Before the Storm (Log: Anneliese, Sylvester)

The center of seattle is the home to everything from the glassy skyscrapers to historic brick buildings. Modern boutiques to flagship department stores and some of the countries hottest restaurants. This room encompass Pike Place Market, Nordstrom Flagship Store, the 6th Avenue Theater, The Shadowbox, the Benaroya Hall, the triple door and the chocolate box
Skye

Before the Storm (Log: Anneliese, Sylvester)

Post by Skye » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:54 am

[April 26]

Anneliese Gehrant:
Anneliese wasn't sure where Sy was, but she knew he wasn't at the Sept outside of the city. She sent him a text and brought her backpack and bedroll and made her way to what she now considered their building. She figured out how to get to the roof, though it was more social engineering than wall climbing, rolling out the blankets and settling to look at the sky.
Sylvester:
"You seem to enjoy this place," The wind seemed to say for just a moment. It was hard to say where it came from, but soon after Sylvester would appear - probably a vision in her peripheral unless she was particularly keen. He smiled, and said, "You were hoping to stargaze?"
Anneliese Gehrant:
She closes her eyes as she hears that whisper, breathing in deeply. She waits for him, glancing at that flash of him, though she can't see him directly. "I was missing you."
Sylvester:
"And with each passing day, I grow further and further apart I suppose," He said honestly, moving to the edge of the roof. "It will get better soon though."
Anneliese Gehrant:
She looks over at him more directly, bringing her knees to her chest and watching him. "Sometimes it seems that way." She smiles a little bit and shakes her head. "There will always be things that pull us apart."
Sylvester:
"This would be true, even if we were not both a part of the Nation. Too many paths to follow, and mine will always be my own." He smiled and watched her, before saying, "Still, while I am here, I can guide you as the spirits guide me, and help you when you need it. Be it for war, or family."
Anneliese Gehrant:
She raises a brow, studying him as she shakes her head. "Paths can connect and weave together." She smiles a little. "How do you think I need to be guided?"
Sylvester:
"Everyone needs a little guidance. How, is determined along those paths." He smiled a bit, and said, "I'm going to war again. On the mage's side, rather than on the wolves."
Anneliese Gehrant:
She stands and walks over to stand next to him, looking out at the city with him. "Are you as ready as you can be? I want to fight with you."
Sylvester:
"Not a good idea. You aren't prepared for what they have there, and having you there means that Iona and Augmund will be there - in spirit, if nothing else. Who knows, they might be there for all I know. But what we'll be facing is - in my opinion - a little tougher than a typical hive. Least there you know what to expect to a degree."
Anneliese Gehrant:
Anneliese arches a brow at him. "I get the need for privacy, I'm sure they have their own Veil, too. Why do you always have to do the biggest thing, go against the hardest thing. No matter what, your accomplishments are always going to be bigger." Her voice isn't angry or accusing, more tired. "You do realize how condescending that sounds, right?"
Sylvester:
He looked to her, and raised a brow in reply. After a moment, he said, "Does it sound condescending? No matter - whether it sounds condescending, or whether it sounds humble, it doesn't make the statement less true. It is what it is."
Anneliese Gehrant:
She shrugs, looking from him, then back to the city lights. "Is your oh so tough thing really something you have no frame of reference for? I didn't expect those insect things."
Sylvester:
He considered, and said, "Take our Sept. Our Sept holds within it, the most potent Caern this side of the Country. There are maybe ten Septs as potent as this one on the Earth. Now - imagine a place like that, but disconnected from the spiritual. Your Totems and Spiritual Allies, either useless or too far past a gauntlet so thick that it may as well be made of metal to them. Now imagine it's guarded by werewolves and kinfolk. Only, the kinfolk are all as strong as the werewolves, just a little more limited. Silver doesn't work on them, but the metals they have cut any tricks you might have down fairly effectively. They have their big guns too - things like those Centipedes, only more efficient, sturdier, smarter, and unlike the Centipedes, completely under their control."
Anneliese Gehrant:
She nods slowly. "See, that makes sense and doesn't make it sound like your head won't fit through a door. Are you sure you all don't need help?" She reaches over and wraps her arm around his waist, frowning a little.
Sylvester:
"By the nature of what it is we deal with, it's more difficult than the hive run we went through... for me. But we are equipped, and everyone has a job and a role. We're organized, and if we all fulfill our role properly... then while we might not fulfill defeating the enemy completely, we'll definitely get our tasks done. And if we do defeat the enemy completely, I'll bet you'll hear about it in the news."
Anneliese Gehrant:
Her brows furrow as she takes a deep breath. "Then I'll watch for it on the news, because it will be there. When is it?" Her arm tightens around him.
Sylvester:
"Soon. This will be our last talk before then, I suppose," He paused and said, "But... hopefully not our last talk." HE smiled.
Anneliese Gehrant:
"It won't be. If I have to ride to Valhalla and drag you back, I will." Her voice is soft and serious. "Do you have your own place in the city? Your people will want a bite to eat before they fall into bed afterward. I'm sure I can't send it to any group location. Is Aria fighting with you?"
Sylvester:
"She is a shaman, so ... yes, she is." He said, looking to her. "And we have a few places. Can't reveal them though."
Anneliese Gehrant:
She nods to him, looking up at him. "Maybe I'll have it ready at the Waypoint, then... somewhere close you can go to to recover." She shrugs and shakes her head. "If this is the last time we talk before your mission, lets talk about something else."
Sylvester:
"Alright. What do you want to talk about?" He said, smiling
Anneliese Gehrant:
She smiles back slowly. "How's your guitar? I haven't heard anything from him lately."
Sylvester:
"I try to get petunia out for when I'm doing street music and at the club. Besides that, he's fairly content. Growing in intelligence even with each passing day."
Anneliese Gehrant:
"Good, I'm glad to hear it. I miss singing with the both of you. Tell you what, when you are free, I'll bring a bottle of vodka and some food, you bring Petunia, Aria can bring something else, maybe ice cream. We can all just relax."
Sylvester:
"Sounds like a plan," Sylvester said with a grin.
Anneliese Gehrant:
She grins, staying close to him.