Reentry Interview [Log: Angelus, Channa, Micah]

Head to this artsy, waterside enclave to snap a selfie with the iconic Fremont Troll and to enjoy the neighborhoods delicious offerings and free spirited charm. This room encompasses Meni Dumpling Tzar, Pacific Inn Pub, HA! , Fremont Sunday Market, Show Poney, Fremond Brewing, MiiR, Fremont Abby, Norms, Browers Cafe, and George & the dragon Pub
QuicksilverFox85

Reentry Interview [Log: Angelus, Channa, Micah]

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:00 am

Date: 9/20/2017

Channa David
They drove into Seattle late at night, the car a black charger turned down a street and finding a place to park pulled into the spot. The girl behind the wheel looked over at the passanger "Think the hotel isnt far" She said "would kind of like to get out and stretch my legs I feel like a pretzel"

Micah Beaumont
Micah - all 6'4" of him - slowly turned from the book he'd been reading in the passenger's seat and looked at her. "You feel like a pretzel?"

Channa David
She snorted "I could have put you in the trunk!" She said pulled the lever and got out snickering as she did. She moved around the front of the car and stepped onto the side walk. Her eyes bounced around: Last time they where here they had met, and she had bounced from plane, to plane, to plane across the world to get here. She looked over at him waiting.

She was a slim/Athetic woman dressed in a pair of black jeans that she could move easy enough in if need be, a pair of ankle boots that where strappy and a black long sleeve shirt with a femine black leather jacket over it that hid her weapon. Her hair was down and free.

Micah Beaumont
"You could have tried." He smirked, slipping a piece of paper into the book to mark his place before putting it into his bag and stepping out of the car. As he stood he stretched, pops and cracks coming from here and there.

He was dressed plainly as was his wont - jeans, white t-shirt and boots - looking around at the area they had parked at to get on their feet for a bit.

Channa David
"Oh. I think I could have managed. You wouldn't seriously fight agianst me" She said with half a grin. She pointed to the Meni Dumpling Tzar "That looks good"

Micah Beaumont
Micah simply shook his head at that, eyeing the dumpling place as she pointed it out and nodded. "That'll work."

Channa David
"HA" She said to his lack of response and started to stride towards the dumpling place.

Micah Beaumont
He met her stride easily, dark eyes looking about on their way to the restaurant. It had been four years since he had been here, and with what had come over the horizon after they'd left the last time he was quietly concerned that the angels may not have won out in those particular battles...

Channa David
She actually reached out and took his hand, giving it a squeeze "well call after we eat" She said, Once they got to the door she didn't open it.

Micah Beaumont
He gave her hand a squeee, nodding. "And we'll hopefully get better news than I'm expecting."

Once they reached the door he opened it, letting her go in first but looking around as they went.

Channa David
She slipped in gave the quick once over and then moved to a booth. She put her back to the wall so she could see the door. The man in front of her cheated, so he could have his back to it.

"Your expecting them to have lost?"

Micah Beaumont
"Or at least be on the outs, yes." He nodded quietly. "Nothing got out for years, and usually that means things have gone one way or the other; holding out hope, but you prepare for the worst-case scenario."

Channa David
She nodded slowly "Yeah. Well...do you have a number to call or anything helpful?" She leaned in and whispered "And hopefully my folks arent to heavy on the ground"

Micah Beaumont
"I do, yeah." He gave another small nod. "And hopefully."

Channa David
"well all know what happens when things get fuzzy" She grinned and looked up as the waitress came over. She ordered a dumpling plate with a diet coke, and then looked at Micah.

Micah Beaumont
"That we do." He smirked, putting in his order to the waitress - soup, fried dumplings and some rice to go along with - then looked back to Channa. "Should be interesting, at any rate."

Channa David
"Well so far we havent gotten the, dragged by the hair to the land of wolves so there is that" She sighed and leaned back, putting her feet on his knees gently. She smiled "Interesting has never been lacking in our lives Micah"

Micah Beaumont
"Very true. Then again, I think that you'd get bored if that wasn't the case."

Channa David
"You're probably right" The waitress brought the drinks quickly and dashed away. She put a straw in her glass and chuckled. "I do have folks here who want me to work for them so. There is that too, money wont be a issue"

Micah Beaumont
"That's good." Then again, she knew that him and money was never really a thing, not in all the time she had known him. "Far as I know my sifu is still in town; planned on checking on him once we were set up."

Channa David
She arched a brow "You gonna tell him you got a woman or just a student?" She asked as she picked up the chop sticks. Service here was quick and their food was brought and put in front of them. they where asked if they needed anything else before the waitress stepped away again

Micah Beaumont
"I would tell him both, yes." He chuckled, taking the chop sticks and giving the waitress a nod before tucking in.

Channa David
She eyed him "Your going to give your Sifu a heartattack" She snickered and started to eat

Micah Beaumont
"Possibly." He smirked, eating some of his soup before trying the dumplings. "Then again, he always said I was TOO focused on my studies, so he may appreciate the news."

Channa David
"Maybe" she said with half a smile "Make sure to tell him I had to lock you in the bathroom for a day to get you to realize you liked me. And that I thought you where gay for a while there"

Micah Beaumont
"He would probably find that amusing." He nodded with a chuckle.

Channa David
She laughed at that but didnt eat a lot. She finished fairly quickly and pushed her food aside. "so..whats the name of your contact?" She asked curiously

Micah Beaumont
"Let me check..." He pulled out his old brick of a phone and started scrolling through the numbers, taking a bite of dumpling or two as he went.

Channa David
She quietly took a sip of her drink and watched him with dark eyes. She did that sometimes, just watched him...she liked to see him squirm. It was a little more fun when he was trying to pretend he didn't like her though

Micah Beaumont
"Guy named Angelus. One of the local holy men, if you couldn't tell by the name."

Channa David
She blinked "Ah okay. So is Micah a monk name?" She chuckled and tossed a bit of rice at him. "well,give em a call so we can ..find out if we gotta scat or not"

Micah Beaumont
He gave her a bit of a look at that, catching the wad of rice as it was thrown at him and eating it before punching in the number and waiting to see if the man would be at the other end.

Channa David
She blew him a kiss and put the straw in her mouth to get a sip of the coke.

Angelus
And on the other end, would be an Angelus - answering the phone! "Angelus speaking."

Micah Beaumont
Micah sat up a little straighter as the call was answered, keeping his voice low enough that the other tables nearby wouldn't overhear but loud enough that Angelus could still hear him. "Good afternoon. My name is Micah, and I was briefly a member of the local chapter a few years back before the nasty pest problems you guys were having hit. I'm back in town currently, and I wanted to see about renewing my membership."

Channa David
She smiled over at him and pulled her cellphone out to look over her facebook

Angelus
"...Oooooh," Was the words on the other end, before he continued, "We could probably work with that. Micah, you said? Looking through the rosters right now - you mind reminding me, who did you work with again?"

Micah Beaumont
"Yes sir." He paused to take a sip of his tea, thinking over who he knew in town beforehand. "I had a woman who went by Dawn Dragon in my training class, if that helps."

Angelus
"It does," He paused and said, "So we're going to need to set up a returning interview before rejoining the chapter. Would you be open to such a thing?"

Micah Beaumont
"I would, yeah. I do have a second person that would be joining as well, a student of my own." He looked to Channa with a small smirk. "Would that be alright?"

Channa David
She leaned her head back against the seat and started to slip down to comfort level. Then hearing him she looked at him and half smiled

Angelus
"Absolutely." He thought a moment, and then said, "Where are you at, at the moment?"

Micah Beaumont
"Little hole in the wall restaurant in Fremont." He glanced at a nearby menu briefly. "Meni Dumpling Tzar."

Channa David
She just waited

Angelus
"Alright," He said, thinking, "Go ahead and finish your meal. In about... an hour? Meet me at Freemont Library." If Micah needed directions, they were provided - and at the end, he added, "You can't miss the place - it's across the street from the charred remains of one of the local starbucks."

...Of course, as Angelus said that he realized that was probably appropriate of any location in Seattle so long as Rachael was in the area. Winning the Ascension War - One Coffee Shop at a time!

Micah Beaumont
"...noted." His eyebrow quirked up at that, smirking a bit. "We'll see you there."

With that he hung up, slipping the phone back into his pocket. "He'll meet us at the library down the way from here in an hour."

Channa David
She looked at the eaten food "So what are we going to do in the hour we have?" Then looked at him. She slipped out and put money on the table "I know, lets walk to the library and look at the books. You could use a few more books, your almost done with the 10 you had in the last week"

Micah Beaumont
"You have an issue with me reading?" He smirked, polishing off the last dumpling on his plate and having a sip of his tea before he stood.

Channa David
"Pfft. No I just dont think I can keep you supplied well" She chuckled and headed out the door, this time not waiting for him to open it. She looked both ways "Okay which way is the library?"

Micah Beaumont
"This way." Micah motioned in the proper direction and took point in heading there, keeping his pace even with his companion's despite the differences in height.

Channa David
"You grew up here didnt you?" She asked as they walked. She kept a alert eye out as they moved. Didnt take them long to get to the library. "Ah there it is"

Micah Beaumont
"Southern part of the city, yeah." He nodded, opening the door going into the library when they reached it. "Definitely a little...rougher than here."

Angelus
Angelus would already be at the Library - not necessarily because he expected them not to finish their meal, but because he'd set up the Library to be the person who determined a meeting point - you fight a war long enough, you tend to be very careful with strangers after all. And he liked libraries. They had a surprisingly smaller turnout of being hellholes compared to some of the regular hangouts of the other mages.

...Which was weird, he had to admit, since 'forbidden lore' was usually to be found in any place that was a fountain of knowledge like a library. But then, these days that lore could be found in a computer as well as a tome.

He is probably noticable as they enter into the place - dressed in a suit, at one of the tables not in the corner but close enough - no one was behind him at the moment and that was a good enough quality for him, especially when he could see all exits, entrances, and windows. He's a beautiful man though - even here, he knows he'll stick out - but people talking quietly in a library was rarely an issue for most.

Channa David
She nodded "Yeah I recall you said you had a rough child hood" Understatement. she looked around as she normally did and blinked seeing angelus. "Damn"

Micah Beaumont
"That's a nice way to put it." He nodded, pausing as he saw the man in the suit. "I'm guessing that's him..." was said quietly before heading over towards the table where the Chorister sat.

"Afternoon." He nodded politely once in range; the faint hum of active magic was in the air around him. "Here for an interview; we in the right place?"

Angelus
Angelus paused, looking over at Micah and Channa, and offering a warm smile, "I think so. You would be Micah?" He lookedto Channa, and said, "And...?"

Channa David
She followed a step behind Micah at this point, she could sling bullets he could sling magic and she was content to watch his back in these cases. When she was addresssed she blinked slightly "Channa David" The last was pronounced Dee Vid. She had a bit of a accent as well. Not american. Angelous might notice it was a Israeli accent

Micah Beaumont
"You would be correct." Micah nodded, taking a seat at the table. He seemed relaxed enough, but he glanced about every now and again to maintain his bearings.

Angelus
"A pleasure," He said, motioning for the two of them to have a seat. Well - Channa to have a seat anyways. He looked to them, and said very quietly, "You said you were local to the area, returning?"

Channa David
She did sit too, where she could watch the room. She put a hand out on Micahs shoulder to let him know he could focus, she would keep their backs covered

Micah Beaumont
Micah looked over to Channa at her touch, giving her a small nod before looking back to Angelus. "Yes'sir. Started my training here about four years ago, and went to Japan for a while to study with my teacher's teacher. Got back Stateside...two years ago, I think?" He looked to Channa for confirmation of that. "but after hearing how hairy it was here we kept traveling until recently."

Angelus
"I see," He paused, considering that before looking between the two of them. He noted how they observed the exits, how they watched at things - much like he had, when he chose those particular location or when he'd asked for guidance from the One. People used to being in combat? People used to being on the run? One of the two. That or the third - simply paranoid. After a moment, he said, "So what brings you back?"

Channa David
"There about" She said "Went to las Vegas for a bit" She looked back and smiled "There is no place like home?"

Micah Beaumont
Micah nodded at Channa's answer, motioning to her briefly. "Had wanted to come back sooner, but with the blockade in place it really wasn't an option."

Angelus
He nodded slowly, and debated it - before figuring it was better to just ask, "In my experience, most people who keep their eyes on the exits are either trained to do so - used to fighting constantly and being in a warzone - or... used to being on the run. Now - I'm not asking your business... but if there is anything that I should know before giving you two an address, I would much appreciate that information so I could make sure security at home is prepared for it."

Channa David
She turned dark eyes to the man and half smiled at him "I grew up in Tel Aviv and served in the Israeli Military. Israel is bombed daily and its not a habit that I grew out of. There is also the issue of the fact that I am to understand that this place was not really peaceful, much like new york but more a hell hole? Id imagine it would be understandable the caution...when it has not been stated if the Angels had won that particular issue"

Micah Beaumont
Micah watched Channa as she talked, eventually shaking his head at the question. "Haven't pissed anyone off too badly that I'm aware of."

Management:
0 | 09/21/2017 5:38 am Angelus has rolled an Time + Gnosis roll (8 dice), getting 7, 10, 1, 5, 5, 8, 4, 7, 9, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Angelus has 3 successes.

Angelus
The sensation of magic would touch the room - that holy presence of the One - warm, enlightening, touching. Angelus closed his eyes as he listened, and asked the Father three questions. Are they dangerous? Will they bring danger? Will Rachael shoot me later as a result of me giving them the Chantry Address? He nodded and said, "Very well." He looked between the two of them and then said, "Well, home base -has- changed it's location in the last few years."

Channa David
"Thats mostly because no one has really pushed his snark button" She said a half smile on her face and added "I piss everyone off. So..."

Where they dangerous: Yes.
Would THEY bring danger....magic 8 ball said rephrase...yes eventually, potentially. No more then some mages in the chantry.
Would Rachael shoot him....all signs point to yes but not because they had the chantry address. They where associated with mages, by Rachaels law of the chantry they where welcome. Just needed to pass the vetting, if HE vetted them it would be fine. She trusted him

Micah Beaumont
"I don't write checks I can't cash." He smiled a touch at that, then looked to Angelus and nodded. "Not too surprised, considering."

Angelus
He nodded, and then said, "I got an address and a coin for you. You'll need both." He reached into his pocket and set a coin on the table, sliding it over to them. "You have Dawn's number?"

Channa David
She watched and mouthed, dawn dragon?

Micah Beaumont
He took the offered coin, looking it over before putting it in his pocket. "I do not, no. She never had one when I knew her before."

Angelus
He nodded and said, "She owns a martial arts studio. Iron Fist Academy. So - she at least has that to contact her with. I'll give you the address and number for that as well." He pulled out a slip of paper and a pen, and started to write.

Channa David
She leaned forward and spoke -Italian- what part of Italy are you from?

Micah Beaumont
Micah nodded, waiting for the information to be written and taking the paper when it was ready.

Angelus
He replied casually, ~Rome, actually. Heart of the Church. Trained their most of my life before being sent here as a part of a long term mission. Liked it enough that I stayed.~

He passed the paper over to Micah, smiling. "Here you go."

The paper would have two addresses, one number, and a set of 'times' for one of the addresses

Micah Beaumont
"Thanks." He looked over the paper, his eyebrow arching at the times listed by one. "Guessing this is when the academy opens and closes, or is that a window for getting to the clubhouse as it were?"

Channa David
-Italian- Ive been. Its beautiful She leaned back and looked at the addresses then slowly looked around. She considered and smiled.

Angelus
"The former," He said, smiling. "I figured I'd save you the time of looking it up."

He looks to Channa, smiles a bit more, and nods - before looking to Micah, ~Do you speak Italian as well?~

Micah Beaumont
"Fair enough." Micah nodded, then arched an eyebrow at the Italian. "I know Spanish, not Italian. Sorry."

"Thank you for the information, Angelus. Once we get some rest we'll come and visit the clubhouse, introduce ourselves to the locals." He offered the Chorister a hand. "Been a pleasure."

Channa David
-Italian- Ive been. Its beautiful She leaned back and looked at the addresses then slowly looked around. She considered and smiled.

She stood slowly to stand next to Micah "It was nice meeting you Sir."

Angelus
"Pieta," He said quietly, nodding. He took the hand, shaking it - offering a hand to Channa as well, and said, "It's been a pleasure for me as well. Safe travels, and god bless."