left.*

(I can make a new thread for them if you prefer and thsnks for the play!)