What Was Lost [Log: Kelvin, Persephone]

QuicksilverFox85

What Was Lost [Log: Kelvin, Persephone]

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:05 am

Date: 7/16/2018

Kelvin
It was an odd feeling, mourning someone that you didn't know but that you knew you SHOULD know, that a version of you raised and brought up in a war-torn world but kept safe as best as you could. Nonetheless, when the young man who came through from that forgotten time was laid to rest Kelvin was there, paying his respects and thinking of what he knew about the man who had been his father.

As the ceremony finished the Chorister stood, taking a breath and letting it out slowly before looking over to Persephone to see how she was doing at that moment.

Persephone
She was quiet, dressed in a green silk dress. She watched the situation with curiosity at best, then looked to him and offered him a little smile. She reached a hand out for him.

Kelvin
Kelvin took the offered hand and gave it a small squeeze, looking around to see if anything else needed to be done before the two were able to leave. Assuming they were he started to head back towards the car, remaining quiet for the moment.

Persephone
She did stop, and watched the grave. He felt a bit of magic in the air as the turned over dirt grew flowers and grass. Then she turned and walked with him, respecting his silence

Kelvin
Kelvin paused when Persephone did, smiling quietly when he saw the flowers. He leaned over to whisper "They look nice" on the way to the car, opening the door for her once they were there before getting into the driver's side.

Persephone
"thank you" She said and once at the car she slipped into the seat, pulled the seat belt over her lap. "are you okay?

Kelvin
"Yes and no." He buckled in, sitting for a moment before turning the engine. "I'm glad we were able to put him to rest, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. That and the whole thing of not knowing him, but knowing that a part of me should." He looked over to her at that. "If that makes sense."

Persephone
"Kind of" she said "but ultimately you have to realize thats your son. Look at it as, you found out he existed after he died. Not that he was another time line and wasnt from me....because like it or not, he existed" She said softly

Kelvin
"That's about how I'm looking at it." He nodded slowly, taking a breath before pulling the car on the road and getting them rolling homeward. "And yeah, he did. May not have been the happiest life, but I know that I tried. Best you can do, really."

Persephone
She nodded slowly "If he was from the time line your from, you would have loved him and kept him safe. You cant help this"

Kelvin
"I know." He went quiet a moment, taking her hand in his when traffic allowed it and giving it a small squeeze. "You up for heading back over to Breandon's to see the kids, assuming Rachel doesn't need us for setting up the chantry?"

Persephone
She blinked "us right, not just me?" She said looking over at him as he gave her hand a squeeze "cause your not getting red of me;

Kelvin
"Us, yes." He looked back to her with a small smirk. "Call it part of that 'trying to surprise you more often' thing."

Persephone
She laughed "alright, yeah we can go visit the kids, I miss them" She squeezed his hand back "been a while"

Kelvin
"I do too, and it has been." He nodded, giving her hand one more quick squeeze before returing his back to the steering wheel. "Getting some us time in general isn't a bad thing, either."

Persephone
"No, but we have kind of gotten a lot of us time in. And until we get the new chantry up...i dont think we have a home to bring them to"

Kelvin
"Not yet, no. Far as I know, though, they're still on the part of things that it's mostly Arcs at the moment. Can check when we get back."

Persephone
"Sounds like a good plan" She grinned and leaned back looking out the window. She was quiet for a long while and said "What was his name?"

Kelvin
"James." He nodded quietly. "His name was James."

Persephone
She nodded slowly at that. "Well your son was very handsome and favored you a lot. I will go back and keep his flowers in bloom in the right seasons"

Kelvin
"Thank you. Maybe I can help, if I focus my studies that way for a bit."

Persephone
She nodded "You do need to learn more life and I do need to learn more matter. I think a life shield is a bit obvious ..if you didnt notice" She chuckled "Italso hurt a bit"

Kelvin
"I've still got a second tier grasp of it, so I'm not a complete slouch..."

"Just a little, and I noticed." He smirked, sitting up a little straighter in his seat. "Definitely effective, though."

Persephone
"It was, yes. Audrey seemed very content to literally get under my skin" She chuckled and sighed "I dont want to have to do that agian"

Kelvin
"I don't want you to, either." He nodded, sparing her a quick glance. "Willing to help on the Matter front, if I can."

Persephone
She curled up against him and closed her eyes. "We will just ask Miles to open a portal when we get back?"

Kelvin
"That was my thoughts, yeah. Think Rachel can spare us for a couple days." When the traffic allowed he leaned over a touch, kissing the top of her head lightly. "Love you, Kat."

Persephone
She nodded "think she can" she smiled at what he said "Love you too Jacob"