Getting To Know You (Cyndane, Jibril, Sylvester, Dragana)

Teaming with top notch restaurants, bars and stores: Belltown is a bustling neighborhood just north of downtown that hums with activity day and night, Doesn't matter if your searching for the brunch spot or a nightclub, Belltown is the place to be. This room encompasses Local 320, Tavolata, The Yellow Leaf Cupcake Co, Moorea Seal, Singles going steady, Olympic Sculpture park, the Jewel box theater at the Rendezvous and the Crocodile
Skye

Getting To Know You (Cyndane, Jibril, Sylvester, Dragana)

Post by Skye » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:53 am

[05/27]

Sylvester:
It was after the raid with the Technocracy. After the losses of life, and after the resurrections of others. New allies, and new enemies gained, new perspectives learned. With the attack and the war upcoming, most of the mages were given locations to remain and find shelter - safe houses, that were properly designed to assist in warding against detection.

They were not comfortable, and were not suitable chantry building locations - but they were safe enough for groups to meet up in and try to set up plans, or goals. This one in particular was a large warehouse-type area by the waterfront, the smell of the ocean saltwater strong even here.

The warehouse has a table in it, and some meager furniture. Sofa's, recliners, some fold out beds if one needed to crash, and a single cordoned area for the restrooms. It was very much designed to be that if they needed to ditch it, it could be done in an instant without having to worry too much about what was left behind.

Cyndane would be informed - by Holden likely - that the technocracy was cranking down on the mages right now, and it was a good idea to take some time to lay low while things were planned out and get to know the warriors of ascension. So she was given the number of an individual, a mundane who would take her to the safehouse if she so chose to get involved in this.

That's why Sylvester is here. Not because he needs to be, but to do his best to try to remain in contact with various mages while here. He could make a joke about random blind dates in safehouses, but it'd be a bad joke and not particularly funny. He's in charge of the spiritual defenses here though, when no one else is around to take up that job. Stocking up the area with foodstuffs, as well as various random entertainment from books, to herbs, to video games for when the geeks came to crash.
Dragana:
*To be say she had been in worse places would be a lie. Truth be told... she had not. She grew a life where she was used to the every comfort in life, and she knew it was a lie, sometimes you just had to crash where you could. Still she did not complain, at least she HAD used folded beds before. She still frowned, as they arrived to the place. She so needed to restock on things... and she was still feeling quite tired, even if now she was much more aware than she had been when they left the 'meeting'. At least it hadn't been a month this time around...*

*Still green eyes scanned the place, as she left gently the duffle bag she had carried to the battle with, where some of the bombs had been placed, where she still carried the basic emergency needs she always needed to have at hand*
Jibril Zahavi:
*Jibril actually answered the summons this time. The usually prideful mage was not so prideful at the moment. Sure he was still in his suit but he seemed more muted this time. Like something may have happened maybe it was the battle? When he entered the place he almost seemed to want to reject it at first. But he bit his tongue and hid his expression looking to Sylvester and Dragana he gave a nod to the hermetic and went towards the patio to get some fresh air.*
Cyndane Graeme:
Cyndane didn't believe in laying low, this would likely be the only time she would go to this safe house, but she recognized the wisdom of meeting the other mages in town. She brought food with her, toothpaste, toothbrushes, sure they already had blankets. She took a circuitous route walking for part of it, taking an Uber, walking more, taking an Uber further, taking a bus and walking further...aware of how to shake a tail. She knocks as directed when she arrives.
Sylvester:
As the warehouse door knocked, Sylvester looked over at Dragana, "I'll get it."

The door opened to reveal the young man. He's not average, to say the least, but most mages aren't. He's an imposing young man, maybe in his twenties - dressed in jeans and a plain black t-shirt. At his side was a small pouch - herbs and the like there. On his hand was a single ring. For the most part, his attire is plain, but he himself is what's impressive - blond hair, an almost feral bearing, and the sharpest ice cold eyes. While he was wearing a shirt that did a good job of covering up his physical form, the scar on his neck - the one which looked like he'd been mauled by a large bear at one point - was incredibly hard to hide. He looks to her, and then says, "You must be Cyndane. Been expecting you. Come on in."

He motions, and then said, "Your going to have to forgive the spartan area. This is one of what I'm told is a decoy safehouse. Good for meetings with people of unknown elements, and decent for vetting as well. Since your not, you know, a member of the club at the moment the other, more proper areas are off limits. I'm Sylvester."
Dragana:
*She had chose a place to sit. Feeling still exhausted, even if she was back in her normal self. And when Jibril had arrived he had nodded his way, as she noeeded to Sy this time, standing up as he did* I shall prepare some tea *frowning as she had not though about it beforehand, nothing to do, just get water to boil*

*Herself, when the new Mage entered, was rather something of oposites. Fiery red hair was held on a tail, falling down the rest of the way in curls. Green eyes seeming to just look out intently, despite her exhaustation, she moved with moved with purpose and determination, and it showed in the fire that seemed to hide behind those eyes. Also she was quite petite, about 5' give or take, wearing simple baclk cargos, and a deep gray shirt and combat boots... for once the air around her didn't seem about to flare, even if it felt warm*
Jibril Zahavi:
*Jibril all told did the same. Being whom he was, he was paranoid. He went through different means of getting here just to be safe including cleansing himself. Hearing the door open and the introduction.. He furrowed a brow entering from the patio. The attractive man looked like he dealt in business with the suit he wore. If one was in business technologies they may even recognize him. His eyes fell upon Cyndane curiously giving her a polite nod. But he was not going to divulge much more than a name.* "I am Jibril a pleasure to mee tyou Cyndane."
Cyndane Graeme:
She shrugs at him, her lips curving up a bit as she walks in. Her dark hair curves down her back to her behind, thick and silken. A velvet tank dress covers her to her ankles, or it would if there weren't slits up both thighs. She'd be almost as short as Dragana if she weren't wearing heeled boots that go up to her knees. A waist cincher nips in her waist as she closes the door behind her quickly. Amusement dances in her eyes. "I'm fine with spartan. I've been in worse." She holds up the two large cloth bags. "I bring offerings of food, though, I wasn't sure how much fresh would be here. Yes, I'm Cyndane. You can call me Min. Where should I put this?" She smiles at Jibril. "A pleasure to meet you, Suit."
Sylvester:
"Your chiminage is greatly appreciated. Have a seat, and we'll prepare a meal. I think that the people in charge of the group are hoping that we'll get to know you a bit better. Do the regular vetting process for each individual. Both of you, actually." He motioned between the two of them, and then said, "Also to make sure you are alright at the moment and aware of the going ons in the city that you need to be aware of."
Dragana:
*Once the water was set she did move where she would be able to talk without having to raise her voice, grene eyes taking Cyndane in* Pleasure to make your acquantance Miss... do you have a last name Cyndane? *as she then simply added* I'm Dragana, Dragana, Elaine Margarett Gray Oriole Cromwell bani Flamebeau, Feuerseele, Liquid Fire Sword, Phoenix Bringer and Tongue of the Forgotten. * a stop as she simply added, used to what other Magi from other Tradition got from that full of an intoduction* you may adress me as Dragana.
Jibril Zahavi:
*He looked at her food. Then to Sylvester smirking a little.* "Suits are nice to wear especially professionally tailored ones. Happens to be I could not get to my replacement wardrobe so I guess I'll just have to deal with the suit." *He looks to Dragana but still doesn't divulge his tradition.* "I'm open to discussions if needed. I don't know much about the Vetting process."
Cyndane Graeme:
She raises her brows at Sy's terminology. She shrugs a bit, handing over the bags and sits down on a cot, resting her hands on the opposite edge behind her, her lips curving. She tilts her head. "I'm happy to help." She glances at Dragana and grimaces slightly. "Graeme, but I rarely use it. I'm Cult of Ecstasy." She draws out the last word, licking red lips as her aqua eyes glance back at Jibril
Sylvester:
He looked between the two of them, and then said, "It's a matter of discussion, trust, and other things. A lot of the people in charge have the final say on who does and who does not benefit from the resources the chantry has to offer - and yes, even in this state it still has much to offer. Dragana is closer to the Chantry than I am, but we are both members - so we're going to take the time to know you. Talk over tea. Once we get to know you and have discussions, what is done from there will be up to the rest of us - but we'll take what we get and our thoughts on you to the others."
Dragana:
*An eyebrow lifted as the woman elongated her Tradition, like if that would make it more significant, she would insist, but herself did not use much her name or last name,yet she simply said* Very well... Miss Cyndane *Her voice carrying a perfect, high class British English, she looked to Sylvester as he explained the meeting, not adding more as there was nothing else to add just now*
Jibril Zahavi:
*Jibril actually wasn't a bad looking individual either he noticed Cyndane looking at him. And he gives her another nod he doesn't sit down though he leans against the wall putting his hands in his pockets.* "Well I suppose I should give the rest of it. Though I would like to know more of Sylvster, just in an introductory capacity. I'm Jibril Zahavi, Taftani."
Cyndane Graeme:
She turns those aqua eyes back on Sylvester, studying him. "For the record, I never asked for anything from anyone." She looks back at Dragana and smiles a bit again. "Pleased to meet you, Dragana." Jibril barely gets a glance at all this time. "So. What's for dinner?"
Sylvester:
The young man watched Cyndane, and said, "That sounds like a poor way to live. If you never ask anyone for anything, how do you learn? Grow? Survive? One can only take so many steps on their own, before they realize that they need guidance to move forward." He looked over to Dragana, and said, "Want me to cook, or will you be doing it tonight?"

Sylvester then looked over at Jibril, a moment of confusion passing over his eyes, before saying, "I have already given you my complete introduction once before Jibril, before we went into battle. What else do you want to know?"
Dragana:
*A nod was given to Cyndane at the greeting, polite, before she looked to Sylvester* I will handel it *it would do her good to keep busy, and center her. So she moved to do just so* Though you will all have to do with just Earl Green Tea, I will stock this place properly later. *as she moved to check what it is it was there, to cook* We shall have... oh I can actually do spagetti wiht some meat
Jibril Zahavi:
"Indeed, the world is in exchange, we all ask for something whether we like it or not. In the end the food we eat is an exchange even an introduction is. We need to exchange to survive. Some say to thrive. I do agree with that assessment." *He looks to Sylvester.* "Oh well I know you are dreamspeaker, but I was wondering your specialty? In case I wished to make an exchange myself in knowledge of the magical arts."
*Looking to Dragana.* "When the tea is ready I can pour and serve it if you wish." *It is odd it seems the prideful taftani had perfect tact when it came to serving others. He seemed rather endearing about helping as well.*
Cyndane Graeme:
She blinks at Sylvester's words, then bursts out laughing and shakes her head at the two men. "Thank you for the perspective, but I meant here, the chantry, the city. Okay, I lied, I think I asked for a glass of water the other day." She smiles at Dragana, amusement still dancing in her eyes. "Spaghetti sounds wonderful, thank you. I'll be fine with water."
Sylvester:
Sylvester blinked at Jibril, and then said, "Specialty? I don't particularly have one. I have learned a good number of arts, in my time. Most, however, who wish to learn from me usually do so to learn the ways to deal with spirituality, usually because of my place as a member of the Society of Dreams."

He looked to Cyndane, and then said, "Either way. You may have asked nothing yet, but that does not mean there is a lack of wisdom to be found in being a part of the Chantry. After all - there will be a time when you need something, and unfortunately in this city it will belong to -someone-. Nevertheless, you will need it - either to take it from it's owner, or to be borrowed. As a member of the Traditions, you already have people here with similar views upon the universe as you. Would you rather remain distant and independent, yet unable to call on their help if you need it, or independent yet acknowledged enough to expect their assistance, and they yours?"
Dragana:
*She just nodded, leting Sy do the talking, that boy had a way to really get people talking all. And looked to Jibril* that would do, thank you *moving to start the cooking*
Jibril Zahavi:
"Good to know thank you" *Wit that he nods to Dragana and goes to get cups for the tea.*
Cyndane Graeme:
"I understand the wisdom of it, I'm just saying, I never came to the city to ask for anything. I don't have my hand out. As for assistance, there's no guarantee that I should expect it, no matter my status. My preference doesn't really matter. I'm slow to let people close in the best of circumstances, anyway.
Sylvester:
Sylvester considered that statement, before saying, "You never asked for anything. You don't have your hand out. If that's the case, why are you here? Were you forced to come? Do you have to stay? If you don't want anything, then why are we talking - if not to make connections and ties with the local Tradition mages?"
Jibril Zahavi:
*Jibril hums thoughtfully a different tune as he pours the tea and the water. When completed he serves Cyndane first. Then Sylvester setting tea for Dragana and then sitting his his own cup himself.*
Cyndane Graeme:
She raises her brows at the order Jibril serves in, though her attention remains on Sylvester. "I never said I was opposed to making connections. I said I didn't come here begging for something like Oliver Twist. Look, I think we may have the wrong impression of eachother. If all of you want me to go, just be straight forward and tell me that. I'm a big girl, I'll be fine. I am trying to do the right thing here, but if you don'twant me here, I'll finish my gallery showing and go home, no harm, no foul."
Sylvester:
Sylvester thought about that, and then said, "You put so much emphasis on that. As though the idea of being percieved as having asked for anything is somehow a bad thing. Why? This is literally the process of magic - to Ask, in whatever way you do so. If one does not ask, one does not gain, one does not enforce their will. By claiming such, you are claiming yourself to be little better than the Sleepers outside. Complacent in doing things the way they will come, never seeking beyond what you have. Do you not ask to change the world around you, every day?"

"Do you worry that if it is believed you asked of something, that you will be felt that you owe something?"
Jibril Zahavi:
"Inveresely on the side of things Miss Cyndane, I would suggest you do make ties here. I understand you will make your own choices. But as to a word to the wise. There are things in the city you don't know about that your life can depend on knowing. So I would consider at least hearing that out if you chose to go. I do not believe anyone is going to Kick you out we are simply trying to learn more about each other."
Cyndane Graeme:
She presses her lips together, taking a slow, deep breath. "I say it, because I came to the city for completely mundane reasons and then I get treated as if I am trying to mastermind an invasion. I understand you have been under attack. I would have fought if you weren't still vetting me, though that is immaterial now. There is always a tit for tat, Sylvester. I am not going to jump in with asking for favors when I'm a stranger. Yes, I do believe if I ask of the people here, I will be expected to return the favor." She looks at Jibril, her voice growing colder. "Thank you for your advise and leadership. It means a lot from such a trusted member of this chantry."
Sylvester:
"Well - perhaps the reason for that is that you -didn't- ask anything before coming in?" Sylvester said, tilting his head. "I mean, if you go into someone else's territory, and don't bother figuring out who is in charge, or alerting them and asking for safe passage in their domain, it is only natural to be treated with suspicion, especially in a war-torn zone such as this. Whether your purpose here was mundane or not, you are not mundane - that should be done no matter where you go."

He watched her, and said, "Make no mistake - I am not asking you to leave. It isn't my place, for one, and for me to do so would be to disrespect those who -do- have a right to the area. But I do find this conversation quite interesting, if only because it seems important to you."

He looked to both of them, and said, "To a point: What is it that you want? Both of you. What do you seek?"
Jibril Zahavi:
*He rose a brow at Cyndane but he got the message looking back to Sylvester.* "I came here to fight the deceivers, It is what my tradition does. We try to preserve the ways and wonders of magic. Not having to go completely scientifically based but having a wave of the hand. The passion, The speaking of spirits. The wonders of magic. The wonder of the world is slowly dying due to the decievers. And that harms us all. To that point. My mentor was found and killed by them. So I came here to give you the information so that I could aid in avenging him. I would seek to continue this tie if possible though I'm not of the traditions, I believe I can be of aid for my magic is rather supplimental until I can learn to defend myself with other spheres."
Cyndane Graeme:
"As I've said before, I didn't know there was a presence here. My point is that I am not trying to be a drain. I am not trying to take something that I don't deserve. As I said, I'm aware it's a time of war and that's fine. I am emphasizing all of this because we seem to be covering the same ground over and over." She sighs and shakes her head, her weight still on her hands. "I want to have my show in peace. If we can figure things out, then there are things I'd like to learn, to help with, but there has to be some bit of trust first. If Sleepers are second class citizens according to your people, if I'm no better than them because I want to be on even footing before I even think about what I could maybe get from you, then maybe this isn't the right place for me."
Sylvester:
He listened to the two very, very different desires and considered quietly as he did. He looked to Jibril, and then said, "I can work with that, and see what can be done to help you achieve your goals. With that in mind, there are some details and concerns I have with you I'd like to hash out later, in private."

He looked to Cyndane, and then said, "First: No, you didn't say before that you didn't know there was an awakened presence here. Not to me anyways. Did you check with your Tradition before coming into the city? Second: Who, exactly, told you that Sleepers were a second class citizen according to 'my people'? Third, and Final: If all you wish is to have your show in peace, is there any reason you wouldn't be able to?"
Jibril Zahavi:
*Jibril was was hiding something but nothing sinister in the least. Most someone might pick out from him is a weathered demeanor. Like someone who had been through a great deal of emotion recently. He kept a keen facade up however in the ideal of being polite.* "Certainly Whenever you like Sylvester. I'm amicable."
Cyndane Graeme:
"No. Not to you, but yes, to your people. I would have thought they would have completely informed you what had gone on before, I'm sorry that I went on that assumption." She presses her lips together again. "You said that some of what I was saying seemed little better than Sleepers, that infers a thought of less than. Third, I was asked to make nice, or leave... so I am trying to meet people, to learn about people and trying to build relationships so that I am able to stay for the rest of the show."
Sylvester:
"Assume I'm a different person then, and no one that you've dealt with before. I know for a fact I'm a different tradition, with different values and goals. As far as second class citizens, no - they are people. Because they do not have our abilities, does not stop making them people. But if you ask for nothing, if you enforce your will not, then you may as well be a Sleeper, because you are not working your Will to it's full potential. Finally, if your intent is to leave once the show is complete, a time frame for that show would be more appropriate so that the group knows how long you intend to be around. Unless you intended to stay indefinitely, establishing connections with the awakened is only as important as informing them of your presence and intent."
Jibril Zahavi:
*Jibril was attentive but he remained quiet for the moment. He did get up take empty glasses to the kitchen. Other than that he took a seat by the TV. And let them speak. Unless Cyndane grew horns and threw fell fire balls for example at the world. Jibril would let them finish the conversation without further input.*
Cyndane Graeme:
She studies him for a moment before she takes a breath. "Well, I'm glad to hear your opinion. I came intending on just the show. I found out that you are under attack and I don't have a lot holding me in New York permanently, therefore, I am open to being here on a more permanent basis."