You and Me Time [Log; Joseph/Vali]

Head to this artsy, waterside enclave to snap a selfie with the iconic Fremont Troll and to enjoy the neighborhoods delicious offerings and free spirited charm. This room encompasses Meni Dumpling Tzar, Pacific Inn Pub, HA! , Fremont Sunday Market, Show Poney, Fremond Brewing, MiiR, Fremont Abby, Norms, Browers Cafe, and George & the dragon Pub
QuicksilverFox85

You and Me Time [Log; Joseph/Vali]

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:47 pm

Date: 7/5/2017

Joseph Taylor
The workshop at the caern was pretty well stocked, all told, but Joseph had come across a personal project that needed some tools that he needed to find in town. Thus Joseph had ventured down into the city proper, stopping by one of the DIY workshops in the area to speak with one of the woodworkers there and get a few tips on the project as well as the tools he would need for it.

That particular errand finished he emerged from the workshop, a bag in hand and a few other ideas churning in his mind.

Chavali
She was trying to learn how to do it too. Cause ..you know, the mates that do projects together stay together and all that. That and she liked venturing into the city.

Tonight she was dressed in a pair of jeans that had a few rips in them, and borrowed shirt. His. Her red hair was pulled up in a pony tail.

Joseph Taylor
"Hope that wasn't too boring for you. Can get buried in the shop talk pretty easily without noticing it." He smiled quietly, offering his free hand to Vali as they headed out on the sidewalk proper. "Anything else you want to check out while we're here?"

Chavali
She reached out and took his hand "Just a little but I was trying to figure out how you doing what you were doing. Its interesting to watch" She looked up at him "we can get lunch?" She said, she seemed to always be hungry for one thing or another.

Joseph Taylor
"Glad you think so. Always enjoyed doing it, and I can teach you more back home, too." He nodded, looking around. "Sounds like a plan...know there's a pub around here I've heard some of the folks in the family mention before, could do that unless you have something else in mind."

Chavali
"Like...you teach me math?" She asked grinning. She nods and lifted their hands pointing to the pub "irish pub too, they have great sheppards pie"

Joseph Taylor
"Little different there..." He chuckled, nodding as they headed towards the pub in question. It was one of the older ones in town, a normal haunt for the local Fianna and their kin.

Chavali
She looked inside and smiled, letting him lead her to a table

Joseph Taylor
As they entered the pub a wave of music washed over them, adding to the jovial air of the place as a whole. A few eyes followed the pair as they entered, both male and female, and while Joseph noticed he focused on finding a table for the two of them and heading that way.

The pair would recognize at least one face in the room, standing behind the bar and talking to one of the patrons there. The man better known as Deadeye among the people was relatively tall, with dark brown hair down to his shoulders and blue-grey eyes; both his inherent Rage and his ties to the blood of Stag (PB 3) would be clear to the Ragabash.

Chavali
She lifted a hand and waved seeing Deadeye. Then moved along, she gave the stink eye to a girl who was eye balling Joseph a little to closely, not seeming to notice that someone did check her out too.
She looked up at him "anyways, so we gonna try the brew tonight me love?"

Joseph Taylor
Deadeye looked over at the wave and smiled, giving Vali and her beau a quick salute before getting pulled away by a drink order for another patron. Joseph offered a salute in return, giving the man who was eyeing Vali a look of his own before turning to his lady love. "Could, in theory. May also need to get a ride home if we do, depending on how stiff this particular batch is..."

Chavali
"Pretty sure that wont be a problem" She chuckled and slipped into the both "When was the last time we got drunk together anyways?"

Joseph Taylor
"I...think the last Midwinter celebration?" He slid into the booth beside her, picking up the menu and looking it over. "It's been a bit, I know that."

Chavali
"I already know what I want, Brie and then the lamb stew" She grinned "And a pint of the good stuff" She leaned back and slipped her shoes off, putting her feet on his lap. "Yeah we need to start having more fun"

Joseph Taylor
"Was thinking either the stew or fish and chips myself." He nodded, smiling a touch as she got extra comfortable. "I think we have a good bit of fun, personally. Get what you mean, though; haven't had as much 'you and me' time lately."

Chavali
"We do! " she said and smiled widely at him "I actually have a whole lotta fun with you and..well we ..yeah, little one makes you and me time harder"

She considered "Not that Id trade it, but, I miss just being able to do whatever we want whenever"

Joseph Taylor
"Know what you mean." He nodded, setting his menu down. "Wouldn't change a thing either, of course. Hope is one of the best things I could ask for."

Chavali
"You're not the one she hits in the head with the biggest thing she can find to streak the neighborhood" She chuckles and said "but she is sweet and she is one of the best things that happen to me too. Though, I think the absolute best was you. Cause, with out you there would be no her"

She looked up as the waitress came around "Oh, I want a pint of the good stuff and lambstew with some Brie please"

Joseph Taylor
"True enough..." He chuckled, giving her a nod. "And without either of you I'd be God knows where, so I'm eternally thankful for that."

He smiled to the waitress as she arrived, giving his order of the fish and chips and the good stuff. "Good stuff, eh?" She said with an Irish lilt, noting it down in her notepad. "I'll see what I can do for ya."

The waitress headed back to the bar to have a quick word with Deadeye; when he looked in the direction of the table he said something back to her and gave her a nod, which sent her back to the kitchen to give their orders.

Chavali
"Its been a long time since you used your indoor voice" she said softly, almost sadly. She actually REALLY liked when he did that, mostly cause he blushed so pretty. Granted, he was lucky enough not to be eye balling a cute chick when ti happened either

Joseph Taylor
"True...it also means that I'm keeping stable enough that I'm not nearly going off the deep end." He said quietly back, watching her a moment. "Not like I keep anything from you anyway, Val."

Chavali
"And what where you thinking when that girl over there was looking at your butt?!" She chuckled

Joseph Taylor
"I was more focused on the guy that was oggling you, honestly." He chuckled, patting her leg. "Would've given him a piece of my mind if he tries anything untowards."

The pair would eventually notice Deadeye heading towards their table, two pint glasses of the faintly-green-tinted stout in hand. "Two pints of the house special." The Ahroun said with a smile, setting the glasses down. "Things going alright for you two, I hope?"

Chavali
She looked up and smiled at the other Fianna, "Thank you!" She nods "So far so good. Just pondering when to try to give the wee berr a little sibling"

Joseph Taylor
"Quite welcome." Deadeye nodded with a grin. "Fair question. She's about two, yeah?"

"She is indeed." Joseph nodded, taking the glass but not having a sip just yet as he gave Vali am amused look at the comment. "Was about three years between my brothers and myself."

"Not a bad time to be lookin' at it, then." Deadeye chuckled. "Enjoy, and let me know if you need anything else."

Chavali
She nods "Sure thing and thank you"

She looked back at joseph "I was thinking we should start trying cause you know, we dont want her to be alone"

Joseph Taylor
"Don't disagree." He lifted his glass in a small salute. "To expanding our family in good health and peaceful times."

Chavali
"which is kind of funny considering we where just saying we wanted more time alone" She chuckled and took a drink, she smiled "But, on the other hand. Trying to make another one requires time alone"

Joseph Taylor
"Mmhmm." He smirked, taking a sip from the pint. He let out a low whistle as he finished it, shaking his head as though to clear it. "Got a good punch, this batch..."

Chavali
When he looked at her , her eyes where already starting to cross. She chuckled and took another drink "mmmm the burn!" She blinked and leaned in "you ever gonna introduce me to anymore of your friends?"

Joseph Taylor
He, on the other hand, was waiting before having more, setting the glass to the side for the moment. "Most likely, yes. Ran into someone that apparently knew me before I left; once I get to know her more I planned on introducing you two."

Chavali
She smiled and set the mug down as well. "Oh good. So, what do you mean she kneeeeeeeeeew you before?" She asked him with a suspecious glance. Then smiled, totally teasing him,

Joseph Taylor
"Not like that..." He gave her a look, sticking his tongue out ever-so-briefly. "Ran into her at Pike Place Market, she said I reminded her of someone she knew back in the day. We didn't get to talk for long, but I'm curious to say the least."

Chavali
She nodded "Yeah, I am too. Considering your age" She said and looked up when they brought the warm brie and crackers. She cut into it and went wooooh before handing him some cheese on a cracker and eating one herself. She said "Maybe she will know what happened to you"

Joseph Taylor
He took the offered cracker and polished it off in a bite, giving a small nod. "Maybe. It did happen overseas, though, so can't say for certain."

Chavali
"True" She ate another, and made a mmm sound. Then wiggled her finger at him "She pretty?"

Joseph Taylor
"Relatively, yes. Doesn't hold a candle to you, though." He smiled, catching her hand and kissing the back of it.

Chavali
She laughed and smiled wider "Ill be honest, Im not worried. You are..your of a old stock that actually believed till death do you part. And understand that hardships are gonna happen. Im grateful for you" She admitted.

"we have such a screwy life, I am glad that whatever fate decided that I needed you in my life and me in yours, made it happen"

Joseph Taylor
"And I you, madame." He smiled, giving her hand a squeeze. "Agreed. Be a weird and interesting ride, but I wouldn't change it for the world."

Chavali
She got up and moved around the table, putting a arm around him and looking around. She leaned in "feeling a lil buzzed yet?"

Joseph Taylor
"Not too, but then again I've only had a bit. Waiting until the food gets there so I have something to cushion it with." He looped his arm around her shoulders as she scooted in beside him, resting his head against hers. "How are you feeling?"

Chavali
"Very warm. On that edge of being tipsy but not enough that it would cause a issue" She looked at him "We need a good fight here soon, been kind of stir crazy. Got the drinking, got the..well I wont be so crass to say that,sides, dont think THAT is what we do...but not enough blood and gore of late"

Joseph Taylor
"It has been quiet, which is both good and bad." He nodded quietly. "Good due to having a little breathing room, but bad in that you have to wonder what's on the horizon..."

Chavali
She touched her nose at that and let out a contented sigh. "we need to have a party at the sept. Actually thats not a bad idea. We should have a party..bring the brew. Ill talk to deadeye"

Joseph Taylor
"Sounds like a plan. Lughnasadh is coming up in a month anyway, right?" He nodded with a smile, leaning over and leaving a light kiss on her cheek.

Chavali
She nods "Yeah" And really perked "Oh lord, Yeah I gotta do SOMETHING or Danu is gona kick my ass"

Joseph Taylor
"...ah, right. That is a seasonal thing, isn't it." He nodded. "Should definitely get on that, for sure."

Chavali
She laughed "yeah it is. Height of summer" She nuzzled him affectionately "You know..I half wanna find that thing that wrecked my car back in the day and thank it. Without that I think Id never figure out that you liked me" She chuckled and looked up at him "We plan a Lughnsadh party, okay? Help me? Maybe you can grill"

Joseph Taylor
He smiled as she nuzzled him, kissing her cheek lightly. "Sounds like a plan to me. I'm pretty handy on a grill."

Chavali
"You're pretty handy all around Joseph' she said and smiled then blinked "Hey....Lets call the baby sitter and ask if they mind watching the imp over night and rent a hotel room tonight. Just, for something different"

Joseph Taylor
"Why thank you." He chuckled, nodding as he pulled his phone out. "I like that idea. Little bit of that you and me time is in order, I think..."

Chavali
"mmhm baby rnr" she chuckled and leaned in to kiss his neck , giving it a good nip

Joseph Taylor
"Hey now...hard to make a phone call when you're doing that..." He smiled, giving her a wink before calling the sitter and seeing if she would mind keeping an eye on Hope overnight.

Chavali
There came a bit of a purr from her but instead of nipping him again she reached out and got her pint, taking another sip. She leanaed in to hear the convo too

Joseph Taylor
It was a pretty quick conversation all told, as the sitter didn't have an issue keeping an eye on the little one until the morning. Joseph thanked her muchly and looked to Vali with a smile. "Looks like we're good to go."

Chavali
"awesome." She grinned and smiled when their food came "Thanks!" Then started to eat "Okay so since we are going to be in town tonight...we wanna get a suite or just a hotel room?"

Joseph Taylor
He thanked the waitress as well, taking a bite of his fish as he mulled over the question and nodded approvingly. "Let's do a suite. Don't splurge that often."

Chavali
She grinned and looked over at his food "Give you a bite if you give me a bite of yours" she chuckled "Yeah, I am now fairly excited"

Joseph Taylor
"All yours." He smiled, grabbing a bit of the lamb from her stew with his fork. "Same."

Chavali
She took a bite of his and made a mmm sound "I really love coming here" She laughed "almost as much as I love you"

Joseph Taylor
He chuckled at that, lightly booping her nose. "That's quite a lot then, assuming you love me as much as I love you."

Chavali
Her nose wrinkled "Oh yeah"

She looked around the room and then smiled widely "we could dance"

Joseph Taylor
He thought a moment, then leaned in and whispered "How about we save that for when we're at the hotel room..." in her ear before giving her a mischievous grin.