Pack Your Bags (Log: Lucian, Garvan)

More of an outpost to the Emerald Heart than a sept in its own right, the caern known as the Emerald City Waystation acts as the major moonbridge hub for the city as well as the normal stomping grounds for the city's more urban wolves.
Gatecrash

Pack Your Bags (Log: Lucian, Garvan)

Post by Gatecrash » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:08 am

Lucian Williams
A talk needed to be had with a certain newly-minted son of Stag, it seemed, and the Waypoint's beta was on the case. A quick check-in with Albus on Garvan's whereabouts later and away he went, keeping an eye out for the Philodox along the way.

Garvan Nowack
It wouldn't be that difficult to find him, not when the majority of his hours could be accounted for at the gym or with the other tasks he'd taken up since moving to the Waystation a short while ago. Today? The run, a half marathon for time, was over with and he'd cleaned up already, just stepping out from where he'd been staying. Truth be told, the treadmill was boring, but the upkeep was necessary and he breathed far too calmly compared to most people.

"I was about to look for you," he called out to Lucian in a friendly tone at seeing the other. "I can only imagine you must be looking for me as well."

Lucian Williams
"You'd be right." Lucian nodded with a small smirk, looking the Philodox over. "You can go first, though, see if we're wanting to talk about the same thing."

Garvan Nowack
Waiting for the other to get closer -it would be impolite to yell-, Garvan smiled a little in nostalgia. How long had it been? Around a year? Maybe longer? To him anyways, it'd been that long. Perhaps with a little more time, he could even feel like his old self again, if that were even possible.

"It is about Brenna. She spoke to you already?" Voice without guile, but still that commonplace polite tone that he used so often.

Lucian Williams
The Ahroun closed the distance between them but left enough of a gap to not intrude on Garvan's personal bubble. "She did, yes."

Garvan Nowack
An expected answer, not just because she'd said as much. Maybe it would've been better to skip past that question, but the indirect forecasting may have been worth it. Who could know? Garvan indicated for them both to walk, sweeping a hand for Lucian to take the lead. The stretch would be welcome, and he didn't seem too interested in standing and talking in a more public setting.

"I am of the understanding that you speak for her on this sort of thing, and that her wishes are known?" There was uncertainty to that, as if he understood the concept, but not entirely the practice. Perhaps unsurprisingly for someone who had never grown up with the community.

Lucian Williams
Lucian took to the walk after Garvan's motion, keeping pace with the Philodox as they headed down the hallway. "I do, and they are."

He looked to Garvan at that, getting a read on the other Garou before speaking. "Has she told you much about her brothers?"

Garvan Nowack
He nodded, the motion itself muted and shallow. Still, each step gave him a focus, something to remove the tremoring anxiety that washed through him. Old friend, anxiety. Familiar enough to push aside with that same focus, each long stride giving a measure of peace. Equally old friend, that.

"Some," he admitted, voice calm despite the edge of grimness, "And her suspicions on what happened to them. I wish I knew some way to help with that, but I do not. Not even what to say sometimes."

Lucian Williams
"Funny you should mention that..." Lucian allowed himself a small smirk, looking forward once again. "She's asked for you to look into what happened to them and come back with whatever you can find."

Garvan Nowack
"That is funny," he replied, matching the other's smile. Not for too long, however, as he realized that it meant leaving here again. The better question was how that would work, since Garvan doubted he'd be able to just buy a ticket and fly that way. Dimly, he could recall that there were several other routes via moon bridge, and while he'd never used them, that didn't mean they didn't exist. That way, then?

"At least I will be able to pack my things this time around. Perhaps even run across some more of my family; they live in that area if I have the right of it." A pause as he considered, though not for too long.

"When should I leave?"

Lucian Williams
"Always a plus, that." He nodded quietly. "And I imagine you will; we're thick on the ground there, as you'd imagine, plus any blood family you may have there besides."

"Sooner you get the sooner she's yours, so that's ultimately up to you." He chuckled, looking to Garvan with a smile. "We don't have a straight shot to the Isle from here, but we can get you going in the right direction. You have a passport just in case?"

Garvan Nowack
No surprises there; the Fianna had to have the island all but dominated. Still, it was the task before him, no? Anything else was just a fringe benefit, even if still tempting.

"The last I heard, some of my extended family lived in and around Dublin, but that was a long time ago," he said, shrugging at that. It was rather old information, but perhaps there was something there. Couldn't hurt to check; maybe they'd even offer to lend a hand?

"No," Garvan admitted shaking his head, " I don't have one that is current. And if you are asking that, I suppose that gives me a timeline." How long could it take to get a new one?

Lucian Williams
"Worth looking into, I'd imagine." Lucian nodded. "With the Walkers here we get the paperwork handled quickly enough; you may not need it, but it'd be better to have it just in case."

Garvan Nowack
"It should not be a difficult task on either front. Do you know who I should talk to fill out the forms and get my passport renewed?" He couldn't be entirely sure, but the epithet sounded like the Glass Walkers. There hadn't been much conversation on them, so his knowledge was rather limited, but he could put the pieces together well enough.

"Have you been there before? Ireland?" A part of him supposed he should've said it the way his mother would've preferred, in Gaelic, but there would be plenty of opportunity for that in the future. Much opportunity.

Lucian Williams
"Kincaid would be the one to talk to on that front; she's our logistics lead here and she can get that ball rolling for you."

"It's been a while, but yeah. Once before my Change as a trip to see family and once after as part of my fostering. Enjoyed myself on both occasions, although for different reasons."

Garvan Nowack
"I have never been myself; my parents never had the time and little desire when they did." That may have been putting it a bit lightly, but there was no use in airing dirty laundry here and certainly not when in front of those closed doors.

"I suppose that makes this a very fortunate task, then." A bit of a smile at that, fading only slowly.