A Lesson Learned [Log: Jeremiah, Madeline]

Against a backdrop of jaw dropping scenery, the waterfront is all about the walk-able fun: there are quirky shops, seafood eateries (of course) and the iconic express. This room encompasses Elliots Oyster House, Ye old Curiosity shop, Seattle Great Wheel, Washington state Ferries, Argosy Cruises and Wings over Washington.
QuicksilverFox85

A Lesson Learned [Log: Jeremiah, Madeline]

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:16 am

Set imemdiately after Curious Dinner Conversations

Jeremiah Hamilton
There was some time between the debacle of a dinner with Samandriel and Orion and when Madeline would wake up, and Jeremiah spent the majority of it resting on the bed beside his lady love, the conversation replaying in the back of his mind. The saying went that hindsight was twenty-twenty and it proved to be quite true in this case, the errors in conduct he had made clear as crystal. Thankfully things had been resolved somewhat peacefully, but there was still a faux pas to make up for...

Madeline LaCourt
Her eyes fluttered open and she said softly "I can feel you brooding...." She turned those dark blue eyes to him and offered a smile

Jeremiah Hamilton
"That palpable, is it?" He looked over to Madeline with a small smile, leaning over to give her usual 'morning' kiss. "I made a proper ass of myself with an ally this afternoon, and I was thinking over how to make amends when she is amiable to such things."

Madeline LaCourt
She kissed him back and then sat up. She stretched "You dont often make a ass of yourself, what happen?"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"I allowed my want of sharing knowledge to an interested party to override proper decorum and overstepped my bounds as a guest of the host, who had the primary duties of teaching her oathbound what she thought was fitting for him to know." He smiled a touch, although it was a wry, bitter thing. "Considering what happened the first time you'd think I would have reigned that in, but apparently not."

Madeline LaCourt
There was a slow nod from her "Yeah, that drew enough attention didnt it?" She said leaning in to kiss the side of his mouth "How do you intend on making amends?"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"That it did. And tonight won't help matters much either. She got rather wroth with me, and rightly so, after I took an off-handed comment she made about you seriously rather than the joke she intended it to be and stuck my foot in things quite firmly." The wry smirk lingered as he shook his head. "The lesson has been firmly learned, however."

He sighed quietly, returning the kiss before sliding an arm around her shoulders. "I'm still figuring that out, admittedly. I asked her to contact me when she was willing to speak on the matter, so I have some time yet."

Madeline LaCourt
"What was the joke?" She asked curiously. There was a nod "Your people as proud as vampires? Cause they will wait centuries to get back at you..."

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Swapping you for her beau as far as teaching went. It took a moment for what she said to parse and I took it seriously enough to get a bit angry myself because of that, but after a moment I realized what she meant. When she made a comment about my lack of humor I countered that there were some things I didn't joke about and you were one of them. That, combined with the overstep that I had already made, set her off properly."

"We can be, yes." He nodded quietly. "I...think she may be amiable to a proper apology, however."

Madeline LaCourt
She lay back down and turned towards him, a hand moving to rest on his thigh. "Im a little confused to the content and all" She said.

"So. She got mad because you stepped on her toes, when she joked about swapping us out for teaching you got mad, which made her more mad and now you think she might be amiable to a proper apology....Jeremy what happen to this teaching. What, happen with this friend. Tell me everything cause right now im incredibly confused"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Apologies for confusing you, then." He shook his head quietly. "The oathbound in question was Ryan, the one I spoke of before who had the information I had given him, along with the memory of the majority of out conversations, removed for the safety of the freehold. He was sworn under a new oath that would allow him to retain any new knowledge he gained while under it, but as I was not the holder of that oath I overstepped my bounds when I answered a question he asked that Samandriel not-so-subtly hinted that I should leave alone. After that faux pas I acquiesced to her request to leave his teaching to her but offered my assistance if she wished it; it was then that she made the joke about us swapping our respective oathbound, and my response to that was what set her off, and rightfully so."

Madeline LaCourt
"So she offered to switch to teach?" Her brows came together cause that made no sense, then she blinked and said "You over stepped accounting. The kindred, we have a law. Accounting, the person who holds a regency" She motioned between them "Or a sires a child. Its their duty to see to their teaching and anything they do that is wrong comes back on the regent/Sire. ....in my society, its a fairly huge breach. But from what it sounds like, you also told the man too much. Which in my society, would be the Masquerade, allowing someone not part of our society information that, say, I am a vampire and other information. That about right? The fact you know I am a vampire, havent really taken my blood and I have no actual intent on embracing you, will get me killed most likely. Unless...its cleaned up and then I would either put under thrall or owe a life debt to whomever cleaned it up. I ..am curious. If it was like a masquerade breach. What was the punishment?"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"It's something similar, yes." He nodded quietly at that. "When I spoke to him of what I did, I thought he was already oathed and trusted him with the information besides. It was deemed too much for him to know, however, so everything that he had learned of us while he was not enchanted was removed; that included our more mundane conversations as well, as the subjects often intertwined."

"That was his payment for what had occurred; for her own indiscretion in not oathing him properly in the first place she was apparently held in the Citadel for a time, although I don't know how long. I received no official sanction, as I did not know that he had not been oathed, but I know you've seen how out of sorts the matter left me. I could have killed a man I consider a friend, which is a rarity as you know, if our Duchess had felt it was an appropriate course of action."

Madeline LaCourt
"Sounds like you could have gotten one of yours killed too. I think that your proper apology better be huge especially if you , the one who gave the information was not punished but she was. Right or wrong, that never sits well with a person" She reached up and poked him gently

Jeremiah Hamilton
He nodded, smirking a touch at the light poke before giving her a gentle hug with the arm he had around her shoulders. "Indeed. I'll think of something."

"Do you have anything planned for the evening? I have some further searching to do about the issue with the huntress, although I may wait until tomorrow; after what I was shown today I don't want to push the Fates too hard or too quickly."

Madeline LaCourt
"Yeah cause. I would be unforgiving if that happentd to us love" She said and nods

"Yeah, I think you should take a break. I just planned on spending time with you, ONCE you let me up to get a bath and all"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Sounds good." He nodded, leaning in for a light kiss on her cheek before moving his arm to let her up. "Care for me to join you?"

Madeline LaCourt
She slipped out of bed and grinned over at him "Never mind being next to you and the tub is big enough for both of us. And, maybe between my touch and the hot water you will relax a little"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"One can hope." He replied with a small but warm smile, sliding to the end of the bed and getting onto his feet. "Your presence has always been a comforting one."

Madeline LaCourt
"And if you ask nicely, ill sing while I hold you in the water" She said with a widening smile before disappearing into that bathroom

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Mmm...that would be lovely." He chuckled softly, following her into the bathroom and closing the door behind them.

After that...well, that would be telling.