Widening the Scope [Attn: Fairfolk]

The Emerald Citadel is Smith Tower, the oldest skyscraper in Seattle, an opulent neoclassical structure that houses a cafe and observation deck at the top level which doubles as the Duke’s court.
QuicksilverFox85

Widening the Scope [Attn: Fairfolk]

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:02 am

Jeremiah Hamilton
Appearance 5 (Byronic) | Voice of the Songbird | Soul of the Muse | Title 2 | Status | Nightmare: 2/10 | Imbalance: 1/5
While his skill with the oracular arts had served him well over the years, the task before Jeremiah required a more thorough grasp than he currently had, and the risk of Unleashing was a touch too high for his tastes. Thus, the Leanhaun had quietly put feelers out among the freehold to inquire about a possible tutor. When word came back of a sluagh in the Duchess' inner circle being the man to talk to he sent a message to the good Mister Pennywinkle to request a meeting at his earliest convenience.

When the time for the meeting came to pass Jeremiah arrived at the appointed place, dressed neatly as was his wont with a slim wooden box tucked under one arm. One never came to such a gathering without a gift, after all...

fairfolk

Re: Widening the Scope [Attn: Fairfolk]

Post by fairfolk » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:16 am

Mister Pennywinkle

The appointed place was not far from the Citadel, a few blocks really. The building was a blood red, black and gold Victorian goth house in the residential part of Pioneer Square.

The building was very well taken care of, and almost welcoming. Almost. There was a sense of unease to it, but then most Sluagh where born of Russian nightmares. When Jeremiah went to knock on the door: Before his knuckles rapped the door creaked open with a groan. Inside where light by candles, the light very very low.

He heard a whispered "Enter" That was more haunting demand then invitation. When he stepped into the room he saw that the inside was well taken care of.

Except...that cobwebs where here and there. And a rather LARGE spider was watching him from the corner of the room seeming to be sipping on a cup of tea.

The slaugh spy master stood on the mid way point of the steps, watching. He inclined his head and took a few more steps down. His words where whispered so unless Jeremiah had very good hearing he wasnt sure what the spy master said, however if he did, or he straightened to hear he would faintly hear 'good evening Sir Hamilton. Here to win anymore wars for us?"

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:18 pm

Jeremiah Hamilton
Appearance 5 (Byronic) | Voice of the Songbird | Soul of the Muse | Title 2 | Status | Nightmare: 2/10 | Imbalance: 1/5
Jeremiah entered when bidden, dark eyes taking in his surroundings as he went. The spider earned a brief once-over of its own before Jeremiah gave it a polite nod, turning his attention to the master of the house.

The whispered words were little more than static to even his trained ear, however, eliciting a brief frown from the sidhe before he schooled his features and approached closer to be within proper conversational range with the sidhe. "My deepest apologies, but I didn't quite catch that. I hope that evening has been treating you well, though, and thank you for being willing to meet."

Once he was within range to do so he offered the sluagh the wooden box, which revealed an ornate silver letter opener of Victorian make. "May it serve you well."

Missed That By a Mile...:
quicksilverfox85 Jeremiah Hamilton Perception 3 + Alertness 2 5 (No Rerolls) (Ones Botch) 2 5 3 5 1 Success! (-1) 09/20/18 02:10:16 PM

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:04 am

Mister Pennywinkle

His long legs brought him with in a few inches of Jeremiah. He spoke once more in a whisper which was pretty par for the course with slaugh "I said, Good evening Sir Hamilton, here to win more wars for us? " He paused and smirked whispering further "Or are we still out gunned, out manned?"

He took the offering, looked it over "Thank you. you wish to learn what in the way of Soothsay?"

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:42 am

Jeremiah Hamilton
Jeremiah smiled a touch at the reference to his surname, shaking his head quietly. "I wouldn't call myself anyone's right hand man, Mister Pennywinkle. I simply played my part in that particular conflict, same as anyone else who was there."

"Augury, in this case. The Omens have served me well over the years, but something a little more in-depth is needed at this time." He watched the sluagh as he looked over the letter opened, watching for his reaction. "Would you be willing to teach such?"

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:40 am

Mister Pennywinkle

He smiled at the response showing black gums and no teeth.

He listened to the request and whispered his response "I could teach. What do you use for a medium when you use Omens? Have you ever used black glass?" He motioned for Jeremiah to follow him, and turned making his way up the steps. As he moved Jeremiah might notice that despite the very nice goth/victorian clothing of the sluagh had a moldy look to them. But, he did not smell of mold though there was a stench of decay that came from him.

Not that , that was uncommon for a Sluagh either. But there it was.

The banister of the stairs had cob webs and little spiders with large eyes watching them as they moved to the second floor, long fingers that had a extra joint almost reached out from the Spy master to pet the head of a larger spider as it crawled down the banister then hopped off and onto the first floor.

He took him to a room that had a rounding wall, it was dark and lit only by low candle light. In the corner was a table with a old tea set, beautiful but old. Vintage. A large circular window that was painted black, and ear it a oval shaped mirror that had a black velvet drape over it.

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:13 am

Jeremiah Hamilton
"I have not, I will admit. I primarily use tarot cards or automatic writing, although if the need arises I use what's available." Jeremiah moved to follow, ignoring that faint scent of decay as best as he could. He gave the spider a polite nod when their paths crossed - no point to be rude if one didn't need to, after all - as dark eyes took in their surroundings, eyeing the covered mirror in the back of the room before looking back to the sluagh himself.

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:13 am

Mister Pennywinkle

He started to walk over to the oval mirror and stopped, he tilted his head and turned towards the table with the tea set. He moved over towards it slowly as if he was listening, a long finger raising as if to ask for a moment. He stood there a moment, and then picked up a silver spoon and gently tapped (Alertness + Kenning please)

After he was done he moved back towards the mirror and pulled the fabric from it. The mirror was made of onyx "onyx, obsidian...a painted mirror with black paint. Fire and runes..tea leaves..all work well for augery" He whispered.

And stepped back motioning Jeremiah to step towards the mirror to see what he could see.

QuicksilverFox85

Post by QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:36 am

Jeremiah Hamilton
Jeremiah watched as the sluagh moved towards the covered mirror, eyebrow arching curiously as he stopped at the table. His head tilted slightly to the side as the spoon tapped onto the surface, identifying the note let out by the two objects coming together.

He approached the mirror when beckoned, nodding quietly. "I have used the smoke from a campfire before..." The thought of that long sojourn through the Dreaming almost sent a shiver down his spine, but he kept his composure intact as he turned his attention towards the black mirrored surface, seeing what the reflection had in store for him.

Kenning:
quicksilverfox85 Jeremiah Hamilton Wits 4 + Kenning 1 (Diff 6) 5 (No Rerolls) (Ones Botch) 2 1 5 7 10 Failure 09/29/18 02:26:17 AM

Successed Rolled: 1

fairfolk

Post by fairfolk » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:31 pm

Mister Pennywinkle

While he couldn't be sure, Jeremiah thought perhaps the slight tapping on the tea cup may be morris code but it was over so quick it was hard to tell.

Looking in the black mirror he saw a faint reflection of himself.

The Slaugh, standing so close to the Sidhe was a bit uncomfortable as his faint scent of death came from him. It had been covered up by the earthy mold smell. This tended to happen to older slugah but no one ever liked it.

"Just..let your mind wander" he whispered. "while keeping in mind who you want to know about"