Out On The Ice [Log: Kelvin, Persephone]

Directly north of Downtown, Lower Queen Anne is a lively urban center which includes the Space Needle, Key Arena, Science Center, etc. Upper Queen Anne is a prime residential neighborhood with historic houses, boutiques, and spectacular views. North Queen Anne, which faces Fremont, is home to Seattle Pacific University.
QuicksilverFox85

Out On The Ice [Log: Kelvin, Persephone]

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Date: 1/4/2018

Kelvin
A date night had been decreed, with Lucas being watched by one of the other chantry members and Kelvin being rather coy about where exactly they were heading. He was dressed casually, though, and had advised Persephone to do the same, driving the pair into town proper in his Jeep.

Persephone
She had asked how to dress, so she now dressed in a pair of black leggings and green sweater, a belt cinched the waist and knee high boots. HEr hair was pulled up in a french braid. She had reached out and taken his hand while quality watching the city as he drove

Kelvin
He gave her hand a squeeze as she took his, letting it linger in her grasp until he needed it to drive. "How are you doing, hon?" Not that he couldn't find through the bond, of course, but sometimes he preferred to ask and hear it from her directly.

Persephone
"I'm doing a lot better" She said and looked over at him with a smile "Im a bit confused magic wise but they are sending a Celtic Shaman to speak to me"

Kelvin
"Good." He smiled, giving her a brief curious look at the second bit before going back to the road, nodding quietly. "Hopefully that'll help."

Persephone
"I am hoping so, not really a Witch but shaman...shaman I might be able to get behind" She chuckled and leaned back comfortable

Kelvin
"I'd say so, yeah." He nodded with a small smirk, guiding the car through the city's traffic with ease. "You know when they're getting into town?"

Persephone
She shook her head "No, apparently they are trying to be mysterious" she chuckled then said "Next week or two, they said in the early part of the new year"

Kelvin
"Ah...going the 'a wizard is never late' angle." He chuckled, still smirking a touch. "Should be interesting."

He went quiet for a bit as they continued onward, eventually pulling the Jeep into a parking spot by the Seattle Center. Once it was settled in place he hopped out of the car and headed over to her side, opening the door all gentlemanly-like.

Persephone
She looked around trying to figure out where he had decided to take her, but shrugged when she didn't figure it right away and took his hand stepping out of the car. "but a wizard is never late!"

Kelvin
"'s what I mean. They arrive when they're supposed to, not when you expect them to." He grinned, helping her from the car before heading into the Center proper, bypassing the Space Needle to one of the larger pavilions farther into the park.

Persephone
She chuckled and leaned into him.
"So where are we going?" she said finally

Kelvin
"Give it a minute..." He wrapped his arm around her shoulders as she leaned in, smiling a touch.

And indeed, as they got closer to the pavilion she would see the ice rink set up inside, a mix of adults and children making their way across the ice with varying degrees of success.

Persephone
She chuckled "Alright" She said and then when she saw the skating ring she blinked and smiled "This?" She said looking up at him then AT him "you skate!?"

Kelvin
He couldn't help but grin, looking down at her as they headed towards the skate rental booth off to the side of the pavilion. "Is it that much of a surprise?"

Persephone
She laughed and then sobered "Yes, your pretty big. Most skaters are very small!

Kelvin
"Figure skaters, maybe. You ever seen a hockey player up close?"

Persephone
She laughed and hugged him "Ive seen YOU up close" She smiled and said softly "And personal" giving him a saucy wink

then said "so you bring the skates or are we renting?"

Kelvin
"True enough." He chuckled, giving her a little wink in response. "Renting; haven't owned a pair myself since I was a kid."

Persephone
She nods "Alright, then lead on dear one. I haven't skated since Enigma decided he DIDNT want to be a figure skater.."

Kelvin
"Been a while for me too, so don't feel too bad." He paused as that particular mental image crossed his mind, smirking a touch as he moved into the line for the rentals.

Persephone
She laughed and pointed at him "Your going to see him in tights for the next two nights aren't you?" She moved along with him to get the skates

Kelvin
"Least for a little while, yeah..." He chuckled, giving the attendant a nod once they reached the front and giving the skate sizes for the two of them.

Persephone
She smiled and snickered. Then once she got her skates she moved with him to sit and put them on, she was lacing up her skates when she looked up at him and eyed him "do we need to tie a pillow to your backside love?"

Kelvin
He gave her a bit of a look at that, smirking a touch as he finished tying his own skates. "No...you?"

Persephone
"why do you think I'm asking if you need one, Imma fall on you a lot" She chuckled and got up, waved her arms around and got steady

Kelvin
"Ah hah.." He chuckled, getting up and pausing a moment to steady himself before walking with her to the rink. "Think we'll be alright."

Persephone
"alright" She chuckled and took one step beyond another. "We got this!"

Kelvin
"Mmhmm." He helped her onto the ice first before getting on himself, staying nearby once they properly got moving. "Here goes nothing..."

Persephone
She wobbled a little "ACK!" She chuckled holding onto him but sliding along

Kelvin
"Careful..." He smiled, keeping her stable as they started making their way around the rink. He handled himself surprisingly well on the ice once they got moving, able to keep his own balance with minimal issues.

Persephone
She laughed and it took a few moments to get moving along, and then her legs went RIGHT out from under her and fell right on her ass!

Kelvin
Kelvin stopped immediately as she fell, wincing sympathetically as he looked her over and offered her a hand. "You alright?"

Persephone
She laughed "Yes, yes I am okay" She got up and scrambled to get balanced

Kelvin
"Good." He nodded, helping her regain her balance before beginning to move around the rink again. "Takes a little getting used to."

Persephone
"Now you see why Enigma decided he didnt want to be a figure skater" She laughed and moved along, letting her skates glide along the ice

Kelvin
"Mmhmm." He chuckled, keeping pace with her and staying on hand in case she took another tumble. "Didn't even think about learning until Michael got it into his head that he wanted to play ice hockey when he was younger. Got the hang of it after a while, though."

Persephone
She chuckled and pushed from him, starting to skate competently now that she remembered it

Kelvin
"There you go..." He smiled, watching as she pushed on ahead. He seemed at ease, a somewhat rare state for him although not as rare as it used to be. "Lookin' good, hon."

Persephone
She put her heels together and turned then put her hands out to him, a smile on her face "Now that I have my ice legs back.."

Kelvin
"Show-off." He chuckled, taking her offered hands and helping to guide her around the pods of children and their parents. "Enjoying yourself?"

Persephone
She wrapped her fingers around his and just glided. she nodded a large smile on ehr face "yeah , you?"

TBC