Searching for the Sword [Attn: Fairfolk]

Against a backdrop of jaw dropping scenery, the waterfront is all about the walk-able fun: there are quirky shops, seafood eateries (of course) and the iconic express. This room encompasses Elliots Oyster House, Ye old Curiosity shop, Seattle Great Wheel, Washington state Ferries, Argosy Cruises and Wings over Washington.
QuicksilverFox85

Searching for the Sword [Attn: Fairfolk]

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:09 pm

Jeremiah Hamilton
Appearance 5 (Byronic) | Voice of the Songbird | Soul of the Muse | Title 2 | Status | Nightmare: 2/10 | Imbalance: 1/5
It was early morning, after the daysleep had taken Madeline but before his own retirement for the 'night', when Jeremiah moved quietly to the writing desk in the living room and pulled a notebook from within one of the drawers along with a pencil and a folding knife. His eyes were on the pencil as he used the blade to sharpen it but his mind was elsewhere, focused on what he knew of the conflict that had brought the attention of the huntress to the city's Kindred at large. Finding any additional information on those who caused the assault would be a solid opening to the conversation with the woman that was to come, and he knew that he would need any smidgen of an advantage that he could get at this point.

Once the writing implement was sharpened to his liking the sidhe turned his attention to the notebook, placing pencil to paper and lightly tracing a circle in the top corner of the page as he reached out to the Dan for guidance. He didn't yet know if there had been any survivors of her wrath, but if there were being able to deliver them - or at least information on them - may be enough to let her welcome the idea of keeping her focus on the Sword rather than the Tower.

Omen:
quicksilverfox85 Jeremiah Hamilton Omen (Nightmare 7 + WP) 7 (No Rerolls) (Ones Botch) 10 4 8 10 5 10 1 Success! (3) 08/09/18 12:30:46 PM

Difficulty: ? (Base 8 - Bunk ?)
Successes: 5, assuming Diff 4 or higher
Successes w/ WP: 6, assuming Diff 4 or higher

Nightmare Gained: 3
Imbalance Gained: 1
Current Nightmare: 2

QuicksilverFox85

Re: Searching for the Sword [Attn: Fairfolk]

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:42 am

STess
Words where not written when he was done, but drawn. The first drawing was of a sword, with a shadow. The second drawing was the sword splitting in two with two shadows. The third the sword twisted into something nightmarish, the shadow stayed the same. The forth drawing had what looked like a Arch bishops hat on the shadow, the twisted sword seemed to impale someone, the shadow of the sword split into long straight lines with people impaled on them in shadow.

Management:
Jeremiah Hamilton has rolled an Int 4 + Enigmas 3 (+WP) roll (7 dice), getting 6, 5, 8, 7, 8, 3, 6, with a difficulty of 7 on a 10 sided die. Jeremiah Hamilton has 3 successes. This roll did not use the 10-again rule. Ones subtracted from the successes of this roll.

Jeremiah Hamilton
When the Dan released its hold on him Jeremiah sat back in his chair to get a look at what had come from the reading, blinking in surprise as he saw the drawings rather than the words he had expected. "Well then..."

He set the pencil down and picked up the notebook, looking over each drawing curiously. The movement of the shadows in the fourth drawing in particular was familiar from the battle with Lucas and his companions, but the rest was intriguing to say the least.

STess
The first thing he thought upon seeing this was likely 'wtf' but as he continued to look at it he figured that the one with the hat was about the level of Arch Bishop in the Catholic church, fairly powerful.

The second, something to do with Vlad the Impaler and twisted as fuck.

So two, appeared to survive. But without further information about vampires in general he realized he would not be able to go much further in this.

Jeremiah Hamilton
While he quickly realized that he wouldn't be able to get far by himself, the sidhe did take the time to make notes of his initial thoughts on what the images may depict beside them before closing the notebook and sliding it into the desk drawer rather than putting it back onto the shelf. The rest would have to wait for the evening when Madeline was awake; with any luck, she would be able to offer more insight.

STess
Funny that, as he looked up he noted the sun had gone down. And if he looked at his phone it had tinged until it turned itself off

Jeremiah Hamilton
That was...curious indeed, although not unknown to happen; the Pythia's touch often make time a fleeting thing. Thankfully he hadn't had any pressing engagements that day...

He stood up from the desk with a wince, lifting his arms above his head to help stretch out his back; the set of fireworks that followed made his eyes cross briefly, shaking his head once it had settled to clear it. The phone was pocketed and he made his way towards the bedroom, peeking his head in to check on Madeline.

Madeline
She was not in bed, and the bed was made.

The door to the bathroom was open and he could see the steam coming out of it as well as the light, scented candles. She was probably soaking in the hot tub.

Jeremiah Hamilton
There was a brief pause when the bed was empty, but when he turned to look into the bathroom he smiled softly. "Evening. Sleep well?"

Madeline
Pretty much all that was visable at first was knees, her arms and dark hair and of course scented candles. Hearing him she lifted up a little and looked over at him and smiled "Saw you where busy and decided to soak in hot water. I always sleep well..did you get what you where after?" She asked with a gentle smile

Jeremiah Hamilton
Oddly enough, when she got a look at him she would find that he hadn't changed from when she had seen him the previous evening and looked a little worn out besides. "I think so, although I'm missing some of the context for what was given. Would you mind taking a look at it once you're finished?"

Madeline
She stood and reached for a towel. "I was done the moment you stepped in" And she slowly stepped out, taking a moment to gently touch the candles to put them out

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Alright then." He stepped into the bathroom proper to give her a hand getting out of the tub if she needed it, leaning in for a light kiss once she was on her feet. "Before I forget," he said with a small smile.

Madeline
She smiled and kissed him back "Must be serious buisness to forget to kiss me" She chuckled

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Well, it does involve the ones that went after the huntress, so serious enough."

Madeline
She nodded and gave his hand a squeeze "Alright, lets go talk then"

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Let's." He gave her hand a squeeze in return, heading back to the bedroom with her. "I'll get the notebook while you get dressed."

With that he went back into the living room, returning in short order with the book and offering it to her once she was able to take it. "The drawings are on the first few pages; I made a few notes, but I know there are some things I'm missing."

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:57 am

Madeline LaCourt
Appearance 5| Enchanting Voice | Blush of Health| Status

When he came back she had put on a satin sapphire dress of intricate and..reveling design. it was without sleeves and tied behind the back: plunged deep in front and had no back. Perhaps the most interesting part was the lack of sides instead the dress seemed to be held together by a diamond claps that had about a hand space between them all the way down to her hips.

She walked over and took the drawings looking at them and at him, she smiled embarrassed "I have no idea what these mean, what did you take from this?"

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Jeremiah Hamilton
Appearance 5 (Byronic) | Voice of the Songbird | Soul of the Muse | Title 2 | Status | Nightmare: 2/10 | Imbalance: 1/5
Jeremiah paused for a long moment when he saw what Madeline was wearing, stunned into appreciative silence until her taking the notebook from his hands pulled him out of the reverie. He smiled softly, turning his attention to the drawings himself as he stood beside her.

"My thoughts are that the sword splitting into two indicates there are two survivors from the assault on the huntress. This one," he tapped briefly on the fourth drawing with the shadows outstretched, "reminds me of one of Lucas' companions on the night he was dispatched; the shadows were warped in a similar manner." He paused briefly, eyeing the third drawing as the events of that night ran through his mind once again. "As does that one, actually. What was the term Lily had used...Tzimsce, I believe? Something to do with the Impaler..."

"The bishop's mitre on the shadow sword in the fourth drawing was also notable; I got the impression that it implies someone of high ranking, but the religious overtones threw me off somewhat." He looked to Madeline at that. "Do you know if they organize themselves in that manner?"

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:57 am

Madeline LaCourt
She handed the drawing back "Yes. Tzimsce. It is believed that Vlad the Impaler is a Tzimce." She looked him over "The Sabbat. Well, think of the name: Sabbat. Witches or Pagans they have several Sabbats or Sabbaths. They are a religious order and their ranking is that of the church mostly...so...you are dealing with not only the two clans that ONLY the sabbat have and thus are the leaders of the Sabbat. But you are also dealing with a Arch Bishop of the sabbat..which means he has many packs at his command"

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:02 pm

Jeremiah Hamilton
Jeremiah nodded quietly, taking the notebook back and looking the drawings over one more time before closing it and setting the book down on the nightstand. "I see...that does make me wonder, though, if this arch-bishop was actually present at the assault on the huntress or had simply ordered for the trap to be sprung."

"Tracking down the Tzmisce first may be the better course of action, perhaps...see what sort of information can be gathered from him or her and determine how directly the arch-bishop was involved." He looked to Madeline at that. "Sound like a feasible plan?"

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:28 pm

Madeline LaCourt
"I imagine the answer to that comes with: Exactly what did you ask to get this information" She said watching him and then she shook her head a few times rapidly.

She took a few steps back to look at him and to perhaps calm herself. Finally she said "You where only asked to negotiate with the Hunter. Doing more is unacceptable especially with your limited understanding of the Sabbat and their Caininites, and as my partner....to keep the lie that you are my retainer well and good, you can not do this or even attempt to do this"

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:24 am

Jeremiah Hamilton
"I asked about the survivors of her wrath, in the interest of possibly tracking them down or at least getting information on them to give to the Huntress." Jeremiah watched as Madeline stepped away, giving a small nod. "I would rather have something to offer the woman when I speak with her, but if it would be best for someone else to seek that information for me to deliver to her I have no issue with going that route."

After a moment he offered Madeline a hand, smiling softly. "I wouldn't want to give your superiors the thought that I was anything more than what they think I am, after all."

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:17 am

Madeline LaCourt
"Wouldnt by that then , you have the answer? Both of these the survivor?" She smiled and looked at his hand, then put hers in his "I just...you scared me with that idea"

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:30 am

Jeremiah Hamilton
"Knowing that there are two that survived is a start, yes. It would be better to have a little more information to offer, however. Names, if possible, or normal haunts. Something to point her towards directly, and turn her ire from you and yours."

Jeremiah gave her hand a quiet squeeze, looking her over. "My apologies, then, for doing so. That wasn't my intent in the slightest. I just prefer to be...thorough in such situations."