Whos on First [att: Fox, Skye, Gatecrash]

More of an outpost to the Emerald Heart than a sept in its own right, the caern known as the Emerald City Waystation acts as the major moonbridge hub for the city as well as the normal stomping grounds for the city's more urban wolves.
fairfolk

Whos on First [att: Fox, Skye, Gatecrash]

Post by fairfolk » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:19 am

Colin Waymen:
He stayed at the waystation mostly, he was here for only about 2 months and tended to go back and forth to between the Sept and the Waystation in equal parts. And while he had not really meet John, John may have seen him with a small child in the gym every day, working out religiously.

Right now, the young man came through the moon bridge dressed in a pair of jeans and long sleeved pale blue shirt. He had dusty brown hair and hazel eyes that didnt miss much. He carried a sealed message in his hand that tapped lightly against his thigh as he made his way to the gym. He took a look inside and not seeing the woman who was not answering her cellphone, or anything he turned and frowned. "Huh"

John Whitten:
How many times had I paced these exact hallways? Probably better to not answer that question. Then again, what's the worst that could happen? I go more insane? Was that possible? Probably better to not answer that question. I was walking towards the gym when I saw him, had to be a him, peek inside and then stand there looking confused. I could relate; this place had been a maze for the first couple circuits, but that's probably not what has him out of sorts.

"Hey, looking for someone," I called, careful not to be too loud. There may be some people sleeping or something. Hell if I knew.

Colin Waymen:
He looked over at the man and said "A few people was going to check out my .." he paused and considered "I have no idea what to call her anymore." Granted Horseman was treating him like a son as well as his little brother. His brows came together "I was looking for Jesse, when she is feeling well or overly stressed out and not being tied down, you typically can find her in here working out. But shes not answering her phone. But since shes clearly not here, or answering her phone...I need to find someone name John"

John Whitten:
I let him say his piece and listened quietly. He didn't quite sound worried yet, and I don't suppose I know why he should be. How did he have my name, though? That was curious there. "That's me," I admitted, keeping my voice calm because there wasn't any sort of emergency. Yet. This smelled strongly of an insurance policy, though I had no idea why I'd be involved in such a thing.

"Unless there's another John here that I've not been confused with yet."

Colin Waymen:
"Ah. Well if your a Fenris Kin then you are who I am looking for" He put a hand out to either be taken as one would a warriors or in a shake "Im Colin Wayman, Cliath Galliard of the Get of Fenris. I was informed I should meet you. But" He lifted the message and looked at it then handed it over "From Mends the Rift"

John Whitten:
I return the shake in the old warrior's style, though I have to admit, I narrowed my eyes a little. That explained how he knew who I am, but little else. "John Whitten," I said simply, releasing his arm and only briefly looking him in the eyes. Not enough to be defiant, but I wasn't some drone either. All the same, at the mention of Mends-the-Rifts name, I perk up just a hair, taking the letter in a smooth motion, give him a confirmatory look and then tear it open.

"Where are you from, Colin?" I may have sounded distracted, because, well, I was. And small talk was not something I ever was good at.

Colin Waymen:
He just gave a huge grin when he was givin the brief shake. "Its nice to meet you, John" He waited as the man opened the message. "From Vegas" He said in response.

The message was simple. You are to meet Rachael Constantine. She is a kin of the Get of Fenris and Mate to Vetris a member of my pack. Your best bet in getting in contact with this woman is through Horsesmans mate: Jesse Wisse.
Understand that Constantine is...different, but I will need someone beyond the Wisse woman to be a go between between the Sept and her people.

Put this letter to flame.

~Mends

John Whitten:
"I was out there once upon a time," I said, drawing the words out a bit as I read. What the hell was that supposed to mean? A go-between for who? I didn't have hackles, but they raised anyways at the message; whose people? And burn this letter? Was this some kind of further punishment? I shook my head, crumpling the message and digging for a lighter. Sometimes I had one, becasuse you never knew when you needed to burn something.

"Those were the good old days," I continued, giving him my full attention, "But those days aren't today, and it seems like I am also interested in finding Jesse now." With a turn, I started to make for my room. This would take some more equipment than what I carried with me inside the compound. Paranoid? Not hardly. Prepared.

"I need to get some things packed up. You're welcome to follow me, or I can meet you at the exit. Your choice."

Colin Waymen:
He blinked and that look changed, John was familiar enough with wolves to know when he envoked a protective stance from one. The look had changed to some what more intense; a LOT more intense. "Why" was the one word that came from the Galliard "Is she okay?" He motioned "ill follow you can explain"

John Whitten:
Don't suppose I can blame one of Fenrir's brood for being protective, and my guess is that she may have been close at some point. I mean, my own parents, even Runs-to-Ground himself, were more than a little interested in my own well-being even if I hadn't Changed like they wanted. What the hell was I supposed to do?

"Calm down there, Buster Brown," I quipped, stepping quickly to the stairwell and my room that was quite near to it, "My instructions are to find her for some other business. Don't think there's any cause for alarm just yet." Of course, it probably didn't seem that way right now, and I doubt he'd agree with me once he saw what I intended to bring along.

Colin Waymen:
His eye tic'd and he said "Buster brown? Dont call me that. Colin is fine if you want to be informal" He didnt seem angry though, focused, sure. But not angry. He moved with him and hearing him he calmed a little "Shes basically my mother for all intense and purposes" He said to clarify his GRR reaction. "And the last promise I made my father before he was killed was to look out for her and shes a bloody handful"

John Whitten:
Oh, did that hurt your feelings? It was just a saying, and I chuckled a bit internally. So easy to get them going if I wanted, but in this case, it hadn't really been meant for him. It really was just the saying. It was only a quick few hops to the next floor and my room right beside it. Even better, I already had keys in hand so unlocking it was cake.

"I gotcha," I said simply at his explanation, letting him speak while I opened up the locker in the back, the one that held most of the tools of my trade. It was easy enough to grab my MCX, fold the stock, then grab a few magazines before taking one last look to make sure nothing else caught my fancy. "There's some water in the fridge if you want anything. Won't take long at all."

Of course, if he looked around, he might see just how serious I was about my trade. Spotless room, armorer's bench in the back, near the same locker. Stetson sitting off in a corner all by its lonesome. Even an already packed bag right by the door, zipped and loaded for bear.

Colin Waymen:
He nodded and stepped in and giving a quick look around. And it was quick, he would pull up the information if he needed it later, "Not in trouble but your getting a gun. We might want to try Horsemans apartment too" He nodded and headed to the fridge to get water. "Water it is, thanks"

Anneliese Gehrant:
Anneliese had braided back her hair, damp from a shower, tough strands of it framed her face generously now. She wore a tank top and fitted cargo pants with a long, quilted coat and her combat boots, her military pack over one shoulder. She walks from the showers at the gym, Colin's movement catching her attention. She peeked in and waved from the doorway. "Hi." She takes them both in, and the apartment and the way it's organized.

John Whitten:
"Mind grabbing a few extra bottles for us?" I hadn't had one in a minute, and besides, I could feel my blood rising. This would be fun.Rifle cradled up high, I fixed Anneliese with a stare for just a second before going back to work. Fortunately, the suppressor was already affixed and I didn't think I'd need armor for this. Just a short trip, really. Easy day, even if I wasn't really a bloodhound.

"This? This is more just insurance in case I need to use those skills they paid me to learn." I chuckled just a little at the phrase, walking up to the door and motioning for Anneliese to come in. "Come on in, if you like. Just about to leave."

"Actually, you busy Anneliese," I asked, pausing for just a brief moment, "Could use some more help with a quick task."

Colin Waymen:
He did grab the bottles and came back with them and came back and watched the guy. He lifted a hand, even though it had a bottle in it and gave a bit of a wave to Anne. He blinked "you know if she disappeared..and im just going to give you this warning cause im nice like that, but all this gear might freak her out." Yeah he was starting to get a bit twitchy with the guy getting ready like he was, he looked towards anne now, a bit of worry at his eyes.

Anneliese Gehrant:
John's stare makes her brows furrow and she looks from one to the other again. She nods as he invites her in, hesitating just for a moment, then doing just that. "Sure, I can help. Wait... disappeared? Who?"

John Whitten:
To answer his question about the gear, I slipped the rifle into its designated spot inside the bag and hefted it, making sure the weight was distributed well enough. Sure enough, I'd done my job right and while it didn't hold everything I wanted, it did conceal the rifle nicely. Amazing what you could do when you had access to just about any firearm on the planet. "Good point, Colin. I'll be sure to keep a low-profile when we find her." I did in fact mean 'when', because I wasn't paid to give up.

"She may have gone off the grid for a bit and we're going to go find her. I'd appreciate having someone else who knows her along for the ride because I just don't."

Colin Waymen:
"Good cause..." He didnt finish that thought. "Well thats smart" Less chance of a blow up, he imagined. He looked over at Anne "I cant get in touch with Jesse, her phone isnt answering. Shes not in the gym. Apparently " He motioned to John "Hes supposed to find her. I hadn't gotten to Horsemans apartment yet. "

Anneliese Gehrant:
Her frown deepens and she raises her brows, her lips parting to say something, her look confused. Colin speaks up and her eyes widen a bit. "Then that's the first place we need to look, then we should contact someone else. She glances at the door, lowering her voice. "There's a woman named Constantine who knows her, there's also the church that we were directed to the night of the club."

John Whitten:
There was my confirmation about whoever this Constantine person right there. Taking a bottle from him, I downed it quickly and threw the now-empty one into the trash. That'd have to do for now.

"Point the way to Horseman's place, if you please." I'm pretty sure I could find it if I needed to, but better if they already knew how to get there. Oh, almost forgot. I took the note and fished out a spare lighter, then burned it on the spot. Orders were orders.

"We'll probably need to get in touch with Constantine afterwards." Easy day, so long as we moved quick before the trail could get any colder.

Colin Waymen:
Hrmmm Constantine. Lovely. Umma. Wait that word doesnt work here. He moved and headed out of the apartment and lead the way to the apartment that Jesse and Horseman shared. A knock or two later and the kin who was watching Mason had opened the door. Mason, being Mason slipped out beyond her and clung to Colins leg asking where mommy was. The Galliard reached down and ruffled the kids hair, cause this wasnt awkward at bloody all. "Where is.." he started and the kin said "Horseman is out of town, she didnt come back after a walk last night"

With that he detached the munchkin from his leg, hugged him and handed him over before turning to the two, the look on his face pretty neutral given that his hazel eyes where now wolf toned.

Anneliese Gehrant:
She confirms Colin's directions and hurries there with them. "Yes, we will." She blinks as she sees the kid. She'd known intellectually that she'd had a kid, but she'd only barely met him. She watches the kid and licks her lips before tearing her eyes away. "Alright, so door number two. I'll see if I can contact her."

John Whitten:
It wasn't that hard to find their apartment, unsurprisingly. I let him talk it out with the kin, even glance over at the child just to get a feel for what all I'd have to work with. This wasn't strictly my lane, but I'd damn well try and it wasn't all that different from the recovery work I'd done in another life.

"Everything checks out," I said quietly, as soon as the door closed, nodding at Anneliese's idea to call. Not like I could. Even if I could, not when Colin there was already starting to lose control a little. Fuck, I could get him to sit down, but I'd rather not. That wouldn't do anything at all.

Colin Waymen:
He took a breath and crossed his arms considering the situation. Finally he said "She wouldn't just up and leave Mason, shes a US Marshal and even called to deal with her job she would have called. Something had to have happened"

"And she didnt answer for me" he said, giving a nod for Anne to call but he had already tried.

Anneliese Gehrant:
She starts looking through her contacts, "I was thinking I had some way to contact her ,but I don't. Let me see if I can reach Sy." She dials him.

John Whitten:
I hate waiting, it's true. There's not much else further down the list than it, but I'm accustomed to waiting. His comments give me something to distract myself with, just barely, but it should be enough. It would have to be enough. Standing quite still was another of those skills learned a long time ago, not just because it helped to focus on the facts racing through my head, and there were quite a few things to consider.

"Seems a small thing," I admitted, working through the details, "And they don't pay me to be smart. Or pay me." One thing seemed to stick out the most, though I couldn't say why. Just had the same feeling I'd learned to trust. Rarely led me astray.

"Has she gone to ground before? Jesse?"

Colin Waymen:
He shook his head "Not that I am aware of" He said his lips pressing together and the wolf seemed to retreat slightly as he thought about it. "Shes not really the run and hide type".

Anneliese Gehrant:
"Anyone can be under the right circumstances. " She looks at her phone, waiting for the response.

John Whitten:
Fight or flight was a tricky thing to understand; didn't always work the same way each time. Combat veteran could be dependable as a Florida rain one day and a gibbering mess the next when subjected to even the same stress. Come to think of it, I could feel that familiar coldness running up my hand, tracing along the veins...

Stop it. Stay on task. No, she didn't look the type who'd flee. Not willingly. That face, though, when she'd left. The words. No way to be certain, but something felt right about the idea anyways. Wasn't usually that far off either.

"Didn't look the type, but it would explain a bit about what happened. You'd know her better than I, but she seemed a bit off after a bit of a show and tell." Shit, even I didn't sound that confident about it, but that didn't stop me from talking.

Anneliese Gehrant:
"She went through a lot. It was probably too much show and tell. The gods and Goddess know I don't want to think about it any more. "

Colin Waymen:
One could see his eye tic as his mind pulled up some of the combat situations he knew that Lockdown, or as some called her Arsenal dealt with. The idea of her breaking was clearly not sitting well with him. There was a very slow blink at Annelieses comments and then he looked towards John as he started to talk.

After a minute, the Galliard asked in a firm tone, almost like he had shaking off cobwebs and was realizing he was missing information and someone here might have it "What happened?" His arms crossed over his chest and he went quiet to listen. The words show and tell did not seem to sit well with him but he wanted more information

John Whitten:
Probably for the best that I let the one who did the showing and telling give their story, but my old NCO's instincts told me a different story. This didn't have to be her fight, even if I think we both knew it should be. I looked at Anneliese for just a second, checking her mettle. Would she take the hint or would this turn out how I expected it might? Not even a vague feeling to guide me on this one, so I turned back to Colin, features set without expression. He'd get nothing from me, not until I heard what she had to say.

Colin Waymen:
He looked between them and said finally "Explain to me WHAT show and tell"

John Whitten:
I'm not the best liar out there, I'm a damn terrible one even, but I knew how to deflect and I swear that his eyes were getting this shade of golden again. Call it reflex, but I didn't wait for her to speak, glaring in her direction to silence any thought of speaking up. Already drawn up to my full height despite the deceptive slouch, I set my feet beneath me before speaking.

"I'd been talking with Anneliese about the finer points of combat the last few days before meeting Jesse. They were talking about some kind of attack that had gone down and I decided I'd go ahead and show off a few of my trophy scars to motivate Anneliese to fight harder next time." For effect, I even rolled up a sleeve on my jacket a little, exposing a nasty patch of scar tissue. It'd been a parting gift from that Dancer a couple months ago, his claw digging into my arm as I put a few rounds right into his brainpan. Fuck, it still hurt, too.

"Best guess, it spooked Jesse." What, did he expect remorse from me? Not my crime, and that made it easier to seem indifferent to it.

Colin Waymen:
"That. Wouldnt spook her" He said firmly. "One scar would not spook her. What. Else. Happen" And yes that gold came back but his jaw clenched a little, the wolf peeking through his eyes the only real sigh that he was getting irritated. His fingers moved against each other as he thought. "Perhapse we should go to a Philodox to get the whole story"

John Whitten:
"Shall I continue," I asked in a firm voice, making to show him more. There were quite a few rakes and tears crossing my body, far more than I'd like to admit, and wouldn't care to if not to continue with this farce. I didn't dare look back at the wolf staring at me, not directly, but just enough to dare. It was a stupid move, but I couldn't back down now. Never did learn to not play with fire, not even after being put in timeout this last time for it.

"You can say all you like that it wouldn't, and all I can say is what I saw and think may have happened." A pause at that, letting him consider those words, though I wasn't sure how much he'd be able to hear over the growling behind those eyes.

"I've got a pretty nasty one on my back. Bit of acid and a few other things besides. Quite the motivator."

Colin Waymen:
He moved his jaw in a way that suggested he might be considering biting them at least verbally but even though the wolf was very clearly there, he was in control. He was trying to figure out how to express what he was thinking but he also found thinking right now was like trying to chase a hare that had a ass on fire.

His fingers stretched and curled, the knuckles popping. The look on his face suggested he..really didnt believe this is what caused her to rabbit, and finally he gave a wolfish smile "Id imagine if you actually knew the woman then you would know that your scars would not send her to run. Not when she would quietly agree with you about the scars being motivation to learn more to insure survival. So you can rest easy that it was unlikely you that caused her to disappear. That guess we will find out when we ask her, if she doesnt want us to know she wont talk about it. And unfortunately none of us here are big enough to get her to change her mind if she decides to leave us in mystery."

He looked up at the cieling thinking and then back to them "Well. Any other ideas?"

Anneliese Gehrant:
Anneliese frowns at her phone before sliding it away and walking back to them. "I wasn't able to find anything useful." She looks up at Colin. "She got uncomfortable when I touched John's arm, so it is not just scars. "

John Whitten:
Oh, I had been so worried about what she thought of them, but there wasn't so much as a twitch on my face to say as much and I let it go, shouldering my bag again. Perhaps back to business now, although I was careful to only slowly turn away from Colin, never quite showing him my back. Under control or no, I wasn't about to excite the wolf to chase.

For a moment, I thought to say something to either of their words, but opted to remain quiet for a moment. Survey the field again and make a decision; that was the better tactic by far. Besides, they were both probably more aware of what to do next than I.

Colin Waymen:
He leaned against the wall and crossed his arms watching them with a dark look in his eyes. His mind over turned -every-single-word they said and their body language. It was one of the things he was good at, remembering everything that happened as if it was written. He reached up and scratched under his jaw.

Despite his demeanor the ripple of rage went down his body and out, it was pretty clear he didnt believe them and was deciding what to do with it. "I was under the impression that the Get of Fenris even the kin had some semblance of honor and being less then honest about what happened to make a issue easier to understand and deal with lacks honor. Good luck on your hunt for her. I'm going to contact her mate and let her know you two have a idea of what happened, but refuse to be forth coming and helpful. I'm sure he will appreciate that help as much as I do"

Anneliese Gehrant:
Her jaw tightens and her back stiffens. A brow arches. "We were discussing what happened, in relation to our scars. I touched John's arm, she said she would leave us alone and ran out. It is as simple as that and as complicated. Do what you feel you need to. "

John Whitten:
I'd been chewed out before; it'd happened recently. It'd happen again. And again after that. I wasn't a troublemaker, but he clearly didn't know me enough to realize the kind of trouble I'd routinely find myself in. Call it a rebellious mid-life to make up for a less-than-typical childhood. He didn't get so much as a twitch of the eye out of me at the clear insult, but I wouldn't forget. Not for a long while.

"Anything you'd like me to pass along when I see her next," I asked, voice quiet enough to force him to listen if he had any semblance of courtesy remaining. Oh, it was even polite enough, but I'd wager he got the memo. With that out of the way, I set bag once more and took just a single step, even taking a moment to glance at the way to the exterior. Recovery wasn't a typical task anymore, but it was one I knew quite well. I'd find her, one way or the other.

Colin Waymen:
"And now your just being rude" He said leveling his eyes on Anne "You seem to forget. I am a Galliard, half assed stories -ARENT- good enough" He pushed from the wall now and stood with his feet shoulder width "Id of thought that after speaking with you about your story you would be smart enough to realize that the devil is in the details and your story is missing details and now contradicts his" He made a motion to John.

He did hear him and about to respond he stopped. Just stopped as his mind latched onto something. He turned very slowly to look at Anne again: His words where low, a clear sign he was trying damned hard not to flip the fuck out "When someone disappears the faster you move, the better chance you have to get them back. And you.. " and he kind of snapped verbally "LET HER RUN OUT? GET MOVING now, because you should have started last night"

And he was clearly furious, he turned to John "Not one more word from either of you. Go find her and if you manage it, I will keep my damn mouth shut about you twos fuck up"

Anneliese Gehrant:
Her gaze is cold, her back stiff as she simply nods to him, looking at John and then turning away.

She gestures toward the exit since Colin doesn't want a word. ~Iona, I am being sent out to try to find Jesse. Colin is angry that John and I let her leave. I think if we try to get any more information or help from him he may frenzy. ~

John Whitten:
Guess that was that, and I pressed on, giving Anneliese that cold stare that she'd seen maybe just the once before. Not a single word. Nothing, for as long as it would take for me to ride this out. Oh, I was mad, if you could see the signs. I'd had little to do with this disappearance, and while I wasn't exactly dumb enough to piss off a Garou too much, I wasn't all that different from them at times. That familiar coldness welled in my hands, tracing up and freezing its way along my veins, but not for the typical reason.

Only a single way to cleanse myself of this mess, and fortunately, it would mean that Colin got what he wanted. Jesse, safe and sound. Easy task. Easy enough to focus on and ignore ice that deadened my arm.

Colin Waymen:
Far cry turned around and moved back to the apartment, he knocked gently. He was going to have to inform Horseman to get some of Jesses hair for the Rite of Questing stone. That or Call kelvin. Patato/Tomato as far as he was concerned. But as far as the two kin, he was just going to leave that alone and let his Rage calm down.

Iona, for her part had stopped as she had just been coming from the Alphas cabin after the promised talk to him. Jesse is not your responsibility, you and John are to return to the Sept. If Far Cry has a issue with that he can bring it up with me

Anneliese Gehrant:
~Will do. I am happy to help, but I don't know where she would have gone.~ She looks at John, her expression still dark, troubled. "My alpha is telling us to stay at the Sept, that Jesse is not our responsibility. " ~Do you want me to go out there to you? I believe John is not able to go out there right now.~

John Whitten:
Your Alpha? I suppose that she had no way of knowing what had gone on, but for all I knew, Iona was still just my tribal elder. That meant damned all at the moment. All the same, I stopped, turning around quite slowly as her words rang out. He'd said not a word; I'd tried to convey the same. Eyes immediately turned to Colin, watching with more than a little calculating interest to see if he'd make good on his earlier threat.

With a quietness, I lowered my bag to the ground, still careful not to disturb the silence any further. What would be the next move?
:
Management:
Storyteller has rolled an Rage 4 -1 for moon phase diff 5 roll (3 dice), getting 2, 10, 7, with a difficulty of 5 on a 10 sided die. Storyteller has 2 successes. This roll did not use the 10-again rule.
Colin Waymen:
Well whatever restraint he had to leave it alone ran to the window, jumped out and commited suicide lucky for them, and maybe him he didnt lose control but he did turn from the door and spoke and it could certainly be heard as well as the heat under it:

"I can only infer that you also neglected to inform your Alpha that you called Jesse a friend, triggered a flight response and let her leave without doing anything about it. Waited a day, and then obscured information from those of not only higher station but tied to the woman and capable of using the rite of questing stone. Which I was in the process of getting and trying to calm down to do.

I image your concern for my mother comes ONLY when you can gain renown for it, and not when you actually wont be sung about or praised for about it, or unable to show off your scars from it for the attention it brings.

I had heard things about you, and I had hoped they where not true. It is to bad, that you show your colors so blatantly and you WILL be held to task for it.

YOU will inform your Alpha that Horseman wants to see you, NOW and you will wait, RIGHT Here with me, pissed, and quite while we wait. And if she wishes to join us, to find out what happened because she will be required to answer for you AND take any punishment given, then by all means, invite Frost bite because at this point she has the right to know the truth and your actions; and how they arent your responsibility" He may have gotten longer in the tooth and possibly a little hairier, no there was no may have. He was definitely taller, his eyes wolfen and found hers, his stance aggressive but held barely in check, his claws had extended and ..yeah this was going to get bad if it was pushed further.

Anneliese Gehrant:
"As you wish, Far Cry-rhya." She doesn't meet his eyes, but she doesn't show her throat or lower her head either. ~Far Cry- rhya heard me and is ordering me to stay right here. He says Horseman-rhya wants to see me. He says if you wish to come, then you should since you will be required to account for it and be punished for it. We were talking about the other day in relation to our scars. I touched John's arm and she left, saying she would leave us alone. ~

John Whitten:
Still watching carefully, I notice he's not once mentioned me. Not once looked at me, not even for a moment. Even if it were not for the nails peeking out of his skin or the height, I'd have known that this was dangerous. Dangerous for all of us, because could I really abandon a cousin to the wolves? Worse still, I knew I couldn't deflect his attention, not without risking my own hide and I could not take him if things got out of hand. I couldn't back down though; I just couldn't back away. It wasn't in me.

Frost burned out sensation in most of my body now, but I couldn't pay that any attention. Not if I wanted to keep breathing through to tomorrow.

Colin Waymen:
He leaned against the wall, almost letting it hold him up but he glared at Anne as they waited. Yeah, some how this had turned topsy turvy and as his father would say, went side ways in a hand basket. His teeth bit into the inner part of his lower lip drawing blood to try and ease the anger a bit and refocus it, but he was so angry he was considering acts of violence and he wasnt sure..that was what Hannah would want for him.

That stopped him cold, and he turned his baleful gaze towards the elevator and waited.

Mentally there was a pause from Iona If a wolf is talking punishment...have you told me the whole story. I am on my way, Actually...Mends the Rift just called for me. I am sure that whatever is going on I will hear about if you are actually in trouble.

Anneliese Gehrant:
She stands silently. ~We were talking about scars, none of us really comfortable. John was disturbed about one that he was talking about. I put my hand on his arm. She looked upset and because John was talking about having to check the perimeter wall, she said she would do it and hurried away. ~

John Whitten:
Has this quieted down a little? Stress had been a close friend of mine for the longest time, and the barest release of tension was, well, it wasn't what I expected. Shit, I was freezing. No, I mean, really freezing right now. Fuck, that wasn't good. When was the last time?

I fell back into it, entirely without warning. Wind ripped by, tearing the warmth out of my gloved hands, and I was there again. Scrabbling, something keeping my leg from working right. No, this wasn't real. It couldn't be. Not entirely aware of myself, I grasped for the wall, still quiet despite my best efforts. This real situation would just have to wait a bit, just a bit longer. It was never long. I hoped it was never long.

StorytellerFox:
The wait most likely seemed to stretch for longer than either John or Anneliese would have liked, but in time the elevator from the central part of the Waypoint opened to reveal Horseman dressed out in a grey three-piece suit, considerably nicer than the usual BDUs that he wore while around the sept. He paused briefly as he emerged from the elevator, eyes narrowing a touch before he continued down the hallway towards the trio.

"You have three minutes to explain why I just got pulled out of a meeting with the council of elders for the Sept of the Silvered Screen, and what the hell this has to do with Jesse." He looked towards Anneliese and John in particular. "Start talking."

Colin Waymen:
He just made a motion and shifted down a bit calming "May I go inside to get her brush for rite of the Questing stone: Rhya" He would list his grievances later.

John Whitten:
I can hear someone talking, behind the gale. I shouldn't have to be so weak, but for the longest while, all I could see was the valley from before. Only another day or so to the valley and the safety it promised. I knew now how true that was, but not then. It'd been a pipe dream then, delirious from lack of nutrition. Still, that voice offers me a lifeline and I grasped it, pulling myself free from the nightmare. And it was a nightmare, one that had been my own for weeks now. Years.

"I," I started, slipping on the word as everything righted itself, "I was trying to find her." Words came slow, slower than I'd like, but my nerve proved strong enough to continue on. "Colin, he gave me a letter from Mends-the-Rift and instructions to find Jesse." No, I couldn't care less at the moment about formality; this was not the time nor place, if it ever could be.

"Things have devolved since then, but I was about to set out to find her all the same." Orders were orders.

StorytellerFox:
Horseman gave FarCry a nod. "Get Swims-the-River as well; she can do the rite."

As the Galliard left he motioned first to Anneliese, then to a nearby meeting room. "You, in there. I'll speak with you in a moment."

He then turned his attention to John, watching the kin for a moment before nodding quietly. "And what exactly caused her to leave?"

Colin Waymen:
"I have the rite" He said and slipped into the apartment. They could hear the little one squee in glee and Far cry talk to him briefly as the door shut.

John Whitten:
I shook my head, both to clear it of the cobwebs and to tell him just how much I knew. It wasn't much, and what little I'd thought to be the case didn't appear to fit. It didn't matter, either. She'd ran. What else was there to say?

"I wish I knew why," I admitted, still supporting myself with the wall, even my strength returning slow despite the short outburst. "I just know what I think. What I think doesn't correlate with why she went to ground." With a start, I stood free again, forcing myself to pick up the bag and shoulder it again. It would have to do, despite it all.

"I should move before the trail gets colder. Perhaps that rite will mean I don't have to stumble as far." It was a weak statement, and we both knew it. But he also had to know that I needed action, something to focus on. Just like any working dog, really.

Anneliese Gehrant:
Anneliese nods to Horseman and enters the room without saying anything.

StorytellerFox:
"What were you talking about before she left, and did you tell anyone else that she did leave?"

Colin Waymen:
He stepped back out and held up the bit of hair "got it"

John Whitten:
"I did not," I replied, voice recovering most of its usual tones, "I only just met her. No reason to suspect a thing." It was true, too. Dimly, I knew that she was his mate, but that only meant so much when it was just a name. No face, no understanding at all.

"Up to her leaving, Anneliese and Jesse both had talked about some sort of op they'd been in on." Well, so it wasn't an op, or operation, but that was the right word in my circles. "Anneliese mentioned something strange, strange growths from the attack; I don't know all of the details on that. She showed them a little, I can't quite remember." A pause, as I tried to clear my head again. I was nearly me again, or what passed for it.

"She touched my arm for some reason, Anneliese did. Jesse ran off after that." What part of any of that made sense?

Skye

Re: Whos on First [att: Fox, Skye, Gatecrash]

Post by Skye » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:51 am

Anneliese Gehrant - Get of Fenris kinfolk
Purebreed 3 - Charisma 3
Willpower 6 - Gall
Anneliese waits in the meeting room.

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:30 pm

Alexander "Horseman" Blackwood
Appearance 3 | Dexterity 4 | Iron Will | Waypoint Commander
Horseman gave Colin a nod as he returned with the hair. "Get the rite going, then."

His attention went back to John once that was in motion, watching the Fenrir for a long moment as he finished pulling himself back together. Jesse wasn't a skittish woman by any stretch of the imagination, barring one or two topics that he knew of off-hand having stepped on those particular mines himself. If Anneliese had been showing off the marks left by the balefire's touch, that could have been why... "Did the conversation touch on her scars as well, or just Anneliese's?"

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:07 pm

ImageFar-Cry
| Pure Breed 2 | Spirit Heritage 3|Inner strength|Support| Untamable|Eidetic Memory
He pulled a circular hematite stone with a hole in the middle that was tied to a piece of leather from his pocket , he started to tie the air around the stone and glanced up at what he was hearing, then gave a look to Horseman but went back to the rite.

He whispered as he finished tying the hair and let the stone fall until it was taunt it started to swing immediately which was normal but it suddenly shot forward towards the elevator.

(5 success)

Gatecrash

Post by Gatecrash » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:29 am

John Whitten
Get of Fenris Kinfolk | Stats | Flaws | Notable Merits
Again, I shook my head, feeling more myself, if you could call it that. "Before I arrived, if at all." It was an easy reply, mainly because no matter how much I tried to remember the details, nothing like that seemed to work themselves free. Not that I had some kind of perfect recall, but I did have a trained memory for similar sorts of things. Mostly for when I'd had to observe a spot for long periods of time.

"I would ask why that matters, but, Horseman," I said, using his deed name as the sole nod to formality, "I need to move before our window closes on this. Rite or no, I've got my orders."

Skye

Post by Skye » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:02 am

Anneliese Gehrant - Get of Fenris kinfolk
Purebreed 3 - Charisma 3
Willpower 6 - Gall
The were a lot of other places she wished she could be. With Iona, studying, working... dear Freyja, she missed Sylvester. Most of all, she wished she could be looking for Jesse. She very carefully sits still, not running her hands through her hair or making other nervous gestures.

Her mind circles around what Colin had said, rumors he'd heard... and his thoughts, as if she'd sought him out to tell her story, rather than sort of reluctantly talking to him in her kitchen because he'd tracked her down. Her worry over Jesse takes hold again, never completely gone. Why had she reacted so strongly? Why would she leave and not contact her mate? Why would she not return? Was she in danger? Why would people react like she'd been on house arrest.

She continues to wait. She will simply have to deal with this and go on. Hopefully they would find her quickly.

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:03 pm

"Rhya." The Theurge corrected with the hint of an edge to the word, looking towards the stone as it shot forward on its lead. "The two of you get going; you and I will talk more later, Whitten."

The mental link between FarCry and Horseman carried an additional order to the Fenrir, however. Keep an eye on him. He just pulled himself out of a hole, and he may fall into it again depending on what you run into. Also... the mental voice trailed off briefly as what to say next was mulled over. If you have a phone on you, have her call me when you find her. Knowing her she's probably destroyed hers.

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:32 pm

ImageFar-Cry
| Pure Breed 2 | Spirit Heritage 3|Inner strength|Support| Untamable|Eidetic Memory

Id consider it a personal favor if the lack of details and unwillingness to actually be forth right with a member of her family was addressed. And even so, being shady to a True Born is unwise. Ill keep a eye on him, hes acting a bit wierd and yes Sir, if she doesnt have he phone I will have her call you.

Horseman Rhya do you want me to carry her home if need be?

He motioned to John "Lets get moving, your going to have to drive"

Gatecrash

Post by Gatecrash » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:05 pm

(Continued this portion of the scene in a separate scene. Skip if it makes sense)

Edit: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1324
Last edited by Gatecrash on Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:42 pm

You know her as well as I do, if not better. Find out why she left and use your best judgement, but let her know that I want her back home. The Theurge knew that forcing Jesse into doing anything she didn't want to was a non-starter, but hopefully between him and her son they would be able to talk her into it...

Once the pair of Fenrir had headed off Alexander made his way into the meeting room, looking Anneliese over for a moment before he spoke. "Start from the top with the conversation you had with Jesse and Whitten, and leave nothing out."

(ST Note: Toss that log into a separate thread and link back to it here.)