Unwanted Conversations (Log: Anneliese, Jesse, John)

More of an outpost to the Emerald Heart than a sept in its own right, the caern known as the Emerald City Waystation acts as the major moonbridge hub for the city as well as the normal stomping grounds for the city's more urban wolves.
Skye

Unwanted Conversations (Log: Anneliese, Jesse, John)

Post by Skye » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:19 am

Jesse:
She had become a regular at the gym but since the issue with pretty boy she had not been seen until today. She wasnt sure what she wanted to do, go to the gym (or if she should just yet) go for a walk. Or what. but what she DID know was she was not really supposed to do anything outside of the Waystation alone. At least not for a few more days.

So that left her wandering the waystation to walk, and it was making her crankier. She had sent a small message to anne asking her to meet her at the waystation but she knew that if she wanted to leave, Anne wouldnt be enough just yet. That made her puff her cheeks out annoyed.

She was dressed in a pair of jeans and green long sleeve shirt and steel toed boots, her dog tags where visable and she did have a gun on her. She was required to, truth be told. Not due to Horseman but her job. Her hair was a dark honey blond, and her eyes where framed with thick lashes: Some would call her beautiful but those who where smart, or combat trained could see beyond the Aesthetic and could note that the way she carried herself was of one who could handle herself and likely anything thrown at her. There was a intimidation to her, just by physhical appearance that made people think twice about tangling with her. Of course, her lack of smile tended to make that worse.
Anneliese Gehrant:
Anneliese didn't waste time making her way to the Waystation. She'd only recently found out that the other woman was alive and wanted to make sure she had the room to recover. So now, when she'd been actively contacted, she hurried there. She almost defiantly wears a tank top, showing off scars old and new, with tactical leggings and boots. She sees Jesse and takes a run toward her to give her a hug, not even thinking about whether or not it might be welcomed.
John Whitten:
You're new. Well, new to me. I'd been walking through the hallways, per usual as there was little else to do, and stumble upon a face I don't recognize at all. Clearly, she was allowed to be here or we'd already be having a different type of meeting, and when Anneliese runs up to her? Checks out, but I still ran a hand just behind my hip all the same before walking up to the both of them. A fighter, definitely, with the handgun, scars, and scowl. Maybe I looked similar, but that's not for here.

"Everything going alright," I called out in a low voice as I got closer, not really caring if it interrupted anything. "Nice to see you Anneliese."
Jesse:
Her eyes widened seeing a streak of Anne and she made a little pained sound at the hug but she hugged her back and then quickly let her go. "Well that didnt go at all as planned did it" She smirked and looked up at the voice she didnt recognise. She looked at Anne and then back
Anneliese Gehrant:
She was careful to be gentle with the hug, but seemed relieved to see her, she steps back and bounces on her toes a little. "No, not really. I'm glad you're okay." She looks at John and grins at him. "Yeah, it is. Jesse, this is John Whitten, John, Jesse."
John Whitten:
I'm dead certain that Smiley there doesn't buy the hiker look I've worked so hard on showing everyone else; not with the look in those eyes I knew only too well. What the hell do I care, though? The cotton desert jacket I'm wearing may be functional, but it was just a hair too bulky for me on purpose. Even the shirt underneath was just a little too loose as well. She'd probably recognize that for what it was, and it may even be left at that. Of course, that didn't do so good of a job at hiding my own expression. Shit, it may have even matched the one she showed me just a second ago.

"Now that we've gotten the introductions out of the way," I said, gravel and all, "Could I ask just what didn't go to plan?" What did go to plan, anyways?
Jesse:
"Im supposed to train a group of kin and True born in vampire hunting. Instead we ended up on the wrong end of the Pretty Boy pack...well, I did at anyrate" She frowned and looked at Anne "Ive never had scars on my inner thighs before," she looked back and blinked "wait...THAT was a introduction? " And that actually made her laugh a little and shake her head "Your the first that I have met that didnt want a mouthful"
Anneliese Gehrant:
She frowns slightly at Jesse's first comment. "I'm pretty sure they weren't a fan of me at the end, either." Her hair is significantly shorter, though still long, she pales a bit at the scar comment, her face falling. "We're all kinfolk, it doesn't have to be as formal."
John Whitten:
I didn't stare, not just because the wolves didn't like it, but I did listen pretty carefully; even turned my head just a tic to get my better ear on it. Vampire hunting, and then they ran into, well, that had to be the Spiral Dancers. Bad day right there; why hadn't I been informed? That was easily my lane. Maybe look into it after this stupid detention blows over.

I nodded in appreciation at Anneliese's comment, even smiled in sympathy at Jesse's question. No, we didn't stand on formality all the time like that. Waste of time, if you ask me, but I had my orders. "I'm not a good example of formal, Jesse. That's why they've got me shoehorned here for now." A chuckle at that, more at myself. Yeah, shoehorn. That's a good word for it.

"It was at least a good accounting of yourselves, I hope?" I hated using that kind of flowery terms, but how else to put it? Didn't exactly want to just say did you fuck them up right now, though I wasn't sure why.
Jesse:
She arched a brow "From the way it was told, you actually killed one. To me thats a bit better then being on the wrong end, so not dig at you. You followed orders and then did what you needed to do to help"

"Makes sense, was starting to feel like " She paused. Actually....as she thought about it: The Awakened where long winded too. She breathed in "Any way. A..good accounting?" She blinked and reached up rubbing the back of her neck "Its..my understanding that this pack has been difficult to deal with and goes after the mates of the Alphas. Um, killed Mends the Rifts mate and Horsemans. Im not sure why they decided to pop up in a public place when they where continously hidding prior" She was clearly being careful with her words, but part of it was she didnt know how to explain things in this situation.

She paused a moment before saying "I took off Pretty Boys arm and for the most part gave them a enough of a run for their money to survive" She wasnt sure why she didnt give other details, maybe it was because colin and horseman, and about 5 others asking her 101 detailed questions about itaaa
Anneliese Gehrant:
She blushes a little and nods slowly. "It wasn't against the whole pack, either. What you did is impressive in and of itself." She rubs her arms and thinks about it, then nods to John. "I suppose we did. Jesse caused a small apocalypse, I severed one's spine... we both lived, which is impressive against Spirals considering what she had to go through and that one tried to burn me up and grow alien parts on me."
John Whitten:
Sounds like it was quite the firefight, if that blush was any indicator. Jesse there? She seems not too worried about it, though quiet on the details, which I'd expect means it was a bad one. No, I'm not dense, she's probably gotten that question a million times, and I knew not to press. Just take a look at the last idiot to ask me about what I'd done before coming here. Not a good idea.

Still, why wasn't I brought in on this? "It's obvious you're both still standing, so that's a victory right there," I admitted, even a bit proud of Anneliese. Not that I'd had any doubts, but swinging a sword at a Dancer? Well, I'll just say I'd rather not ever get that close again. "Wait, grow alien parts on you? That's new." Surprise there; was that what I thought it was supposed to mean?
Jesse:
"I just survived" she said a little uncomfortable, maybe she needed a drink. She did half turn and look at Anne at that, a curious look on her face
Anneliese Gehrant:
She nods a bit, chewing her bottom lip lightly and takes a breath. "It was green fire and then I started... growing things." It was still a bit nauseating thinking about the way that... felt, new way of seeing, new ligaments and connections and bones. She gestures to her neck. "Melted skin." Her shoulder. "Eye." Her upper arm. "Another arm with a mouth on it." She clears her throat and shrugs. "You have to get close to use a knife."
John Whitten:
I didn't shiver, but mainly because I didn't want to give the wrong impression. That was... gruesome, what she was saying, and entirely in keeping with their operations. I clenched a hand tight either way, the only visible sign either of them would get at just how I felt on the matter.

"But you finished the job, Liese? Knife or no, it's done?" It didn't take a genius to know I was concerned for her. I mean, there had to be more than just the physical scars.
Jesse:
She looked down the hall and then back, quite for now.
Anneliese Gehrant:
She takes a deep breath. "Yeah, probably wouldn't have been able to without Jesse softening them up, but yeah. I snuck up and severed one's spine, I think Mends the Rift-rhya killed the other, then after the green fire, Horseman-rhya killed Pretty Boy. It's done." She reaches out, palm up like you would with a dog that is shy of getting hit, laying it on his forearm before turning it over reassuringly. "I think I need a drink."
John Whitten:
"Good." I left it at that, not wanting to press any further. Not just for their sake either. I relaxed the hand at her touch, the neutral expression I'd adopted softening to something more recognizable.

"Kitchen isn't too far from here. Jesse," I said, turning to her, "Get you something to drink as well?" I'm no medic, but I could patch up some things. And this? This I could try and heal, no matter how simple the wound.
Jesse:
She watched them both, well isnt this awkward. Being between two people flirting had always been uncomfortable for her. She breathed in "No, I think I am going to go upstairs and let you guys be alone." To anne she said "Training starts up again tomorrow, I need to start working out the shoulder to build the mass the spirals took back. " Then to John "It was nice to meet you"

She turned around and started to head back the other way at a quick pace to get away from those two.
Anneliese Gehrant:
"Yeah, maybe they'll have something stronger than milk." She starts to gesture that way, her hand easily leaving John's arm. Then Jesse makes her comment about them being alone and she takes a marked step away, blushing bright red, then going pale. It's not like he was as old as her parents or anything, but it wasn't like that. She nods, smoothing her hair back. "I'll be there. You don't have to go."
John Whitten:
Oh. That is what that could look like, and far from the truth as far as I was concerned. Apparently, she may have thought the same, with her stepping away, and I was relieved. The words were just additional confirmation, and I looked Jesse's way as she beat a retreat, uncertain how I felt on the matter. Rare occasion, that.

"If you have to step, then I should probably as well. Need to check the exterior of the building before the end of the day." I suppose I was decided on the matter, but that didn't mean I was invested. Shit detail, and that's why it'd been left to last.
Jesse:
"Ill do it!" She called and beat feet for the door. SHE WAS FUCKING ESCAPING...screw Horseman. She had to get out of the building NOW.

And out she went
Anneliese Gehrant:
She blushes again, running her hands through her hair and then crossing her arms before clearing her throat. "Um...I didn't mean..." It's not like he wasn't attractive, but they had never been like that.
John Whitten:
I sighed; there was no more putting off work, I suppose. "It happens," I allowed, giving her a glance and setting my stance to walking. "Let me check off this last box and if you want, we can see about that drink." It was an honest gesture, even.
Anneliese Gehrant:
She nods to him, chewing her lower lip lightly. "Sure. If that works for you."