A Day, Like Any Other (Open)

Located east of Pioneer Square, the Chinatown-International District (also known as the CID) is the center of Seattle's Asian American community. It is home to a long-running night market, the Historic Chinatown Gate, the Kobe Terrace gardens, and a vast variety of shops, restaurants and museums that tap into the culture of the Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese people that call the neighborhood home.
Gatecrash

A Day, Like Any Other (Open)

Post by Gatecrash » Mon May 14, 2018 2:46 pm

Makoto Theroux
WP: 7 | Notable Attributes | Notable Merits | Nothing to See Here
"Make sure you don't forget anything, you won't be coming back!" The quiet scream really did a good job of accenting the rough shove that pushed me towards the door again.

"Just one more day? Please," I pleaded, hands tucked behind me and wrapped up into a ball. Yeah, you guessed it, I wanted to take a swing right then and there, but then how would I keep my job?

"Just until tomorrow, and I'll be gone!" It wasn't my fault that the customer said they could cook better than me, then got angry when I won. Or the time before that, when they'd bet they could eat anything, no matter how hot. Okay, so maybe those were my fault, but I've never been able to help myself on a bet.

"Not this time, Makoto. You said that a week ago and here we are again." Another forceful push at that, and I was through the door. "Good night and good luck."

Of course, it was raining. Why wouldn't it be, when I forgot my jacket? At least, the overhang kept most of the water off, but the bus stop was a mad dash away and I wasn't going to just stand in the rain if I didn't have to.

fairfolk

Re: A Day, Like Any Other (Open)

Post by fairfolk » Mon May 14, 2018 9:56 pm

As she looked towards the bus stop there was a moment that the rain looked like liquid silver as it fell and hit the crystal pavement that had unusual flowers in bloom. A blink and it was back to normal.

Jakondite

Post by Jakondite » Mon May 14, 2018 11:12 pm

Eerie ap Beaumayne
Glamour (Potent) | Appearance 7 (Blindingly Precious) | Surreal Beauty | Title | Chimerical Companion
Eerie wasn't partial to the International District - not usually, but - at least according to him when asked by his retainers, he said that he was craving chinese food. And when the Lord was had a craving for Chinese food, well... usually, unless dealing with a higher ranked Noble, Eerie was used to getting what he wanted.

Eerie stood out - not for the fact that he was a Caucasian in the middle of the international district - plenty of those running around to mix cultures - but for the fact that he was ... beyond reproach. Few things could be said to be as charming as the young man, dressed in a small white shirt and jeans, a backpack on his back and sharp, striking eyes. He's not alone, though - he never was these days.

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:42 pm

Meghan Cavanagh
Appearance 3 | Influence 2
The young man was accompanied by a woman of middling height, dressed neatly in a sort of goth-chic look - black pants and black hooded jacket with a gold bracelet on her left arm, dark hair neatly tossled. As she moved the right sleeve of the jacket shifted to show hints of the tattoo sleeve beneath.

She hadn't been too perturbed by the young sidhe's want for Chinese, truth be told. And, honestly, if one was going to be going out to get Chinese food rather than having it delivered in, where else would you go than the International District? It made sense, really...

"So," she looked over to Eerie with a small smirk, her accent clearly hailing from the best of the five boroughs. "You thinkin' more on the dim sum side of things, or noodle bowl? I'm good with either, personally."

Gatecrash

Post by Gatecrash » Tue May 15, 2018 2:35 pm

Makoto Theroux
WP: 7 | Notable Attributes | Notable Merits | Nothing to See Here
Maybe I should chance the rain after all? I mean, if I'm hallicunating, then maybe it would help wake me up? Then again, maybe next time I shouldn't try and go three days on only one day's worth of sleep, but when you need the money, you don't really get to make all of the choices. Anyways, that sixth sense made its quiet alarm, the one that told me to get going before my now-former boss could come back. I took a step out from underneath the small overhang and regret -and the rain- immediately chilled me through, but it didn't matter; I was committed. It was only a few more steps to the bus stop and...

Well, normally someone walking down the street wouldn't concern, even a child seemingly by himself, but this one? If not for the fact that I needed to avoid walking into a light pole, I'm not sure I would've been able to stop staring. I say that, and the rain did help a bit in its own special way too, reminding me that hypothermia was always a possibility. What? I never said I wasn't above a bit of drama.

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Wed May 16, 2018 8:56 am

[Do me a favor and roll your perception and keening. Everyone]

Jakondite

Post by Jakondite » Wed May 16, 2018 10:58 am

Eerie ap Beaumayne
Glamour (Potent) | Appearance 7 (Blindingly Precious) | Surreal Beauty | Title | Chimerical Companion
"Hm? What? Oh!" Eerie said, almost as though being pulled out of a daze, or a likely daydream. He snaps to attention though, looking about and saying, "You know, I hadn't really gotten that far. Just to 'I want chinese food'. I was thinking those noodle things, maybe some chicken or mushrooms or..."

As he talks, he looks around, as though trying to see or expecting something. Some kids had ADHD, and most simply had short attention spans. His eyes take in the street signs - both English and otherwise - the people, even the woman who was just booted from the establishment that she likely as not formerly employed at. And as he looked, it seemed almost like he was looking for something in particular.

Kenning:
Jakondite Eerie Perception 4 + Kenning 3 (Specialty Applied) 7 (No Rerolls) (Ones Botch) 2 9 3 5 9 5 6 Success! (2) 05/16/18 10:53:18 AM -- Difficulty 6, Actual Successes = 3

Gatecrash

Post by Gatecrash » Wed May 16, 2018 2:29 pm

Perception Only:
05/16/2018 2:24 pm Makoto Theroux has rolled an Perception (No Kenning) roll (2 dice), getting 2, 6, with a difficulty of 6 on a 10 sided die. Makoto Theroux has 1 success. This roll did not use the 10-again rule. Ones subtracted from the successes of this roll.
Perception + Kenning:
05/16/2018 2:26 pm Makoto Theroux has rolled an Per+Kenning roll (4 dice), getting 6, 6, 10, 10, with a difficulty of 6 on a 10 sided die. Makoto Theroux has 4 successes. This roll did not use the 10-again rule. Ones subtracted from the successes of this roll.
Wasn't sure if I'm allowed to roll Kenning as well, so did one of each.

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:08 pm

Meghan Cavanagh
Appearance 3 | Influence 2
"Sounds like a plan to me." Meghan nodded, looking around at the storefronts and whatnot as they continued on down the sidewalk. "Gotta be a place like that around here somewhere..."

Oblivious Much?:
quicksilverfox85 Meghan Cavanagh Per 3 + Kenning 0 3 (No Rerolls) (Ones Botch) 1 2 9 Failure 05/16/18 11:05:44 PM

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Thu May 17, 2018 2:40 am

As she considered and her eyes fell on the bus stop again she noted a small cat sized dragon watching her. With a blink it faded and her eyes turned to the beautiful boy and the girl with him. She saw them clearly for a moment, the boy more beautiful then anything she had ever seen before, enough so that it hurt her heart when she could not see him when the mask fell back over his features and his pointed ears. The girl also was shorter and had pointed ears.

The rain came down a little harder, and she could hear a song in it. The song turned to color and it looked like the clouds where crying a rainbow. Further she could see a citidal of dark blue crystal with a dragon wrapped around it before the world of the fae faded. Leaving her once more in the dull autumn world.

She felt in her heart this world needed more after the small peak.
:
Those of you who post jumped me when I asked for a keening roll, your fired.