Fremont Satyrs and Clurichaun.. no trolls seen. (Mal, Meghan log)

Head to this artsy, waterside enclave to snap a selfie with the iconic Fremont Troll and to enjoy the neighborhoods delicious offerings and free spirited charm. This room encompasses Meni Dumpling Tzar, Pacific Inn Pub, HA! , Fremont Sunday Market, Show Poney, Fremond Brewing, MiiR, Fremont Abby, Norms, Browers Cafe, and George & the dragon Pub
Beast Boy

Fremont Satyrs and Clurichaun.. no trolls seen. (Mal, Meghan log)

Post by Beast Boy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 3:32 am
*Mal made his way down the street in Fremont. Tonight he was out looking around. Acquainting himself with the city, learning it's in's and out's the only way one truely can, by being there, on the hoof. Sticking your head into doors. Looking around. Ventruing down alleys and side streets to see where they go. How they link up. Where the dead ends are. The places not on the tourists maps. All in all a fun time when your passion is mystery and the unknown.

He struck quite the figure. Strikingly good looking, he was tall and well fit. Dressed this evening in a black kilt, button up shirt in simple white, top button undone, under a simple black jacket. Dark red hair, handsome face with a ready smile and aquamarine eyes rounded out the look.

Those blessed by the dream would see more. His legs transitioned just above the knee to deltagrade bend, and on down to hooves, coated in glossy dark red fur. His body seemd a bit more primal a touch more muscled but not grosly so, just a bit more definition to what was there. The hair was longer and darker red, and seemed wilder, ears came to a point with a bit of fur on them as well and two ridged dark black horns rose from his forehead, over the crown to curve up to wicked sharp points!
Behind there was a triangular cut out in the kilt through which a bushy red tail fitted, and across his shoulders on a leather strap was a great axe, it's head etched deep with celtic knotwork in the chimerical steel*

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 3:39 am
As he wandered another denizen of the Dreaming would make itself known, sitting on a park bench with a sketchbook in hand. To most she was a pleasant enough woman, dark hair long and tucked behind her ear, dark green eyes and clothing in the classic "goth chic" vein - lots of black, but put together properly. Malcolm would see the faint points to her ears - not sidhe pointy but pointy - and the hints of red that snuck their way into her hair, giving a nod to her own heritage.

If she had noticed Malcolm's arrival she didn't react to it, eyes on the sketchpad for the moment.

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 3:42 am
*Malcolm took note of her. Eshu? noo.. noo. Not in a hurry to get some where and with out that inbuilt air of surperiority that some tend to have after that 'True nobiltiy' bump a few years back. Pausing Mal leaned against a light pole for a bit. Reaching into a pocket and pulling out a tin. shaking it it rattled gently and he popped it open, pulling a small white ovoid out of it and popping it into his mouth.
Aquamarine eyes watched the artist work, curious, his tail twitching now and then. Perhaps a piskey? Blending in with teh Bohemian area of Fremont? Maybe... but the red in the hair, those elven but not Elven ears.... no.... Ahh.... the eyes. Dark green, the hair, the ears. A look of gentle comprehension played over the satyr's features.*

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 3:46 am
Eventually she did look up from the sketchpad, eyebrow arching a touch as she spotted the satyr staring at her. After looking him over for a moment she gave him a quick up-nod.

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 3:50 am
*Mal took that as invitation and smiled, pushing off the pole he crossed her way. Glancing around to make sure she wasn't some lovely lovely honeypot with a watcher backing her up ready to brain him when he looked the other way.

Approaching the bench he extended a hand and the fingers flare to indicate the other side. Red brows rose and his smile was friendly. Clearly asking if she mind if he sat and joined her. Then offered a hand* Malcolm Joi
*The accent was not from Seattle. Nor even west coast. A cost though. East. Up north. The 'OTher" Portland. Maine.*

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 3:53 am
"All yours." Hers came from the same coast but a little further south, a good and proper New Yorker. She took the offered hand, shaking it firmly. "Meghan Cavanagh."

"Just gettin' in?"

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 3:56 am
*The hand was shook. Not crushed, not smooched or drooled on. Just shook pleasently and released. He sat, careful of the kilt. Not flashing the lady or anything unseemly.* Pleasure ta meet ya Ms Cavanagh. *He grinned, the name seemed to add up more on the conclusion previously acheived.* Been here a tic but not too terribly long.
You from the Broughs? One o' the five?

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 3:59 am
"Four; Staten Island ain't a real borough." She grinned, giving a nod. "Yeah, Manhattan. Been here a couple months, though."

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 4:01 am
*He laughed* More of a penal colony eh? *Nodding with a smile ne glanced down to her pad, unless she was covering it and then up and around* Friendly sorts here, least the ones I've met so far. What brought you across Concodida, Ms Cavanagh?

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 4:05 am
"It's where we sent the trash, mainly." She chuckled, not having an issue with him seeing the sketch; it was still light on details but appeared to be a stylized tree of some kind. "Work, primarily. I own a tattoo parlor in Queen Anne."

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 4:16 am
Six o' one I guess. *Looking at the sketch he nodded and then looked up to her and a smile crossed his face. A bit of surprise at that* Really? That's cool. Pretty good part of town, from what I've seen. You must be good, or a great eye for talent.

Do you ink, yourself Ms Cavanagh, or is it more 'owner' sort?
He leaned to the side and lifted the leather strap over his head. shifting and letting the axe head flip down and then placed it softly on the ground and leaned the haft against the side of the bench. Must more comfortable with out that thing strapped on*

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 4:18 am
"Pretty damn good, if I say so myself." She grinned widely. "I own it and do my own pieces there, yeah."

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 4:20 am
Ahh well that's the best way to be. *He chuckled* Any sort of specialties? Saw a thing today on this lady-artist, that.. *he motioned with clever long fingers towards his forearm* Did a sort of .. jewel thing. The facets of the jewels in the tattoo actually glimmered and sparkeld. Was a hella trip.

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 4:28 am
"Can see how you'd do that." She nodded, mulling that over. "Kinda, yeah. Got a bit of knack for seeing what's to come, as it were, and I use that to see what kind of ink someone needs rather than just what they want."

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 4:29 am
*Mal seemed to ponder that and reached up to run a hand through his dark red hair, between those wicked sharp horns, as hoof bobbing.
A squint of the eyes, as if he was trying to suss out how that'd work* So..... You see whathtey need.. and tell them. And then give them 'that' tattoo?

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 4:31 am
"Mmhmm. Mind you, I do designs that folks bring in, too, but I'm known for that kind of work."

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 4:34 am
*Mal looked suitably impressed. A bit of agrin crossing his face* That must be some skill, Ms Cavanagh! I can see how that'd be a draw of our kind, or do you do the same for he ironborn as well? *His aquamarine eyes flicked up and onto the casual passer by. Seeming to have no problem in general with humanity. Theyr'e how he madeh is livin's after all*

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 4:38 am
"Oh yeah, I do it for everyone." She grinned at that. "Got known for it out in New York, along with the fact that I do a bit of the brownie trick and don't have 'em look while I'm working so I can get them done faster."

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 4:39 am
Brownie? I'd have taken you for a Clurichaun myself. *he chuckled but then it seemd to catch up with him* Wait, you don't let um watch you apply it? Like... a screen or something, or is it a total surprise? "Trust me. I got this" Type thing?

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 4:42 am
"Do I look like a boggan to you?" She gave him a look at that, sticking out her tongue. "I'm very much a clurichaun, thank you kindly."

"Mmhmm. Got a couple different set-ups depending on where the tattoo's going to be, but yeah, pretty much."

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 4:44 am
Well! Not throwin' any shade the boggon way. No.... nooooo you don't look like a boggan. *He laughed and his tail flicked in amusement.* Wait... There were two options there. Jus' not letting them watch, or total surprise? I can get not letting them watch, though that'd make me nervous as hell. I watched mine go in, more or less.

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 4:45 am
"Done both, on a number of occassions. They come in, I get to know 'em a bit, do the reading and then design the ink and do it."

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 4:46 am
*His brows shot up* Well blow me down! -THAT- is wicked! *he leaned in conspiritorally* Has anyone been pissy once you're done? Like total freak outs or the like?

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 4:49 am
"Once, yeah." She grinned. "Did hear back from the guy about a year later, though, when he introduced me to his husband that he met 'cause of the tattoo. Thanked me up and down for it."

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 4:53 am
*He laughed and shook his head* Sounds like you almost edged into my line of work with that one...
*The aquamarine eyes flickered over to the side walk a bit and his brow arched. A guy was going against the flow and brushed past some people.

Malcolm held up a finger* Ms Cavanagh. Pardon...

*He stuck out a hoof to trip the guy as he passed. When the guy fell, Malcolm leaned forward* You seem... to have found that lady's wallet there skippy... how's a bout you return it to her all nice like. Kay?

*The young man, a bit discombobulated from his trip looked up and ... nodded slowly. Standing and making his way back over to the woman to mention she must have dropped it.

She took it, thaking him profusely and the guy cut a look to Meghan and Mal and then decided to cross the street and head the other way.

Mal leaned back and looked to her* Sorry abou that. May I call you Meghan? Or.. Meg?

You were saying, your amazing forsight and art has brought folks together? That must just have the glamour raining down like mana from heaven!

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 5:05 am
She eyed the pickpocket as Malcolm caught up with him, eyebrow arched a touch. When Malcolm came back she nodded. "No worries."

"Meghan, please. Getting called Meg always makes drives me nuts." She smiled a bit. "Couple times, yeah. I do it for the sake of the art, but I don't say no to any bennies that come from it."

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 5:06 am
*A gracious nod* Meghan it is then, please, call me Mal. *Reclining softly on the bench, one arm on the back he chuckled* Well yeah. Be silly to.

*A flicker of his fingers* You seein' anything for me? Or is it a more... Dedicated and concentrated effort?

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 5:08 am
"The latter. Need to actually get the mojo going, as it were." She smirked, looking him over. "You said you've already got some work done, though?"

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 5:12 am
Ahh right right. Didn't know how it came to you. Natural, overlay, or if it took studious concentration and mojo. Really -cool- hook though.
*He nodded* Nothing as impressive as your work I'm sure. I almost feel plebian now.

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 5:14 am
"Served me well so far." She nodded, then gave him a bit of a look. "Aw, come on...lemme see."

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 5:28 am
*Malcolm smiled a bit and raised a brow* You gonna show me yours?

*Leaning forward he rolled his shoulders and the black jacket rolled off them and he slid out of it. The truely observant may note a number of pockets on the inside but it was folded and laid between them on the bench. Hands came up and started to unbutton the shirt and then glancing around and back to her he rolled it off his shoulders, but left it tucked into the kilt at hte bottom. Turning he presented her with his shoulders and upper back. Half looking over at her to see her reaction.

There at the base of his neck, between his shoulders was a Vegvisir, done in dark black but with a sort of green leafy sworll worked into it as well*

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 5:32 am
"Mine's easier." She grinned, sliding up her shirt sleeve to show the bottom half of the tattoo sleeve underneath it; the ink continued up her arm, the design intricate and well-made.

"Ooh..." She looked over his own piece, nodding approvingly. "Good stuff, man."

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 5:37 am
*After she inspected he slid it back up and buttoned his shirt while looking at hers* As an artist yourself, I'm going to venture a guess that, the sleeve, is but one of many such works that grace that pale skinned, yet blemish free, and beautiful canvis?

*Once the shirt was buttoned back up he slid back into his jacket. Nights in the PNW could be cool.* The Vegvisir. The "sign post" or "Wayfinder". It helps to guide one through rough weather, and such. Legend goes "if this sign is carried, one will never lose one's way in storms or bad weather, even when the way is not known".

I... often need to find my way, weather or no. The way is seldom if ever known. *A good natured laugh as he adjusted the jacket to get comfortable again.*

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 5:41 am
"You would be correct. I don't show those ones off without dinner first, at least." She gave him a sly wink at that before laughing, sliding the shirt sleeve back down into place. "True...makes life more interesting that way, though."

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 5:47 am
*A laugh matched her own* Ahhh... now don't tease a lad from New England. *Chuckling he nodded* Very much intresting. For which I'm thankful. If not, life could get so boring, no?

*A hand extended and then with a deft flick of fingers a crisp card appeared. Those long fingered hands clever indeed.

The card was offered to Meghan. Should she take it she'd find it was done in nice thick cardstock. Felt good in the hand, crisp and professionally done. The dark green ink seemed to be etched -into- the stock.

"Overwatch Investigations
Private Investigator

Malcolm Joi
(Phone, Fax, Email) Around the edge was an intricate, knotwork pattern. A bit too crisp and blocky to be celtic, not quite norse, it looked more dwarven than anything, but might just be chosen to look good.*

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 5:54 am
"Very nice." Meghan smirked, taking the offered card and looking it over. After a moment she went into her pocket, pulling out a little pewter card care and popping it open. She slid his card into one side, then pulled out one of her own that had BLACKBIRD INK done in stylish block letters, a bird of the same name perched on the first B, along with the address for the studio, one number printed on the front and another one hand-written on the back. "Back one's my cell, easiest way to get a hold of me."

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 5:57 am
*His fingers gently took the card, looking over it and running a fingertip over the surface as well. Aquamarine eyes taking it in before flipping to look at the back* Thank you very much.

*He slid it into one of the many inner pockets of the jacket* I'm still getting set up here and getting a client base started, but I may have to come by and see you when I get a lil more green in the bank.

Not trying to be crass, but, how much does one of those rather impressive sessions go for? Art of your calibur can vary in price to a dramatic if not breathtaking scale.

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 6:05 am
"The special sessions usually run 200 an hour, since those can be pretty intricate. It can depend, though, depending on the size and complexity of the piece."

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 6:08 am
*he nodded and his brows went up* That's what I pull too, but expenses can eat up the over head in a heart beat.

You look like you love your work. *A gentle motion to her face. No.. to her eyes* It shines through. Your passion

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 6:10 am
"I do." She nodded with a small smile. "I lucked out in that my parents were okay with me looking into it as a career. Or, moreover, that my mom gave my dad what for when he started grumbling about it."

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 6:11 am
*A good natured chuckled* That's nice. I imagine some fathers might buck a bit.

Mine saw me coming a long way off. About... 8.. 10? *He chuckled*

Meghan Cavanagh:
11/15/2017 6:14 am
"Mine's a stock broker, so...yeah. Mom's a ballet dancer with the Met, though, so I got it from her." She smirked, then jumped a bit when the alarm on her phone went off. She flipped her sketchbook close and pulled the phone from her pocket, tapping the screen to stop the noise. "Sorry, but I've got to run. Catch ya arond, yeah?"

Malcolm Joi:
11/15/2017 6:16 am
*Malcolm raised his brows* With the Met? An impressive family all around.

*At her alarm he figured what was up and stood. Offering her his hand* A throughally enchanting meeting Meghan. It was a pleasure.

Take it easy.

*With that he reached back, took up the axe and slid the strap over one shoulder. Letting the weight settle.*