Running down a Dream [Att fox/Gatecrash]

Scenes taking place in the Dreaming, whether Near or Deep
Gatecrash

Re: Running down a Dream [Att fox/Gatecrash]

Post by Gatecrash » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:39 am

Makoto Theroux
Autumn Sidhe | Stats | Flaws | Notable Merits
To no surprise, I'd misread the situation enough that instinct must've made me look a bit foolish. No helping that, I suppose; foolish was a good friend of mine. Before I could make anything worse than it must already be, I turned back to look at Meghan, questoning again, then made to follow the Thane-not-knight that clearly looked like he could crush me.

"Why would that be wrong," I asked him before those troublesome manners of mine could tell me to stop. Of course, those same manners usually kept me out of trouble, so it was kind of give-and-take. "Taking a knightly vow?"

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:46 pm

Meghan Cavanagh
Appearance 3 | Influence 2
Meghan smiled as Makoto looked her way again, giving a little nod as she moved to walk with the two other fae towards the Duchess' chambers.

She looked to Brenden at Makoto's question, a little curious herself at the answer.

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 am

Thane Brenden OgersBane
Atlas Blessing| Granite skin |

He was quiet as he moved for a long while, finally he said "The Trolls remember what the dreaming created us for. We are noble, enough so that if we break a oath we crumble and die. The Trolls, remember that the Sidhe where created to be the shinning host: The nobility of the Gentry. The dreaming mandated that the Sidhe where to lead. NOT the commoners. " He looked down at them and said "Many Commoners would disagree. But a knight is a noble. That is not for the Trolls we are commoners, we where the custodians when the sidhe had to leave. And we are happy to serve in their return"

He stepped through the arch that lead into the building and down the hall. He took them into a room made of moon stone, arched crystal windows with a round moonstone table and chairs. "the duchess will be here soon, do not sit until she comes"

Gatecrash

Post by Gatecrash » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:44 am

Makoto Theroux
Well... that was a lot to unpack. Enough to where, before I knew it, I found myself in a well-appointed meeting room; at least, it looked like a meeting room. Curiosity twitched in my fingers as I couldn't help but look around at the furnishings. Sure, it was easy enough to stand and wait -I did that fairly regularly- for this Duchess whoever they were to show up, but my mind raced with questions. About what? Well...

"I think most of that made sense," I said, unable to keep a twinge of excitement out of my voice. "Sidhe. That's, uhm."

Yeah, I trailed off and didn't finish at first. Was it rude to say that I was apparently one of these nobility? She may not have been successful at teaching about her culture, but Mom had been able to teach me her sense of propriety.

"Well, why did they have to leave?" Something told me that there was a lot to that question, but well, I do have a knack for asking the tough questions.

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:29 am

Meghan Cavanagh
"'member that bit I said about the world gettin' cold? Has to do with that, or at least in part, anyway." Meghan gave Makoto a little nod, moving to stand beside her as they were led into the audience chamber. "There's a whole big story behind that..."

The other sidhe here would most likely fill her in on that, of course, but she'd be willing to give her two cents on it as well. What sort of clurician would she be otherwise, after all?

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:12 am

Tamzin Fireflight
app 5|
"Banality" Said a womans voice as she entered the room. She was a beautiful woman at a glance but upon further inspection people would note the beast traits she had. Her skin was pale white and did give a little shimmer when the light hit it right: Small scales. Her eyes where stilted and red like a dragons. Her teeth where sharp, the cainines and the ones just in front. It would hurt like hell if she bit someone. And her hands where ended in long black whicked talons. Her ears slightly pointed and stuck out from under the shine of her bone white hair.

She was dressed in red leathers with black embroidery. A black fur round her shoulders and black and red cloak. On her head was a gold and ruby circlet.

The voice it self was inhuman, like she had a deep inferno in her belly. "Banality: Disbelief. Logic. Repetition. It is our bane....but to the Sidhe, the nobility..they are SO tied to the dream that banality hurts them more.

Many commoners would say that the Sidhe abandoned them. But the truth was that they could not survive here. Many noble Trolls took up the mantle to lead the commoners in their stead. But, they did leave until they had the strength to return. And thus, they..you..are here. And now we must find out who you are ..in the Dream"

Thane Brenden OgersBane
Atlas Blessing| Granite skin |

The troll bowed deeply and said "Her Grace, Duchess Tamzin Fireflght"

Gatecrash

Post by Gatecrash » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:08 am

Makoto Theroux
"Sounds like a good story, at least," I said, glad for the sort of familiar company. Not that I'd known her for that long, but at least it was longer than anyone else here, right? I had meant to ask her a bit more about what she meant, but then something distracted me, a new voice that didn't quite sound right.

The extra voice was surprising enough so that I turned around to try and see who it was. It had to be the Duchess, I knew, but the strangeness of the voice made me a little uncertain. Well, uncertain until I saw her and pieces fell into place; Fireflight. A voice with odd tones, the segmented reflection of light from tiny scales, and were those claws? I'm not the smartest person, but all signs pointed to a dragon. A dragon.

"Duchess Fireflight, it is nice to meet you," I greeted in the most formal tone I could think of, and even bowed to accent it. Of course, I also couldn't help but stare a little; it wasn't usually every day that I got to meet something from my books. She probably noticed, but I think I kept it under control.

"I'm sorry; what do you mean by the Dream?" The question was honest, and I was sure to stand by politely, hands tucked behind me.

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:56 am

Meghan Cavanagh
Meghan turned to the Duchess as she made her presence known, giving the Dragonling a respectful bow. She remained quiet for the moment, letting the nobles do their thing.

(OOC: Feel free to skip around me post order-wise until Meghan is directly addressed)

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:31 am

Tamzin Fireflight
app 5|
"I am pleased to meet you too" She didn't seem to mind the staring, she took a seat gracefully and motioned for them to do the same. Brenden moved over to stand near the door. "we are waiting for Countess Astrid" There was a pause and she said "I am rather sure you do not wish me to call you 'hey you' or 'late for dinner' , until we find the name that you went by before, what shall I call you since none opted to give a name for you"

She considered the girls question and said "When you dream anything is possible. In your dreams lurk strange creatures of your mind. When you create such dreams, it fuels the world we belong in, the world we are from. There are many layers to this world and if you recall in your dreams before you came to us as you are, in time the dream faded or you knew you drempt but remembered not a thing. In some cases you came to bits and peaces while others evaporated like trying to hold to steam. Those are OUR origins "

She looked up as boggans, hairy footed and in some cases portly fae brought bread, cheeses, nuts and fruits with mead and placed them on the table. The Duches motioned for them to take some, and reached out breaking a loaf of bread. This seemed almost ritualistic in a way. "When the humans feared or hoped they created us. Fear lead to things like the Nervosa, or Thallian. Fallen fae, Darker aspects that where twisted and corrupted. Hope, lead them to those like the Boggan" She motioned to the servants "and who should they serve but the dreams of nobility? "

She took a small bite, chewed and swallowed "for my people it is a dream LONG forgotten and almost gone. But the people of the celtic and norse tribes, their dreams where the strongest. Creatures of Power and flight, knowledge and magic. My ancestors taught Merlin"

She straightened up "But, i suppose the best way to say it is the dream is where you come from and the dream comes from humans"

Gatecrash

Post by Gatecrash » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:01 am

Makoto Theroux
A short bit after she sat down, I followed, turning in the seat to face her better and tucked my hands onto my lap. It wasn't an unfamiliar position, not with the amount of time Mom had spent trying to beat being 'proper' into my thick head, although it hadn't worked very well. Except for now, of course, and I made sure to match the look on my face with burning interest.

"Makoto Theroux." It was a quick response, maybe just a little too fast to be correct, but I didn't want to interrupt her without a good reason. Sure, this was a good reason- I didn't want to be called 'hey you' either- but more important than that, I tried to keep hold of every word she said. And, don't get me wrong, there was a lot to try and remember. Thallain, and a few other names (maybe?), there was no hope I'd ever pronounce it correctly, but that bit about the Dream and how it created all of this?

Forgive me, I'm not the most trusting person, despite the fact that a quick look at her, at me even, showed how much I didn't know. That, and the strange feeling from before that seemed to accept all of this. Knew all of this, somehow, despite my own memory drawing only a blank. When the Boggans -was that the right name?- set the table, I didn't take any of the food, politely declining any offers. Hungry? Of course, but I couldn't afford the distraction.

"Duchess," I said, voice equally confused and respectful, "I don't understand. You said that I had a name from before? That I'm part of this, somehow? Then why don't I remember anything at all?" I mean, I couldn't fight what was plainly true right in front of me. Why didn't I remember anything then?