Running down a Dream [Att fox/Gatecrash]

Scenes taking place in the Dreaming, whether Near or Deep
QuicksilverFox85

Re: Running down a Dream [Att fox/Gatecrash]

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:57 am

Meghan Cavanagh
Appearance 3 | Influence 2
Meghan took a seat when bidden, giving the boggans a quick nod before taking her own portion of the offered food. She nibbled on a bit of the bread and the cheese, pausing briefly when Makoto left her portion alone.

After a moment she discretely motioned to the food and mouthed "hospitality rite" to the young sidhe, hoping that got the point across...

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:00 am

Skald Astrid Bjornsdottier

The woman who entered the room was as beautiful as the full moon on a cloudless night, and she had a similar glow about her, she was certainly more beautiful then the Duchess too. Her hair was white as snow with what looked like icy currents to it, and was pulled back with warrior braids that exposed incredibly long pointed ears, her eyes blue as the crisp winter sky. Her skin was fair, perfect peaches and cream.

She did have tattoos on her face, but this did not distract from her beauty. She wore skins like a viking, and a fur cloak, two swords at her side. Her wrists had golden gauntlets that had the wings of birds hammered into it. The shirt she wore was purple with a golden owl embroidered upon it.

"YOu do not remember it, because you have been in the Autumn world and the knowledge had faded. You are just waking up from a dream and into your life. We will have to seek to find who you where"

Tamzin Fireflight
app 5|
She had gone silent with a arched brow and just watched Mako to see if she would pick up the hint the commoner had tossed her way.

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:15 pm

Will make pretty later - QSF

Makoto Theroux:
Stupid, stupid child. Of course, I'd already made a mistake and what else was new? With haste, I at last grabbed a piece of the offered food, embarrassed for all assembled to see, and ate as quickly as I dared. A thankful glance went Meghan's way, but it didn't last long before I turned my attention back to the Duchess, searching for even a hint of approval. It also made fishing for another piece of bread an interesting search; I really was more hungry than I'd thought at first. Spider carriages and stranger fictions had a way of doing that.

At the sound of boots, I turned yet again, eyes falling on who I assumed was the Countess mentioned earlier. Again, I found myself staring for maybe a moment too long, although less than before. What? I was hungry.

"Countess Astrid, I presume? A pleasure to meet you," I offered after she finished speaking, rising from my seat in what I hoped would be taken as a courtesy.

Meghan Cavanagh:
Meghan smiled a touch and gave Makoto a small nod as she did her part of the right. She gave the countess a polite nod at her entrance, remaining quiet for the time being.

Stess:
Astrid smiled and pulled a chair back, sitting down with so much grace as far as humans where concerned and a little barbric as far as sidhe where. She reached out and grabbed a large chunk of bread and took a bite, chewed, swallowed and eyed the Duchess "You really could have offered some kind of meat, I get the whole break bread thing but the girl is clearly starving..Your grace" She looked back and winked at Makoto and nodded "One and the same, I am a Sainer. So I will be doing your saining..that means that i will find your true name which will tell us who you are. Unfortunately because of the shell you inhabit you ..still carry enough banality to hide your true being as well as the house you are from and the court you are part of. Very few actually remember who they are, infact ...Ive never met one who knew upon their crystalyst. Except maybe Puss in Boots who I am sure crystalized, brandished her rapier and yelled 'fear me for I am puss in boots'" She smirked a little

The duchess actually smiled "I was wondering if you knew the ritual of hospitality or not, so there is no offense Makoto. I wanted to see if you remembered. " she blinked and looked at the countess "very well" and motioned to the boggans who went scurrying "There are some of us who have the opositie problem, we live in the dreaming so we do not remember to much about who we are in the autumn world. That would be members of my house: The Daanan"

Makoto Theroux:
Saining? Daanan? At least I knew that they were words. That was a start, right? And that mention of the Puss in Boots? I'm sure the surprise was easy to notice, but wasn't that a child's story? I don't think I'd ever heard it told, but I had heard of it.

Either way, I sat back down, though I couldn't help but fidget just a little back towards any remaining bits of food. The distraction passed quick, but not before I chewed on one last piece of bread.

"So how do I get any of my memories back? Or any of that other stuff, at that?" Yeah, I sounded a bit confused, even a lotta bit curious. I suppose I must be rather average, but I could at least figure out what had happened to make all of this.

Stess:
At this point the duchess went quiet

Astrid leaned back "well your saining will align you with your true name. So you will get some sense of who you are back. BUT, through meditation and learning you will recall more'

Makoto Theroux:
I know they didn't know me at all, but I think that some pursed lips may have been enough of a tell as to how much I really understood what was being said. Not to be rude, of course, just I had no idea what she was saying. True name? Didn't that work on demons or something? I mean, I was pretty certain I'm not a demon, not with what had been said just a bit ago, but what did I know?

"What exactly is a saining?" Yeah, that same curious/confused tone was still there. It wasn't about to go anywhere for quite a while at this rate.

Stess:
Astrid breathed in "It is where I will cast my runes and it will show me who you are. It is, the acknowledgement of who you TRULY are which will tell us your name, your court and your noble house, I can tell you by your skin color that you arent Aesin" She chuckled "we are all white as snow! but, there are many others. It will tell us if what your title is"

Makoto Theroux:
Runes? Ah, well that made sense. Well, in the way that it didn't make much sense, although the theme seemed appropriate enough. I shifted a little in my seat, hands still folded where they were, but then again, it wasn't as though that was any big matter. Not compared to whatever my real name was, anyways. If not Makoto, then who?

"I've heard that a couple times now. Houses, courts, nobility. It all seems... well, like out of a storybook." I said all of that before I could really figure out what I wanted, and the surprise showed I'm sure. Way to go, whoever-you-are-that-isn't-Makoto.

Stess:
The boggans brought in herbed fowl and root veggies, placed them in front of everyone and more mead. Astrid picked up a bit of the bird and ripped off the leg and thigh, while again barberic seemed incredibly graceful still. "A long time ago the fae had two sides like two coins. A seelie, summer, and frivolous...good spirited....and the Unseelie: Winter, more pragmatic, typically frugal and not afraid to stab someone in the back if they need it, or play a malishous prank. One court ruled over the light half of the year, the other the dark. At some point the summer king decided NOT to give the crown to the unseelie and it broke the cycle and wheel. I believe that it was what actually started the shattering which allowed banality to grow and thats way to much history to get into right now...but for a time, to be unseelie was" She paused to chew and thought on it, then answered once she had swallowed. "Seen as evil and demonized. Many turned from their unseelie selves and so it was forgotten. So there are Seelie Noble houses who are and those who are Unseelie houses. I am Aesin. My house is a Unseelie house. The Duchess is a Danaan which is a unseelie house. The one I joked about? Puss in Boots? She is a Fiona a Seelie house. The Unseelie houses are darker dreams of the nobility: Like " She motioned to herself "The vikings, where as one like the Fiona would be about love and fearlessnes. Each noble house has a ability and a flaw. For instance....Im not exactly one who believes the commoners have a right to any rule there is NO such thing as a Noble Commoner, it is our job to protect them not their job to protect themselves or us. And, the Aesin also have trouble being social to commoners or humans, we are kind of brutish. But, i can speak to animals. A fiona..for instance would have no fear, none supernatural or otherwise unless their true love is in danger, however they have crap love lives its kind of sad"

She chewed a bit more and added "we can go into that more later, but they are houses that tell all what strand of nobility we come from, kind of our personality and what to expect and yes, we are from a story as stories created and crafted us as the dreamers dreamed us up"

Makoto Theroux:
I guess that was the answer I expected, with a question like that one. From a storybook, because well, you are from a story. Did you read a story about yourself then, not-Makoto? Not that you'd know if you had. All of this, right down to the scraps of info I tried to hold onto from Astrid's speech; it all threatened to pull me under. I'd be fine, I knew, if I could just find something to cling to for just a moment. Desperation growing, I found myself gripping the chair just a bit more than I'd like, but it proved to be enough.

Pull yourself together. You'll be fine, just breathe. It was true; the breath out calmed fraying nerves, and I relaxed again, just in time to get another course of food in. Not much at all, but enough.

"There's that much of a connection? Between a House and someone's temperament?" Not that I would have any idea if she were lying to me or not. Then again, why would she?

Stess:
"To a degree yes. There are only a few houses that do not have the other courts in them. For instance: There are NO seelie Aesin. And there are NO seelie Dairean but that was because long ago they killed off all their seelie brothers and sisters. There ARE unseelie Fiona, and there ARE unseelie ..others, where there are seelie in the Danaan. There, often is a bit of a connection and a predisoposition though. Those of house Gwydion tend to have violent tempers but...are those who know a truth or lie when they hear it"

She smiled gently "if you are done eating, we can go find out who you are. It will take a litte time and only you and I will know your true name"

Makoto Theroux:
"I would. Very much," I said, nodding eagerly. If I sounded like a bit of a wreck, it's because I was, although that shouldn't be a surprise. Finding out you were some kind of dream-made-real, being dragged into a strange place, riding on a spider? I doubt that those were particualrly normal actions for most people. Really, any people, come to think of it.

"What would I have to do?" I asked, rising from my seat and looking at her with a curious gleam. What's the worst that could happen?

Stess:
She looked at the Duchess "Would you excuse us?" She asked and when she got the okay she stood "NOthing really just be there. Come, this way"

The duchesss nodded "by all means"