Keeping Things Light [Log: Aria, Jeremiah]

Just east of Downtown you can find colorful urban scenes where many streets boast a metropolitan buzz and others emanate a tree lined residential calm This the cities LGBTQ hub, but visitors are locals of all sorts flock to Capital Hill. This room encompasses Station 7, Castia International, Elliot Bay Book Company, Volunteer Park, Rock Box, Neumos, Century Ballroom, and Sun liqure
QuicksilverFox85

Keeping Things Light [Log: Aria, Jeremiah]

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:33 am

Jeremiah Hamilton
It had been...quite a week, to put it lightly, and he thus was looking forward to this afternoon's session more than usual. As per usual the sidhe was waiting in the gallery portion of the club, dressed neatly in a pair of black jeans and a white t-shirt with his hair slicked back a bit, giving him a bit of a old-school greaser air on this particular afternoon.

Aria
*she had been... actually bored, with Sy not being around and him not letting her go see Suli alone and the fact that she KNEW that was for his safety, thusly why she complied.... well she had had to keep busy, doing things around the Sept, and keeping her Music up... a girl had to find the good things in life. SO she was actually looking forward to this session too.

She moved on to the place and then to the gallery, dressed as she would when not performing, cargo pants, boots, and a shirt under a jacket, her hair pulled off her face on a pony tail.*

Jeremiah Hamilton
Jeremiah smiled warmly as Aria made her way inside, giving her a nod. "Good afternoon. Things going well, I hope?"

Aria
*She did smile, this was, after all, like an oasis... well most of the time, and wrinkled her nose* little etnic, but ok, yourself? *going all the way to where he was* how things have been going?

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Also hectic, but nothing I can't handle." He smirked, waiting until she was beside him before heading down towards the main part of the club. "Glad to hear you're doing alright, though."

Aria
*she nods* You know.. I do would like one day grab Life by the horns and tell her... seriously? enough, behave or out with the horns! *she grinned though as she said that, following him along*

Jeremiah Hamilton
"That would be nice, although one must admit it could also get somewhat boring, and I know neither of us do boring particularly well." He chuckled lightly, moseying towards the stage as they got into the club proper and offering her a hand up as per usual. "Anything in particular you feel like playing today, or any new pieces you've been workiing on?"

Aria
*a little pff* yea, you are right *do taking the offered hand, and humming* I can't say I have been very onto doing new things... unless you take me unraveling old Disney moves and giving them new letters just to have something to do.... *then a pause* no... don't think that counts at all

Jeremiah Hamilton
"I'd say it counts. Taking existing material and seeing what you can extract from it for something new is never a bad thing." Once she was up on the stage he moved to take a seat at the piano, scooting over to give her room beside him.

Aria
*and she sat, wrinkling her nose* but those are just embarassing and mostly aimed to amuse me by annoying Sy...

Jeremiah Hamilton
"It is still making something new, though, even if it's for your own amusement." He smiled, turning to look her over. "That can be one of the best reasons to work on something new, admittedly. Dispel the wicked talons of boredom and whatnot."

Aria
hummm...*she still wrinkled her nose* maybe... but I am sooo not singing those outside home *blushing somewhat*

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Not even for me?" Oh, the puppy dog eyes came out in full force at that, and damn were they impressive. "You wound me, madame."

Aria
*She blinks, blinks.... gamn it... THAT was worse that pictureing Sully doing it! she bit her lower lip* but... be warned... they ARE for teasing my brother....

Jeremiah Hamilton
He smiled as she acquiesed to the power of the pout, motioning to the piano in an 'after you' sort of fashion. "I'll keep that in mind."

Aria
*She huffed at him, good naturedly though, and did settle next to him on the piano... sighed.... and started to play 'Kiss the Girl from Little Maremaid...' Just instead of going with the original lines, she was all about ... look at her... she is fainting right there... and someone is going to catch her if you don't hurry.... and ... well something alike*

Jeremiah Hamilton
Jeremiah remained quiet as she played, his smile growing at the new lyrics. He had a good solid chuckle going by the end, giving a proper round of applause as she finished. "That...was excellent."

Aria
*oooh.. she blushed, REAL time, all tomato, shaking her head* it was just for a tease *smilling though

Management:
Aria has rolled an char 3 *perf 3 roll (6 dice), getting 10, 3, 10, 8, 9, 5, 2, 5, with a difficulty of 4 on a 10 sided die. Aria has 6 successes.

Jeremiah Hamilton
Tease or not, the Glamour that had come from the performance was a heady thing indeed, the clock winding back just a touch as the curse on his house was sent back to the shadows once again. "Nonetheless, that was very well done. Bravo."

Aria
*she just blushed more, shaking her head, awkward as always*

Jeremiah Hamilton
"You're positively crimson at the moment..." Jeremiah chuckled, smiling warmly. "There's no need to be embarrassed for showcasing your talent, even if it's in so-called frivolous ways."

Aria
yea but....*she fiddled a little with the keys* I don't know... mean I'm always doing those kind of things to botther Sy... and *she smiles, oi! going MORE red as she realizes he is also mentioning how red she is!, then she just shakes her head at herself* IT... I don't know *she just smiles*

Jeremiah Hamilton
"The important thing is following that urge to continue making something new. As long as you keep that spark alive, nothing will be able to stop you."

Aria
hum... well on that front... I don't think I'm in danger... I'm always making up silly songs *she smiles sheepishly*

Jeremiah Hamilton
"A very good thing, that. A bit of levity in the right moments can do wonders, especially when things are a little hectic."

Aria
*she smiles* well... life has to have fun parts, right?

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Indeed." Jeremiah nodded with a smile. "And if life doesn't provide them, one must make them."

Aria
Well of course... else we would be all gloomy grandpas sitting in mummy coffins

Jeremiah Hamilton
He paused for a moment, chuckling as that particular image settled in his mind. "Now that is quite a mental image..."

Aria
*She grins* glad you liked it

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Quite welcome. The thought of a group of dour old gentlemen sitting around waiting for something interesting to happen rather than doing it themselves is an amusing one." He smirked a touch. "I always make a point of trying to shake things up and keep them interesting, though, and enjoy the little things."

Aria
*Nods* though you are not quite dour, or old *she grins*

Jeremiah Hamilton
"True, but that's because I try not to be." If only she knew how much work he'd put into that... "Being young at heart can take some work from time to time."

Aria
*she humms, tilting her head* Well.. if I ever see you get grump... I'll drag you around to do silly stuff, ok?

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Sounds like a plan, and I offer the same to you in kind." He smiled warmly. "Just give me a call and I'll be there."

Aria
*She nods, looking to him* thank you *her eyes just a tad serious at that, but still smilling, mean everyone needed someone to remding them to be silly from time to time, it was good to have friends to do so*

Jeremiah Hamilton
"You're quite welcome. It's the least I can offer to a dear friend."

Aria
*That made her smile more.. and actually do a really fast, gentle hug*

Jeremiah Hamilton
The fact that she was the one initiating the hug for a change earned a blink of surprise but it passed after a moment, the sidhe smiling as he returned the hug gladly. "Now...let's get back to the music, shall we?"

Aria
*she nods, smiling* your turn to pick something!